Page 31 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541811315311031 ... LastLast

I quite liked Remenders run, more so the earlier Dimesion Z issues with JRJR than the latter stuff with Sam Wilson.
    Id definetly be interested in an Omni of the run.

I figured Remender Cap omni would have been solicited with Civil War, but maybe we'll see it in Q3 or 4 with the blu-ray release. Maybe marvel is skipping it. I'd rather a Captain Marvel omni from marvel now than a Cap America one though.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd probably get a Remander Cap omni for the story, as it was pretty good. The issue I have with it mainly is the JRjr art (I really dislike his style) and that the old age Cap stuff has stuck.

The guy doesn't need to be Cap, but I just dont like him being an old man.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd probably get a Remander Cap omni for the story, as it was pretty good. The issue I have with it mainly is the JRjr art (I really dislike his style) and that the old age Cap stuff has stuck.

The guy doesn't need to be Cap, but I just dont like him being an old man.
    Exactly, at least we'd still have the character as capable as ever even without the flag on.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    I already wrote about this a while ago:
    http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post784922
    http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post785554
    http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1018675

But as always: its a taste thing. Everybody has a diffrent taste
    Yeah you clearly didn't care for it haha which is fine! Just letting you know my thoughts behind why I cared for it.

Incredible Member

Giant Brood head crushes all opponents. Everyone should get that cover.
    Nope! The Classic X-Men issue reprinting UXM #167 was my first X-Men comic ever, and still what I think of as the definitive characterization of each team member. It's my single favorite X-Men comic of all time.

So, as boss as the Opena cover is, I'll be getting the classic cover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Tomorrow is Chris Claremont day! Or, more accurately, the Locust Moon comics festival where I will get to meet Claremont and see him speak in a session (if I had my wits about me earlier, I would have agitated to emcee the session. Oh well: I'll snag whatever X-creator they get next year

After considering a number of HCs for him to sign, I think I have settled on getting my copy of UXM #100 signed as well as my gatefold of X-Men #1, which I wouldn't mind dismantling to frame and hang. If he signs an HC I'll never get to enjoy it.

If there are any of you who will be there, I will be the one toting around a tiny toddler Kitty Pryde and Lockheed and crying every time Chris Claremont makes eye contact with me
    How did it go Krisis did you get your autographs? I got to meet my all time favorite novelist, Terry Brooks, at a small con yesterday too. He was a really down to earth cool guy.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Agreed, that's a tough choice. I've been going with the classic covers for the Omnis so far because I love the period, but this is not my favorite cover from this run and the Opena cover is magnificent.
    I've been going with classic covers as well but I would not have been too broken up if I had to "settle" for the immonen cover for the UXM vol 2. I thought it was pretty great.

Personally, I would not buy an OHC of Remender's Cap. After the first 5 issues or so I really enjoyed the new direction and the story. The second half was less then stellar but I still enjoyed much of it. After that, things went down pretty quickly. There were parts of the Iron Nail story I liked, I couldn't get into the artwork.

And then it finished in a hobbling introduction to Falcon as Cap. I was onboard for that, if nothing else for the Immonen art, but I got bored after a four issues or so and found myself getting annoyed that I was just reading a Falcon comic with nothing new or interesting and missing Steve's presence. I had assumed we'd see more of a team book with the two but that didn't develop.

A lot of Remender's work gets collected in omnibus form, so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel did collect his Captain America. Now me personally, I wouldn't buy it but it would probably sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Personally, I would not buy an OHC of Remender's Cap. After the first 5 issues or so I really enjoyed the new direction and the story. The second half was less then stellar but I still enjoyed much of it. After that, things went down pretty quickly. There were parts of the Iron Nail story I liked, I couldn't get into the artwork.

And then it finished in a hobbling introduction to Falcon as Cap. I was onboard for that, if nothing else for the Immonen art, but I got bored after a four issues or so and found myself getting annoyed that I was just reading a Falcon comic with nothing new or interesting and missing Steve's presence. I had assumed we'd see more of a team book with the two but that didn't develop.
    Yeah, the Dimension Z stuff was really cool. You also nailed the reason why I don't think Falcon Cap works. It's just the Falcon with a different coloured uniform, fine if you like the character but he's never interested me. At least with Bucky he was newly returned, went right along with Steve in the war and had comparable but different skills. He also knew exactly what Steve represented which made it much harder for him to live up to the legacy which in turn made it interesting.

With Falcon it felt a bit like they thought one of Steve's best friends worked before, why wouldn't another?

Agreed, that's a tough choice. I've been going with the classic covers for the Omnis so far because I love the period, but this is not my favorite cover from this run and the Opena cover is magnificent.
    I've been going with classic covers as well but I would not have been too broken up if I had to "settle" for the immonen cover for the UXM vol 2. I thought it was pretty great.
    Giant Brood head crushes all opponents. Everyone should get that cover.
    I'd agree but it's missing Rogue, Prof X and Illyana on the cover while Cyke & Logan get double coverage. Unless the cover is a wraparound and they're all on the back cover along with Binary, Caliban, Angel and Dracula. In that case, it would absolutely make it a must buy .

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A lot of Remender's work gets collected in omnibus form, so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel did collect his Captain America. Now me personally, I wouldn't buy it but it would probably sell.
    What has he done other then X-force and Uncanny avengers that has been collected? I can't even think of any other titles he has been on. It also, obviously, depends on sales numbers. I admit, I have no idea how his Cap has been selling. But Considering Hawkeye, Thor, X-men and Deadpool have all received OHCs but not Cap, makes me think sales haven't been good enough to warrant another format.

Again though, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    What has he done other then X-force and Uncanny avengers that has been collected?
    His Punisher run got an omnibus. Don't recall anything else, though.

Amazing Member

So is the DC/Marvel Crossovers Omnibus listed for December on the front page actually happening or is it still the running joke "haha we're never getting this" kind of thing?