Page 306 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2062562963023033043053063073083093103163564068061306 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    No, they dont. That run is available in many different formats.

They need to carry on releasing new stuff, instead of using up half the release schedule with reprints.
    Some Omnis should be reprinted. Very solid well selling material that relates to the MCU that is bringing in new readers. Ultimates, Astonishing (Whedon), Bendis/Bru DD and Bru Cap. I don't get why they re-release stuff like New X-Men which takes forever to sell out. There is pent-up demand for the MCU related omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    No, they dont. That run is available in many different formats.

They need to carry on releasing new stuff, instead of using up half the release schedule with reprints.
    Personally, I think there are some that should always be in print. Those first two Captain America books by Brubaker, for example, should at least get one more run as it's been a few years. But, I agree, I don't like Marvel clogging up the omnibus release schedule with re-releases.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Personally, I think there are some that should always be in print. Those first two Captain America books by Brubaker, for example, should at least get one more run as it's been a few years. But, I agree, I don't like Marvel clogging up the omnibus release schedule with re-releases.
    Yeah Marvel's stock management is awful, they really need to keep some of these "classic" and MCU related books in stock.

Considering there were new prints of Alias and Daredevil surrounding the netflix series announcements, are you guys expecting reprints or new Omnis related to the Luke Cage and Iron Fist series? Or even the Legion and Hellfire series at fox?
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 05-19-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Considering there were new prints of Alias and Daredevil surrounding the netflix series announcements, are you guys expecting reprints or new Omnis related to the Luke Cage and Iron Fist series? Or even the Legion and Hellfire series at fox?
    I would say a hard no to the fox shows for anything beyond a TPB, not because of Fox vs Marvel but because there isn't really anything to put into an omnibus except maybe X-Men Legacy. And the best Hellfire stuff was just reprinted twice.

I think Luke will continue to see TPBs and MMW until they have enough to collect into an Omni. And then maybe a Iron Fist Omni or a reprint of Immortal.

Once Defenders is out we might see a defenders solo omnibus featuring some stories from all four (five?) teammates, or a Heroes for Hire one with sub-branding of Defenders.

On the brubaker cap topic, maybe that could make a nice box set.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    On the brubaker cap topic, maybe that could make a nice box set.
    Boxed sets: everything you want reprinted, plus stuff you don't, cover type you want, size you don't. $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Boxed sets: everything you want reprinted, plus stuff you don't, cover type you want, size you don't. $500.
    while I agree with the size the Brubaker Cap series is not like a Secret wars box set, it's one writer's run. I might would upgrade from paperbacks especially since the Ultimate collections stopped after Death of... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I think Luke will continue to see TPBs and MMW until they have enough to collect into an Omni. And then maybe a Iron Fist Omni or a reprint of Immortal.
    They could do a nice Iron Fist Bronze Age omnibus and include his first appearances from Marvel Premiere. If I'm not mistaken, the Iron Fist run (or part of it) featured the team of Claremont and Byrne.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    They could do a nice Iron Fist Bronze Age omnibus and include his first appearances from Marvel Premiere. If I'm not mistaken, the Iron Fist run (or part of it) featured the team of Claremont and Byrne.
    While I would love this content in an omni, they just released (or announced?) it as an epic. Plus the MMWs are still in print.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Brubaker's Captain America run is one of the best Marvel comic runs I have read. But it does all tie in from the first issue he wrote so it would only be worth buying this is you are able to read the other issues elsewhere (ie Marvel Unlimited). But it really is a run worth reading.
    So I just ordered the "Trial of Captain America Omnibus". I looked at crushingkrisis' Captain America guide and there are a bunch of different formats (trades, HCs, OHCs) for the Brubaker run, but not all are available. Furthermore I don't like to collect the run in all the different formats.
    I will store this Omnibus in the hope of a reprint of the 3 previous Omnis =)
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 05-19-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    While I would love this content in an omni, they just released (or announced?) it as an epic. Plus the MMWs are still in print.
    It's also already an omnibus in Italy, same contents as the epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    So I just ordered the "Trial of Captain America Omnibus". I looked at crushingkrisis' Captain America guide and there are a bunch of different formats (trades, HCs, OHCs) for the Brubaker run, but not all are available. Furthermore I don't like to collect the run in all the different formats.
    I will store this Omnibus in the hope of a reprint of the 3 previous Omnis =)
    That's my problem. I'd buy them all, if I could get them all. But I'm not gonna buy one and hope the rest get re-printed.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    I also strongly feel that without Bendis' tenure at Marvel, we would not have the cinematic universe as it stands today. Bendis' fingerprints are all over those films, and his dialogue and banter has helped shaped the tone of nearly each entry.
    I never thought of that but Iron Man's dialogue definitely reminds me of Bendis. I also think Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch deserve big props.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That's my problem. I'd buy them all, if I could get them all. But I'm not gonna buy one and hope the rest get re-printed.
    I am almost certain they will be re-printed at some point. There is too much money to be made for them not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I am almost certain they will be re-printed at some point. There is too much money to be made for them not to be.
    Beware those who claim to know the will of the Marvel Collections Department they are deluded or evil, fools or liars.