Page 322 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2222723123183193203213223233243253263323724228221322 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Wolverine vol.3...I'm confused, I had listed a Wolverine vol.2 but it would've picked up with Wolverine '88 #11, not #31. So I'm a bit lost on this right now.
    My guess is that people voted for both a Volume 2 and a Volume 3. Volume 2 probably got more votes, and will appear higher on the list.

None of 50-41 are ones I voted for. I'd dig a Realm of Kings one, and Wolverine might be cool, though I've been buying the Epic Collections for that (which so far collect 1-16 and 87-100).

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah FF 60 came out in 67 so most of FF Omnibus vol 2 is mid 60s, but I feel over the course of his FF run you do see his style evolve. The Cap stuff was from the 70s and well after his DC run so you do have that change in style. If you can find it MMW FF vol 5 covers Inhumans and Galactus story lines and would give you a good idea of his style at this time, without the omnibus price.
    unfortunately the MMW is pretty expensive or at least not worth it compared to the omni but thanks!

Spectacular Member

Is that chunk of Avengers West Coast well regarded? I've read pretty much everything through the Byrne stuff, but nothing past that.

Quote Originally Posted by mc77 View Post
    I am new to this so I am not sure if I am in the right thread.
    Could anyone tell me if there is any differences between Marvel Masterworks HC New Printing Edition from 2015 and the numbered silver dust jacked ones printed around 2003. I am talking in terms of contents, dusk jackets, spine labels etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    There are slight differences. The first off the top of my head is the number on the spine. I can take a picture when I'm home.
    Also there may be minor changes to the restoration and art files used depending on which printing you have. This is probably a good topic for the guys over on the MMW MB ... they live, eat, and breathe this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    Is that chunk of Avengers West Coast well regarded? I've read pretty much everything through the Byrne stuff, but nothing past that.
    Not really. Roy Thomas did plots/scripts after Byrne left but I've never been that excited about any of the content post-Byrne's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Volume 1 is old, 3 is new. You can see it in the Mavel branding and in the volume number. Sorry for the bad pic, I'm sleepy. Also I don't know about the different editions and Printings before the recent line, but that volume 1 is from the early 2000s.
    Attachment 36311
    Thanks for the help!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    Thomas's stories are serviceable; standard '90's superhero fare, with a nice dose of crossovers.

The best part is the Dave Ross art, honestly.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    tigereyes just released the 1st batch of voted omniboo:

#50 REALM OF KINGS
    #49 AVENGERS BY ROGER STERN VOLUME 1
    #48 SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOLUME #1 (1977)
    #47 WOLVERINE (1988) VOLUME #3 (13pxWolverine #31-57, Marvel Comics Presents #62-71, 85-92, Wolverine: Bloodlust, Fantastic Four #347-349, Spider-Man #8-12, Wolverine Bloody Choices)
    #45 AVENGERS WEST COAST (COMPLETING THE SERIES #63-102, ANNUALS)
    I would definitely go for the above, although I didn't vote for them.

As Krisis wrote, the Wolverine numbering seems off what with starting at #31. I'm out of the country right now so I can't check my Wolverine Omni Vol. 1 and the exact Barry Windsor Smith MCP issues that appeared in Vol. 1 but are those issues correct above I wonder.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

My thoughts on the revealed so far:

#50 REALM OF KINGS - I dont think there is enough to make this one worth it. It would be such filler rubbish, the existing OHC is just fine, still cheap and easy to find. Redundant imo. Probably why it's so low!
    #49 AVENGERS BY ROGER STERN VOLUME 1 I'm down. Would be a first day purchase.
    #48 SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN VOLUME #1 (1977) I would get it probably, but I cant think of anything in this run this early worth reading
    #47 WOLVERINE (1988) VOLUME #3 (13pxWolverine #31-57, Marvel Comics Presents #62-71, 85-92, Wolverine: Bloodlust, Fantastic Four #347-349, Spider-Man #8-12, Wolverine Bloody Choices) As long as we get a volume 2, I'm always in for volume 3
    #46 SENSATIONAL SHE HULK BY JOHN BYRNE I'd be in for Byrne, but I dont remember this run being anything special when I've read part of it before.
    #45 AVENGERS WEST COAST (COMPLETING THE SERIES #63-102, ANNUALS) Yup, if I have 1-3, I'm in for a 4 for sure
    #44 TIE PUNISHER (1980'S SERIES VOLUME 1) Not a Punisher fan, not one for me
    #44 TIE KILLRAVEN I have never understood this character. Might get it out of curiosity if the price was right
    #43 IRON MAN VOLUME 3 (SILVER AGE #26-67) Yup, would buy
    #42 MARVEL HORROR (TOWER OF SHADOWS, ETC) Yup, would buy, especially if it was an October release and the Halloween spirit took me!
    #41 DEFENDERS - Sub-Mariner #34-#35, Marvel Feature #1-#3, the Defenders #1-#21 Giant Size Defenders #1-#4, Marvel Two in One #6-#7, Avengers #115-#118 Yeah, not a run that set the world on fire, but it has the Surfer and Namor, so I'd be there for it.

