Page 311 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2112613013073083093103113123133143153213614118111311 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 20773

The best way to travel with them...is to buy digital (or trades). C'mon guys lol...you don't see people taking their Vinyl collection on the road. These are home books...luxury items...there's a time and a place.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

BUMP

i.e. I sent you a PM thru the CBR site.
    Thats fine. Guys don't forget to vote!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Tigereyes is this your survey? If so, can I send it through here instead of the Masterworks site?

If you haven't already, sure!

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Has anyone here tried or considered using a bible cover for traveling with omnibus? -- I'm trying to figure out an appropriate way to travel with one book while im moving around and this came to mind.

Like a plain looking one lol not like with designs and shit
    This is my bible

image.jpg

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The largest bible covers I can find usually top out at less than 10" tall (usually 9 5/8"), so they won't work for OHC-sized Marvel books.

The biggest one I found had the dimensions 10.25"H x 8"W ("Armor of God Oxford Cloth Protective Bible Cover Case") - still probably an inch shy of working. The brand "Bella Taylor" has similarly-sized cases.

If you're willing to spend as much on a cover as on a book, it looks like the Leatherology "XL Bible Cover - Full Grain Leather" may fit an Omni if it has a bit of give, it says it fits bibles 10.75"H x 8.25"W x 2.25"D.

You might have better luck on Etsy, where someone making a custom cover could modify it to be perfect for Omnis.
    Last edited by krisis; 05-24-2016 at 06:29 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Although the Now run will be coming out fully collected in Omni format later this year.
    I need something to give him for his birthday next month. Don't think it'll be good to give him a birthday present 6 months later. I'm also not sure if he would like the Omni format (although he is a big guy).

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    The best way to travel with them...is to buy digital (or trades). C'mon guys lol...you don't see people taking their Vinyl collection on the road. These are home books...luxury items...there's a time and a place.
    I agree.

The only possible need to take them out would be to a con to get signed. In which case a laptop bag and some bubblewrap is a good cheap method
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Anyone care to share what their Top 10 choices were for the Omnibus Ballot?

My Top 10:

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Vol. 3
    2. Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 2
    3. Daredevil by Denny O’Neill, Klaus Janson, David Mazzucchelli & Others (DD #192-218, #220-225, Marvel Fanfare #27, MTU #140-141)
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (#251-285, Annuals)
    5. Spider-Man by David Michelinie
    6. Iron Man by David Michelinie Vol. 2 (#216-250, Annuals 8,9)
    7. New Avengers by Bendis Vol. 2
    8. Captain America (Silver Age) Vol. 3 (#149-192, Annuals)
    9. Daredevil by Ann Nocenti
    10. Wolverine Vol. 2 (#11-40, Annuals)

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I think TigerEyes was hoping we'd keep our ballots quiet so there's a surprise when they are tabulated, but I'll share 11 things that missed my ballot - maybe dissuading you from voting for any of them in favor of VOTING FOR DAZZLER!

For reference, I view this ballot as "Omnis I want the most in the next year, so if something seems clearly slated for publishing in the following year I tend to withhold my vote. For example, last year I did not vote for a Doctor Strange Omnibus, since obviously we'd get one for the movie.

Avengers: Galactic Storm. Why not? With all the surrounding series hitting Epics I'd rather have a new TPB collection. Also, with the Avengers-in-Space theme I think this might as well wait until the Infinity War movie hits for maximum tie-in potential.

Gambit, Vol. 3 (#1-25 & Annuals 1-2). Why not? We just got half of this in a Complete Collection, with probably the rest on the way soon. Could we get a Gambit Omni as a movie tie-in? Eh. I don't think Marvel would roll that big of a dice on it being the kind of hit that Deadpool was.

Ghost Rider, Vol. 1 (Marvel Spotlight #5-12, #1-28) and/or Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch, Vol. 1 (#1-27, FF #347-349, XMv2 #8-9, potential MCP material). Why not? I think we'd be much more likely to knock out this material quickly if it hit Epic. Plus, we just got the Sons of Vengeance crossover that abuts this in TPB rather than OHC, so why have a mixed shelf?

New Warriors, Vol. 2 (#27-50 et al?). Why not? I actually feel rather strongly about this one, but we'd still need a very unlikely Vol. 3 to end the series - not super-likely.

Infinity War. Why not? Clearly we'll get this in 2018 for the movie, so why vote now?. I suppose you could make the argument that if we get this in 2017 we could get Infinity Crusade for 2018. If so, I guess it's worth a vote.

Moon Knight, Vol. 1. Why not? Not only are the Epics handling this nicely, but it'd be a crapshoot as to what to put into this. If you feel compelled to collect all those pre-series appearances (and I think you would) this would barely scratch his first volume, and would not likely to be likely to be completed.

Ms. Marvel (#1-25 & Add'l Appearances). Why not? I'm completely satisified with the MMWs, and we'll probably get the Omni anyway when the movie hits.

Savage She-Hulk. Why not? The fact that the much-lengthier Spider-Woman hit MMW makes me think we can get this as a two-and-done series once Ms. Marvel completes.

Spider-Woman (#1-50). Why not? This was never super-likely both due to content and size, and I'll happily. take it in 4-5 MMWs over the course of the next few years.

Nova by DNA. Why not? This is getting redundant, since we have an OHC of #1-11 and #23-28 will be in WoK, with the possibility of the remainder in a future WoK Omni.
    Last edited by krisis; 05-24-2016 at 09:20 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yeah, maybe maybe not

Knowing others choices in the past 2 or so ballots before the final ballot was "announced" reminded me of a couple of Omnis which I initially didn't think of but realised I really wanted

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My "Secret" Omnibus Ballot

1- Incredible Hulk SA vol.2: contents from the Essentials vol.3&4 timed to release wit Thor Ragnarok
    2- Wolverine vol.2: Wolverine #11-41 while allowing for crossovers essential to that time frame
    3- Moon Knight vol.1: Contents of Essentials vol.1&2
    4- Ghost Rider vol.1: Contents of Essential vol.1 & half of vol.2
    5- Alpha Flight vol.1: X-Men #120 + John Byrne run thru issue #35
    6- New Avengers vol.2: issue #32-64 + any filler issues, complete the Bendis run
    7- Amazing Spider-man vol.3: #68-102, Annuals 6-8
    8- Invincible Iron Man vol.3: #26-58, Annuals 1-2
    9- Mighty Thor vol.3: #153-188, Annuals 2-3
    10- New Warriors vol.2: #27-57, Annual 3
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

These were the picks I tossed around in no particular order:

Ultimate Spiderman v2
    JiM by Gillen
    Black Widow by Edmonson
    Amazing Spider-Man V3
    Uncanny X-Men v4
    Spectacular Spider-Man by DeMattais
    Punisher Max v1 by Ennis
    Runaways by BKV
    Amazing Spider-Man by JMS v1
    Amazing Spider-Man by Michelinie/Larson
    Amazing Spider-Man by Slott v1 (648-
    Avengers/NA by Hickman v1

In other words, there is not enough of Marvel's best character in omni format lol.

Was there a reprint announced for the New Mutants Classic vol 1 or did I dream about that?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Was there a reprint announced for the New Mutants Classic vol 1 or did I dream about that?
    I feel like there was an artist select edition announced or something wasnt there? Zeb Wells? Or did I dream that as well?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I feel like there was an artist select edition announced or something wasnt there? Zeb Wells? Or did I dream that as well?
    Yes, a New Mutants volume is coming this summer in IDW's Marvel Artist Select Series:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY160532