Page 32 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642821325321032 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just read Enemy of the state a few days ago and really liked it, I think it's a quite restrained story by Millar standards. I generally like his stuff but I think the contents of the omni are one of the best Wolverine stories in the last 105-20 years.
    The only problem with EotS is Romita's art, which I like but maybe it's not everybody's cup of tea. But then you get McNieven in OML and no complaints there.
    The only thing I could swallow of Millar's was Civil War and Vol. 1 of his Ultimates. Saying that, I'm quite looking forward to reading Old Man Logan.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
    So is the DC/Marvel Crossovers Omnibus listed for December on the front page actually happening or is it still the running joke "haha we're never getting this" kind of thing?
    My amazon preorder was cancelled. IIRC, the email was to the tune that's it's not going to happen.

Canucked, I think it should be taken off the first page.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    What has he done other then X-force and Uncanny avengers that has been collected? I can't even think of any other titles he has been on. It also, obviously, depends on sales numbers. I admit, I have no idea how his Cap has been selling. But Considering Hawkeye, Thor, X-men and Deadpool have all received OHCs but not Cap, makes me think sales haven't been good enough to warrant another format.

Again though, I have no idea.
    He has done 5 runs for Marvel long enough to warrant an omnibus (Venom, Punisher, Uncanny X-Force, Uncanny Avengers and a spare one, since I'm sure I'n forgetting one) and Marvel actually made 3 of those. Add to that that Cap is a popular character and JRJR's name still sells than it definitely has a chance of being omni'd. Altough Remender has parted ways with Marvel for now and the sales may have been lower than expected, so that could be the rrason we haven't seen one. Or the chief of collected editions just missed it on the dartboard and accidentally hit Werewolf by Night.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Yeah, the Dimension Z stuff was really cool. You also nailed the reason why I don't think Falcon Cap works. It's just the Falcon with a different coloured uniform, fine if you like the character but he's never interested me. At least with Bucky he was newly returned, went right along with Steve in the war and had comparable but different skills. He also knew exactly what Steve represented which made it much harder for him to live up to the legacy which in turn made it interesting.

With Falcon it felt a bit like they thought one of Steve's best friends worked before, why wouldn't another?
    I was looking forward the FalCap but was disappointed. Even with Immonen's art the costume just looked silly, didn't really looked like a Cap costume, it's Patriotic Falcon. Also the wings AND the shield is just too much. Can't believe he is not imbalanced with it.
    Maybe if he only had a jetpack without the wings. I get it that his fighting style is based on flying but you don't need the wings if you have the shield and there are plenty of examples in the MU of people using wingless jetpacks without difficulty.
    Also, and feel free to educate me if I'm wrong, but I always thought you should have some kind of super strength to throw that shield properly. I mean, you can throw it once or twice if you are fit enough but to constantly do it in battle that must be tiresome. That's why Bucky with the cybernetic arm made sense. But AFAIK Sam doesn't have super strength.
    Also, how the hell can the bloody bird carry the shield? Surely it weights too much for a bird, if it would be lightweight it wouldn't have the same impact when it gets thrown at an opponent.

I was looking forward the FalCap but was disappointed. Even with Immonen's art the costume just looked silly, didn't really looked like a Cap costume, it's Patriotic Falcon. Also the wings AND the shield is just too much. Can't believe he is not imbalanced with it.
    Maybe if he only had a jetpack without the wings. I get it that his fighting style is based on flying but you don't need the wings if you have the shield and there are plenty of examples in the MU of people using wingless jetpacks without difficulty.
    Also, and feel free to educate me if I'm wrong, but I always thought you should have some kind of super strength to throw that shield properly. I mean, you can throw it once or twice if you are fit enough but to constantly do it in battle that must be tiresome. That's why Bucky with the cybernetic arm made sense. But AFAIK Sam doesn't have super strength.
    Also, how the hell can the bloody bird carry the shield? Surely it weights too much for a bird, if it would be lightweight it wouldn't have the same impact when it gets thrown at an opponent.
    The shield doesn't make sense in the first place. It's supposed to absorb vibrations hence why it never breaks and can absorb the impact from something like a punch from the Hulk without breaking the users arms. Apart from that being scientifically questionable, it should result in the shield absorbing all impact, so it shouldn't be able to bounce off someone's head. If the shield hits something it should either go through it or immediately fall on the ground afterwards. It can't both absorb impact yet bounce off things. The whole concept of the shield is flawed as hell. But yeah, comics.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The shield doesn't make sense in the first place. It's supposed to absorb vibrations hence why it never breaks and can absorb the impact from something like a punch from the Hulk without breaking the users arms. Apart from that being scientifically questionable, it should result in the shield absorbing all impact, so it shouldn't be able to bounce off someone's head. If the shield hits something it should either go through it or immediately fall on the ground afterwards. It can't both absorb impact yet bounce off things. The whole concept of the shield is flawed as hell. But yeah, comics.
    you make too much sense! Even though I was aware of the vibration absorbing thing I never thought about the bouncing part.
    You shattered my childhood!!!!

Anyone else experiencing delays with IST? I ordered the SHIELD omni on the 7th of October and they still haven't notified me of shipping.

you make too much sense! Even though I was aware of the vibration absorbing thing I never thought about the bouncing part.
    You shattered my childhood!!!!
    'Tis what I do
    Victorxd1999: the finest crusher of dreams sincr 2013

I'm seriously considering making that my official motto

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Anyone else experiencing delays with IST? I ordered the SHIELD omni on the 7th of October and they still haven't notified me of shipping.
    Nope I've gotten two orders since then. Which cover did you order? They may be out of the DM cover and waiting to scrounge up more.

Very nice, thank you! Arrghh this is probably the most conflicted I've been on a cover...Opena is one of my all time favs..but that classic cover though...
    Ditto. I always go with classic covers but I love the Opena one.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

I ordered the SHIELD and Werewolf omnibuses on Oct. 9 and got them 19 days after (last week). That's the usual 2-3 weeks to get an IST box shipped to Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    What you do here is have the outer ring be made of adamantium and from there inwards made of vibranium. That way you get the protection of the absorbing properties and the outer edge becomes the offensive part. Also make the star out of adamantium for when he smacks people with the centre of the shield.

So is the Hawkeye Omnibus out yet? It's been on IST for awhile and I thought that things only go up on there when it's actually out, but I have yet to see a single person who has it. Is Amazon the one who has the actual right release date of November 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    So is the Hawkeye Omnibus out yet? It's been on IST for awhile and I thought that things only go up on there when it's actually out, but I have yet to see a single person who has it. Is Amazon the one who has the actual right release date of November 3rd?
    Amazon usually carries stuff approx. two weeks later. Sometimes they will get it day and date with direct market, but that' is getting rare. I find that my amazon marvel books will ship on a Friday; so had I gotten Hawkeye, it would be shipping late this week from amazon arriving next Saturday, Monday or Tuesday depending on the cards fate draws for me.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    I think people (at least here) are not buying it as much because they are doing the two OHCs.