I love the idea of this though, it makes me think of future omnis I'd never have thought of that I'd definitely go for.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As Krisis wrote, the Wolverine numbering seems off what with starting at #31. I'm out of the country right now so I can't check my Wolverine Omni Vol. 1 and the exact Barry Windsor Smith MCP issues that appeared in Vol. 1 but are those issues correct above I wonder.
    It is off. I was at home and looked(but Amazon will tell you if you pop open a new tab).
    A vol. 2 would start with Wolverine '88 #11 and using a 30-40 issue guide you'd be well above issue #31. The only way to not be higher than issue #31 would be if there were 20 issues of crossover stories in that same 2yr period that some are wanting to include but what would that be??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The next 10 are up! Here's a recap; I'll annotate with contents and commentary in the next post.

#40 CAPTAIN MARVEL VOLUME 1
    1-33, MARVEL SUPERHEROES #12-13, IRON MAN #55

#39 IRON MAN BY MATT FRACTION VOLUME 3 500-527

#38 TIE X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID (1990'S SERIES)

#38 TIE CONAN THE BARBARIAN VOLUME 1

#37 DAREDEVIL SILVER AGE VOLUME #1

#36 SILVER SURFER BY STEVE ENGLEHART

#35 NAMOR THE SUB-MARINER by JOHN BYRNE

#34 BLACK PANTHER by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST

#33 DAREDEVIL BY MARK WAID

#32 MIRACLEMAN

#31 X-FORCE VOLUME 2
    Last edited by krisis; 06-01-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

And, my annotations and color commentary (now with corrections!):

#40 Captain Marvel. Contents: #1-33, Marvel Super-Heroes #12-13, Iron Man #55
    A lot of people would love this since the early Captain Marvel material is incredibly classic and sometimes the first three MMW are hard to come by. However, I've got the MMW, so no need to pick this up.

#39 Iron Man by Fraction Vol. 3. Contents: #500-527, 500.1, Annual 1, Shattered Heroes: Iron Man + optional FCBD 2010 Iron Man/Thor & Rescue #1
    I voted for this. It's nice to see there are enough other completists out there who are bugged by this

#38 TIE X-Factor by PAD (90s). Likely contents: X-Factor #70-89 or 92.
    I don't understand why people want this unless we expand the scope to take us all the way through the conversion to AOA - collecting #70 - 111.

PAD wrote X-Factor for 20 issues, and that run was interrupted for three issues for X-Cutioner's Song (already OHC'd) before cutting off in the middle of his story when he left the book. The Fatal Attractions OHC already picks up from #87. That means we're talking about an Omnibus for 14 non-OHC issues (13, really, since #70 is in Claremont/Lee, Vol. 2 where it belongs). That could be wrapped up in a single Epic, and even a gap-plugging OHC from #70 to 86 less the X-Cutioner's issues would be small.

#38 TIE Conan, Vol. 1. Likely contents: Conan, The Barbarian #1-42 & Savage Tales (1971) #2 (and likely 3 to finish a story)
    Moot, because Marvel doesn't have the rights.

#37 Daredevil, Vol. 1. Contents: #1-31 and Annual 1
    It is extraordinary that Daredevil remains the one ongoing Silver Age hero with no Omnibus, but not all of that initial material is strong. I already have the MMWs, so this would be a pass for me.

#36 Silver Surfer by Englehart. Likely contents: #1-31 & Annuals 1-2
    This is buy for me, because if they extend it a scant two issues beyond his run it lines up to the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus, which begins on #34.

#35 Namor by Byrne. Likely contents: Namor, the Sub-Mariner #1-32 (and likely 33 to complete a story)
    This is actually tempting since it's a pretty long, continuous run that makes up half the volume. Marvel could easily get all of the annuals in there as well, but don't tend to be too lenient on these creator-named volumes (likely for royalty reasons).

