Page 33 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743831335331033 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    IS that a repint of UXM vol 2 omni? cant be right they would announce something that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm not a fan of Millar at all but I like Wolverine and I haven't yet read Old Man Logan and would prefer to have it in oversized format, so I decided to pick up the Omnibus before it goes OOP.
    Is it close to going OOP? My LCS has had a copy since release day (they get one, or two copies at the most for every premium-sized collection), and I'm tempted to get it, but (and I'm not sure why) I'd rather have Enemy of the State and Old Man Logan in OHC form, even when the latter is getting harder and harder to find at a decent price.

Loving SHIELD. My first experience with almost all of the material. I have been in masterworks mode so after reading steranko's epic intro to MMW v2 in the Omni, I wish I had gotten the masterworks.

Krisis, did you end up getting the Omni or going MMW?

I probably won't hunt them down, because my want list for out of print masterworks is already too high.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    IS that a repint of UXM vol 2 omni? cant be right they would announce something that big.
    It can't be. It's about 50 pages too short to be a reprint, plus the book isn't even sold out everywhere. On saying that, it is certainly labelled as if to be a reprint.....how confusing.

Equally, the credits dont make that much sense. Jo Duffy is credited as a writer, but the only Uncanny X-Men she wrote is a story in Annual 8. Similarly, John Romita only did art for one issue, 177, and he was an inker there.

Third edit: It seems Jo Duffy wrote one of the random books also included in Omnibus 2.....so maybe it is a reprint.....which would probably the fastest reprint job ever (not counting further print runs)
    Last edited by legion_quest; 11-02-2015 at 11:23 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    What has he done other then X-force and Uncanny avengers that has been collected? I can't even think of any other titles he has been on. It also, obviously, depends on sales numbers. I admit, I have no idea how his Cap has been selling. But Considering Hawkeye, Thor, X-men and Deadpool have all received OHCs but not Cap, makes me think sales haven't been good enough to warrant another format.

Again though, I have no idea.
    His Punisher also.
    I guess I should have said his more recent stuff. Those are his last three big runs and all were collected in omnibus. That's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    So is the Hawkeye Omnibus out yet? It's been on IST for awhile and I thought that things only go up on there when it's actually out, but I have yet to see a single person who has it. Is Amazon the one who has the actual right release date of November 3rd?
    My LCS has it. I'm waiting on the second OHC, tho.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Is it close to going OOP? My LCS has had a copy since release day (they get one, or two copies at the most for every premium-sized collection), and I'm tempted to get it, but (and I'm not sure why) I'd rather have Enemy of the State and Old Man Logan in OHC form, even when the latter is getting harder and harder to find at a decent price.
    There was an OOP scare on this Omnibus a month or so ago due to rumours that the next Wolverine movie would have the OML storyline and also because of the popularity of the OML ongoing. Also, amazon seemed to have less in stock at the time. I bought it just in case.

Spectacular Member

Not sure if its a reprint or what(UXM Vol2)...

Also, Lee's Spidey Vol 1
    http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider...n%3A7421490011

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post
    Not sure if its a reprint or what(UXM Vol2)...

Also, Lee's Spidey Vol 1
    http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider...n%3A7421490011
    I think we already knew about this one. It's a bit of a given.

Marvel seem to keep a few titles as close to ever green as Marvel get:

Uncanny X-Men volume 1
    Miller Daredevil
    Amazing Spider-Man volume 1
    Fantastic Four 1+2

If Uncanny vol2 is getting a reprint, I think it would be safe to say that it will also join this list.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think we already knew about this one. It's a bit of a given.

Marvel seem to keep a few titles as close to ever green as Marvel get:

Uncanny X-Men volume 1
    Miller Daredevil
    Amazing Spider-Man volume 1
    Fantastic Four 1+2

If Uncanny vol2 is getting a reprint, I think it would be safe to say that it will also join this list.
    part of me hopes it is so others can get the book who missed out, but on the other hand I had a hard time getting it(still waiting for it to arrive)IST canceled my order and had to pay almost double at CGN(then they raised the price about 10 hours after my order) and now its worth a small ammount of value but it will rocket up once vol 3 and vol1repint are out. Nice to have a book of value!

Ill also be getting the ASM by lee since I missed out last time. Wish they would repint vol 2.

So with the under siege epic I wonder if they will be doing the Roger Stern run backwards?

Incredible Member

Anyone grabbing the GotG solo Omni this week? I was going to get it to help show sales support for Cosmic collections, but with the DnA announcement I am less inclined. I think picking up the latter shows more incentive for Marvel to finish up with WoK and potentially RoK, although I think the RoK is much more of a longshot than War. Will definitely be grabbing Busiek 2 and New Avengers Hickman 2.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Anyone grabbing the GotG solo Omni this week? I was going to get it to help show sales support for Cosmic collections, but with the DnA announcement I am less inclined. I think picking up the latter shows more incentive for Marvel to finish up with WoK and potentially RoK, although I think the RoK is much more of a longshot than War. Will definitely be grabbing Busiek 2 and New Avengers Hickman 2.
    Just put in a big order at CGN that included GotG. I know they probably bear no resemblance to the characters today, but I enjoy getting the history. Also hoping they expand the cosmic stuff in Omnibus form. More Surfer (got the first one), some Warlock, Captain Marvel, etc.

Spectacular Member

New Books on Amazon. For the X-People: two big TPBs relating to Apocalpyse (so NO X-FACTOR Omni -_-). One of them (Coming) will possibly collect the Phoenix Rising HC and will give us maybe up to 10 issues of the first X-Factor Volume. The other one (Rise) might collect the old Apocalypse Miniseries that was collected with a pair of X-Factor issues way back about his origins and (pure speculation) maybe some other limited Apocalypse series (Blood). Krisis should be able to make a more educated guess I think.

Furthermore ANOTHER Mutant Genesis Trade.

There are some more books (Hawkeye Thunderbolts; Avengers/Iron Man Forceworks). What really got my attention was a possible big trade Deadpool/Spiderman. The Joe Kelly issues were hilarious older ones and the newer single issue.

Gosh is it November already? time flies when you are getting older
    I still have like 800 pages left from the Busiek Avengers omni but have no desire to read it right now (nothing against the material but the for me it didn't hit the ground running) and now vol 2 is coming out, which I should buy before it goes oop in a blink.
    Darn...