Page 348 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2482983383443453463473483493503513523583984488481348 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Haha. I still might. I'm not into ripping off people for profits just want a fair deal situation. No way will i intentionally sell it that high. I might just leave an open bid and let the people decide.

One thing though. Do you think if for the first half of owning it i kept it stored on it's back that would effect it to where it's not NM anymore? Like maybe a curved spine or something lol. That might be ridiculous i don't know much about these books. I typically buy the singles or flimsy cheap trades not omnibus. I never planned on selling it so i just put it in a stack of books i had rather than keep it upright on a shelf. Later, i kept it upright on a shelf once i went through the stack. Not sure if that affects the grade or not.
    If everything is still square and tight you should be fine. I would steer clear of using grade words such as mint or near mint they are too subjective and could lead to nit picking by an unscrupulous buyer. If you use phrases like read once and shelved or collector owned then gets the point across without subjectivity.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    If everything is still square and tight you should be fine. I would steer clear of using grade words such as mint or near mint they are too subjective and could lead to nit picking by an unscrupulous buyer. If you use phrases like read once and shelved or collector owned then gets the point across without subjectivity.
    Alright thanks again. After all the help to everyone. I'm good to go. Now the regular scheduled programming can commence from before my interruption.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Start it at a 0.99 auction and let the madness begin. You aren't ripping people off if they are setting the price of their own volition.
    If you do this, just remember to turn off notifications if you have an ebay app on your phone! It'll go completely bonkers with bid notifications, especially in the last few minutes

I posted this in the main forum, I'd forgotten everyone hides away in the main threads

I'm selling my collection and trying to get an idea on prices for a few books, usually I use ebay completed auctions but some of these there are hardly any results or priced ridiculously. Looking for some help with what they are worth:

Ultimates Omnibus by Millar/Hitch
    Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus
    Captain America Omnibus v1/Death of Cap Omnibus Brubaker
    The Mighty Thor Omnibus Simonson
    Thor by JMS Omnibus
    Punisher Max OHCs Ennis
    Secret Warriors Omnibus Hickman
    FF Omnibuses Hickman

I know you guys are a good source of knowledge, so I'll thank you in advance.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I posted this in the main forum, I'd forgotten everyone hides away in the main threads

I'm selling my collection and trying to get an idea on prices for a few books, usually I use ebay completed auctions but some of these there are hardly any results or priced ridiculously. Looking for some help with what they are worth:

Thor by JMS Omnibus
    Punisher Max OHCs Ennis
    FF Omnibuses Hickman

Hey NZ, so what made you finally push the button and make you sell off your collection if you don't mind me asking?

Mighty Member

Ultimates Omnibus by Millar/Hitch ~$125
    Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus ~$200
    Captain America Omnibus v1/Death of Cap Omnibus Brubaker ~$100/~$200
    Thor by JMS Omnibus ~$80
    Punisher Max OHCs Ennis $250-300 as a set
    Secret Warriors Omnibus Hickman ~$150
    FF Omnibuses Hickman ~$175/~$75

These are just my guestimates based off semi regular ebay browsing here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey NZ, so what made you finally push the button and make you sell off your collection if you don't mind me asking?
    A few things really. I hadn't been reading my books that much, in fact when I pulled out Absolute New Frontier to read after Darwyn Cookes passing it made me realise I hadn't read one of my books in several months. I was also shocked to find that my more recent purchases, now over a year old, were still in shrink wrap. I'm still reading comics, its just digitally. When I started comics or shows weren't that common and hard to get a hold of locally. Now I'm watching comic based TV shows and movies regularly and my local library has a massive collection of books(most requested by me haha). So I'm no longer getting that itch to read comics because I'm watching them all the time. Now that I'm barely browsing CBR I don't get the itch to buy them either!

There is also life stuff as well. I live in NZ, where we get a little shakey now and again, and Insurance just won't cover the books in a reasonable way. I'm also a little older and have other hobbies taking up my time.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    These are just my guestimates based off semi regular ebay browsing here in the US.
    You da real MVP!

I've also got the Bendis Daredevil OHCs and the Guardians of the Galaxy HCs by Dan Abnett/Andy Lanning I forgot to put in the original list. Anyone has prices for them I would appreciate it.

Edit: I forgot the Brubaker DD Omnibuses as well
    Last edited by NZ_InFerno; 06-18-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Where are you planning to sell them?

Prices are different across the world. Some books go for loads in America, but are cheaper in Europe, and vice-versa. In Australia/NZ, I'd imagine everything is quite rare, so might be more expensive in the re-sale market.

Why not have a check of eBay for your country, listing by 'sold items' (found through the advanced search option)?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Fun fact: The Fantastic Four issues missing from the Byrne omnibuses (because he didn't work on them), #219 & 222-231, were all written by Doug Moench & all drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Probably too much to ask for a nicely sized trade to slot into that gap there neatly considering the FF are completely dead in reprints save for the MMWs, but damn, you'd think that would be easy enough to sell based off those creator names, right? With a nice number of consecutive issues?

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Where are you planning to sell them?

Prices are different across the world. Some books go for loads in America, but are cheaper in Europe, and vice-versa. In Australia/NZ, I'd imagine everything is quite rare, so might be more expensive in the re-sale market.

Why not have a check of eBay for your country, listing by 'sold items' (found through the advanced search option)?
    We don't have eBay in NZ, we have a different auction site trademe which is basically NZ only. And yes it does inflate the prices. I actually flew to Aus(well it was a holiday as well) to get my Miller DD Omnis back in the day lol. When I want to or have sold Omnibuses previously(ToD, Punisher) I put them on ebay with worldwide shipping.