#34 Black Panther by Priest. Likely contents: #1-35 & Deadpool #44
    We'll certainly see the first volume of this for the movie, but dudes - we just got it in Complete collection from front to back. I'll fine with that.

#33 Daredevil by Mark Waid. Contents: Daredevil, Vol. 3 #1-36 & 10.1, Indestructible Hulk #9-10
    (Daredevil Vol. 4 #1-18, 1.5, .1, 15.1 wouldn't fit - that's 60 issues!)
    Gah, what a wasted vote. The OHCs are still in print! Also, this would be neck and neck with the Duggan Deadpool for longest-omni-ever.

#32 Miracleman.
    I'm not too familiar with this content, but I know it would make a lot of people happy.

#31 X-Force, Vol. 2. Likely contents: X-Force #19-43, Annual 2-3, New Warriors #31 & 45-46, Nomad #20, Excalibur #82, X-Factor #106 (maybe plus #44-48 & Annual 4 + Uncanny X-Men #323)
    I'd buy this, because it would take us through the end of currently printed X-Force material in oversized format with no gaps.

Bottom Line: 3 buys (Iron Man, Surfer, X-Force), 1 maybe (X-Factor), 1 vote.
    Overall Tally: 6 buys, 3 maybes, 2 votes represented.
    Last edited by krisis; 06-01-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    #36 SILVER SURFER BY STEVE ENGLEHART
    They won't do this one, at least not soon. They just did an Epic Collection of 1-14 (plus the 1982 one-shot and some other bits).

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Seen as the next set is up, here are my thoughts on them too.

#40 Captain Marvel. Contents: #1-33, Marvel Super-Heroes #12-13, Iron Man #55
    I believe this one was on my list! Would definitely be a purchase from me. Love this series and this character.

#39 Iron Man by Fraction Vol. 3. Contents: #500-527 + optional FCBD 2010 Iron Man/Thor & Rescue #1
    Yeah, I'd love to see this run completed, but the omni label on an OHC volume 3 would piss me off. I'd have to get a custom jacket to cover it up.

#38 TIE X-Factor by PAD (90s). Likely contents: X-Factor #70-89 or 92.
    I agree with Krisis. This run is pretty good, but pretty pointless to put in an omni.

#38 TIE Conan, Vol. 1. Likely contents: Conan, The Barbarian #1-42 & Savage Tales (1971) #2
    If Marvel could license the rights back, the cost of the omni would be be very high - and likely split to capitalise on profit back. Not a series for me and not a practice I appreciate by Marvel.

#37 Daredevil, Vol. 1. Contents: #1-31 and Annual 1
    It's not a great run, but yeah, I'd be getting it.

#36 Silver Surfer by Englehart. Likely contents: #1-31 & Annuals 1-2
    Another one from my list. I want this one so much it hurts. Please Marvel!

#35 Namor by Byrne. Likely contents: Namor, the Sub-Mariner #1-32
    Much like She Hulk, I'd be there for Byrne, but different to She Hulk, I remember the early part of this run was pretty consistently good.

#34 Black Panther by Priest. Likely contents: #1-35 & Deadpool #44
    Yes please. Dont care if it just came out in softcover, OHC omnibus is the best format, so let's have it!

#33 Daredevil by Mark Waid. Contents: Daredevil, Vol. 3 #1-36 & 10.1, Indestructible Hulk #9-10, Daredevil Vol. 4 #1-18, 1.5, .1, 15.1
    Absolutely pointless. Buy the OHCs. I suspect before this list is done we'll see the Hickman Avengers stuff here too, and maybe Bendis X-Men. If it's already out in OHC, an omni combining those OHC's is absolutely pointless. That red omnibus label on the spine isn't the be all and end all.

#32 Miracleman.
    If we get lots of extras and that evil scene of rape leading to massive slaughter, I'd be there just for the impact of that.

#31 X-Force, Vol. 2. Likely contents: X-Force #19-48, Annual 2-4, New Warriors #31 & 45-46, Nomad #20, Excalibur #82, X-Factor #106, Uncanny X-Men #323.
    Not one I'd be desperate for, but yeah, it'll be nice to have a full series.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

Stronger choices this go 'round. I'd be down for BP, Miracleman, and IM if it contained the the whole run. Would probably replace my waid ohcs for the omni as well. (I'm easy...)

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Another 5, annotations to come:

#30 X-FACTOR (2008) BY PETER DAVID
    #29 WARLOCK (1978)
    #28 DR. STRANGE BY ROGER STERN
    #27 WOLVERINE VOLUME 2
    #26 GENERATION X VOLUME 1