Page 349 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2492993393453463473483493503513523533593994498491349 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Something's gone haywire on the amazon.com listing of the "new" Daredevil Omnibus. It reads:

Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1 Hardcover – February 14, 2017
    by Stan Lee (Author), & 6 more
    Book 1 of 2 in the Daredevil by Ed Brubaker Series

And the writeup is:
    Nominated for three Eisner Awards - "Best Continuing Series," "Best Writer," and "Best Penciler-Inker Team!" Longtime Daredevil fans will not be disappointed as the critically acclaimed, award-winning creative team of Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark leave their mark on one of comics' most enduring legends! For the past few years, Matt Murdock's life has been teetering on the edge of destruction. Now, pushed beyond the limit, he finds himself behind the eight ball with no clear way out, the people he calls friends slowly deserting him, and Hell's Kitchen gradually slipping out of control. The question is, when his back is against the wall, just how far will Daredevil go to get back what is his? And if you think Matt's life is going to start getting simpler after that, think again! As he tries to find a way to move forward, a threat from his past begins to creep toward daylight. And with the post-Civil War fallout all around him, he finds himself fighting a battle on both fronts of his life: in the courtroom and on the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen! Collects Daredevil #82-105.

So, what does this mean?

Either, we're getting a Silver Age Omnibus or reprints of the Brubaker DD Omnibusses or even better, we're getting both and both listings have been merged.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Something's gone haywire on the amazon.com listing of the "new" Daredevil Omnibus. It reads:

Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1 Hardcover – February 14, 2017
    by Stan Lee (Author), & 6 more
    Book 1 of 2 in the Daredevil by Ed Brubaker Series

And the writeup is:
    Nominated for three Eisner Awards - "Best Continuing Series," "Best Writer," and "Best Penciler-Inker Team!" Longtime Daredevil fans will not be disappointed as the critically acclaimed, award-winning creative team of Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark leave their mark on one of comics' most enduring legends! For the past few years, Matt Murdock's life has been teetering on the edge of destruction. Now, pushed beyond the limit, he finds himself behind the eight ball with no clear way out, the people he calls friends slowly deserting him, and Hell's Kitchen gradually slipping out of control. The question is, when his back is against the wall, just how far will Daredevil go to get back what is his? And if you think Matt's life is going to start getting simpler after that, think again! As he tries to find a way to move forward, a threat from his past begins to creep toward daylight. And with the post-Civil War fallout all around him, he finds himself fighting a battle on both fronts of his life: in the courtroom and on the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen! Collects Daredevil #82-105.

So, what does this mean?

Either, we're getting a Silver Age Omnibus or reprints of the Brubaker DD Omnibusses or even better, we're getting both and both listings have been merged.
    Just bad Amazon listings. I doubt it'll ever be corrected, even when the item is actually out.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

All-New Member

Will I be alright if I decide to wait a couple months to pick up the Uncanny x-men omnibus books?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlow View Post
    Will I be alright if I decide to wait a couple months to pick up the Uncanny x-men omnibus books?
    Probably. As this is the 4th(?) printing, I feel like you'll have a few months before it sells out.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Probably. As this is the 4th(?) printing, I feel like you'll have a few months before it sells out.
    Personally, I'd be a touch nervous about the new Vol. 3. It sold pretty heavily at first, and there's no telling how big of a print run it had. That said, it's easy enough to keep an eye on the stock and price at IST and CGN to get a sense of if it's getting scarce.

However, the Vol. 1 reprint is probably safe for a little while, since the market is relatively saturated with those, and Vol. 2 reprint doesn't hit until the fall.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

All-New Member

I will probably pick up the 3rd volme soon then

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Scouring Ebay. Just scored Fall of the Mutants OHC for 60 bucks, and the first Claremont and Lee Omni for 150. I cant believe I found them so low.

Also: 2,000th post. Woot!
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 06-20-2016 at 08:33 PM.
    Cyclops was right

Hey all, somebody has just told me this Bendis DD vol 1 omni i'm selling is super rare as DD has and 'R' printed on his nose for some reason, any truth in this?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Scouring Ebay. Just scored Fall of the Mutants OHC for 60 bucks, and the first Claremont and Lee Omni for 150. I cant believe I found them so low.
    Nice come up

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Hey all, somebody has just told me this Bendis DD vol 1 omni i'm selling is super rare as DD has and 'R' printed on his nose for some reason, any truth in this?
    Sounds like you have the first printing with the registered trademark (R) symbol mistakenly printed right on top of DD's nose. I used to have one of those!

Marvel eventually mailed out replacement DJs to correct the mistake.

So is this Amazon fish the Clone Saga Omni Vol 2 with a screwed up listing. Is it worth pre-ordering just in case, and if so, will they just outright cancel it or will we get the Omni for < $30?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    So is this Amazon fish the Clone Saga Omni Vol 2 with a screwed up listing. Is it worth pre-ordering just in case, and if so, will they just outright cancel it or will we get the Omni for < $30?
    Hmm. I thought maybe it was a reprint of that one Complete Collection, but you're right - it makes WAY MORE SENSE if it's a stealth omni listing. I've gone ahead and pre-ordered in case you turn out to be right. Great catch!

BUT... it has the same authors as the original "Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Book 2" which has gotten pricey, so it could be legit!
    Last edited by krisis; 06-20-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    It says Epic Collection now
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Hmm. I thought maybe it was a reprint of that one Complete Collection, but you're right - it makes WAY MORE SENSE if it's a stealth omni listing. I've gone ahead and pre-ordered in case you turn out to be right. Great catch!

BUT... it has the same authors as the original "Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Book 2" which has gotten pricey, so it could be legit!
    Originally sourced from The Omnibus Collector.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

I can't see them releasing the TPB with an Omni due to cover the same material? Is there overlap?