I do use the sold listings to check prices, like I said in the other thread a lot of these books are scarce and its hard to get a regular price for them. I'm no longer trawling ebay or on CBR daily for books so I'm out of the loop on what books go for.
    Last edited by NZ_InFerno; 06-18-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Well, UK prices would average the following I reckon, give or take. Shipping might put people off though, as I can't imagine it'll be cheap and the eBay shipping screws people with import fees on items that generally have no duty due:

Ultimates Omnibus by Millar/Hitch £100
    Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus £125
    Captain America Omnibus v1/Death of Cap Omnibus Brubaker £80/£180
    The Mighty Thor Omnibus Simonson - £125
    Thor by JMS Omnibus - £75
    Punisher Max OHCs Ennis £250
    Secret Warriors Omnibus Hickman - £80
    FF Omnibuses Hickman - £100/£75
    Bendis DD - £200
    GOTG - You'd be lucky to get £20 since the omni came out
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Fun fact: The Fantastic Four issues missing from the Byrne omnibuses (because he didn't work on them), #219 & 222-231, were all written by Doug Moench & all drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Probably too much to ask for a nicely sized trade to slot into that gap there neatly considering the FF are completely dead in reprints save for the MMWs, but damn, you'd think that would be easy enough to sell based off those creator names, right? With a nice number of consecutive issues?

Ah well.
    First: I had no idea the Moon Knight team did those issues. Seriously - none!

Second: This is one of those werid "Intersection of MMW and Omni and Epics and other trades" questions, just like with the remaining Uncanny X-Men gap starting with #176. I'm sure it drives the Marvel Collections Department batty. Or not. Maybe they find this all very amusing

Clearly the smart thing to do here would be exactly what you said - issue a gap-filling TPB or even OHC with those exact issues. Easy and non-repetitive. We'd all buy it. In fact, it's the perfect size for an Epic collection, and I anticipate one would hit almost exactly that issue range.

However, the material directly before that is also in line for the next FF Marvel Masterworks, which is currently up to #203. FF MMW has always been a yearly title, which means Marvel is likely to hit it again in late 2017 with Volume 19 unless we get a major change in tradition. With FF MMWs topping 12 issues for several releases running, there's a good chance Volume 19 could be #204-218, which would set up MMW Vol. 20 in 2018 to be a potential final volume that could easily take care of this issue range for you. It makes perfect sense for the MMW line to leave off at the beginning of the Byrne era, which is classic but decidedly modern.

If there's no FF MMW solicited for 2017, I think we'll get the gap fill. We'll know the answer by May of next year.

(This is the same exact situation we were in with Uncanny X-Men a week ago, and we got the UXM MMW announcement for February 2017 to answer the question of how the gap would be filled. Now we're onto the question of if the MMW line will really continue and how long we'll need to wait for an omnibus

We don't have eBay in NZ, we have a different auction site trademe which is basically NZ only. And yes it does inflate the prices. I actually flew to Aus(well it was a holiday as well) to get my Miller DD Omnis back in the day lol. When I want to or have sold Omnibuses previously(ToD, Punisher) I put them on ebay with worldwide shipping.
    It boggles my mind that you've managed to track down so many of those books within Australia and NZ, I'm sure at great personal expense. We're all so spoiled in the states with our weekly deliveries of new stuff from IST, CGN, DCBS, and Amazon.

Also, pretty crazy to think those books likely make it all the way to the US from China and then head back to you when the ship could just nip by your island and drop them off on the way.

##

PS: Over the course of this week I covered Omnibus Survey results #15-13, #12-10, #9-7, #6-5, #4-3 (with the help of our very own GrahamG!), and the "just missed" votes. I have a monster post planned for #1-2 on Monday (which shouldn't surprise you, if you remember what they were) that I've been working on all night, plus a special omnibus-sized Aftermath post for Tuesday
    Last edited by krisis; 06-18-2016 at 09:43 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Amazing Member

Thor by JMS Omnibus
    Punisher Max OHCs Ennis
    FF Omnibuses Hickman

List them on eBay i'm from Australia and am looking for the Hickman FF omnibus. Can't find Vol 1 any where.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Well, UK prices would average the following I reckon, give or take. Shipping might put people off though, as I can't imagine it'll be cheap and the eBay shipping screws people with import fees on items that generally have no duty due:
    Thanks for those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

It boggles my mind that you've managed to track down so many of those books within Australia and NZ, I'm sure at great personal expense. We're all so spoiled in the states with our weekly deliveries of new stuff from IST, CGN, DCBS, and Amazon.

Also, pretty crazy to think those books likely make it all the way to the US from China and then head back to you when the ship could just nip by your island and drop them off on the way.

##

PS: Over the course of this week I covered Omnibus Survey results #15-13, #12-10, #9-7, #6-5, #4-3 (with the help of our very own GrahamG!), and the "just missed" votes. I have a monster post planned for #1-2 on Monday (which shouldn't surprise you, if you remember what they were) that I've been working on all night, plus a special omnibus-sized Aftermath post for Tuesday
    Well I've actually found very few books in NZ, Brubaker DD Omnibus v1 and Gotham Central v1 HC were my big finds. Most stuff was bought from those same places or Bookdepository just with a higher shipping cost. It was the OOP stuff that was a pain, often times shipping was nearly as much as the books. Also NZ is a little bi further away from China than you think lol.

Also I just spent 20 minutes browsing through your guides krisis, you're still doing outstanding work.