Page 354 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2543043443503513523533543553563573583644044548541354 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    When clearing my PM inbox, I saw my votes on that omnibus page. I laughed because of how few books I voted for made it onto the list. I assume because my tastes are weird lol.

Books I voted for that didn't make the cut:

1- New X-Men by DeFilippis and Weir (New Mutants 1-13; New X-Men 1-19; New X-Men Academy X Yearbook)
    3- Excalibur by Warren Ellis (contents of Excalibur Visionaries: Warren Ellis Volumes 1-3)
    5- Ms. Marvel (original series; essentially the contents of the MMWs or of Essential Ms. Marvel)
    7- X-23 by Marjorie Liu (X-23 Vol 3 1-21 and relevant crossover issues)
    8- Cable (essentially the contents of Cable Classic Volumes 1-3)
    9- Nightcrawler (both miniseries and both maxiseries; about 32 issues)

Did anyone else have anything they voted for that didn't make the cut? I'm curious to see how wide-ranging our tastes are.
    I kept forgetting to vote for various reasons, but I would have voted for Earth X(by that I, of course, mean universe X), Peter David's Captain Marvel, and probably Nextwave.

I think Superior Spider-man will eventually be Omni'd, the real question is will other parts of Slott's run also get Omni'd befor it?

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Wow, dude. Above & beyond. This is incredible stuff.

Books that would be must-buys, and I'd love to see, for me from this list:
    - Black Panther
    - Mutant X
    - Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme
    - Uncanny by Fraction and Bru

Probably pile:
    - Thor by Jurgens
    - Uncanny by Gillen
    Crazy good blog post. And to Ari: Your av made me LOL

Amazing Member

People from the States who are looking for IDW Limited books like the Sal Buscema/Herb Trimpe/ George Perez Artist Select Series etc.
    IDW has a big sale on their website till Monday for books they have in stock.
    Go to:
    http://idwlimited.com/shop

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Did anyone buy (and read) the Werewolf By Night omnibus? I thought the writing in the two issues that introduce Moon Knight was simply dire and I was wondering if that was typical for the series, because if so, I don't see any appeal. Short on plot logic, over the top purple dialogue, and the main character was a completely uninteresting massive tool who probably couldn't cut his way out of a paper bag with a chainsaw. Moench is much better in everything else I've ever read from him, so either this was really early in his career or this werewolf book wasn't a good match for him (though that still doesn't excuse the awful dialogue). Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Did anyone buy (and read) the Werewolf By Night omnibus? I thought the writing in the two issues that introduce Moon Knight was simply dire and I was wondering if that was typical for the series, because if so, I don't see any appeal. Short on plot logic, over the top purple dialogue, and the main character was a completely uninteresting massive tool who probably couldn't cut his way out of a paper bag with a chainsaw. Moench is much better in everything else I've ever read from him, so either this was really early in his career or this werewolf book wasn't a good match for him (though that still doesn't excuse the awful dialogue). Curious.
    bought it but haven't read it yet. I had fun with the 2 MK issues though, each to his own.
    I've found the Defenders issues in the MK epic much, much more worse.

Incredible Member

I'm still secretly hoping Marvel releases an Exiles Omnibus. Would probably have to be split into 2 volumes though.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Oh, they were. For sure.

Thankfully it got good when the Hulk magazine backups started.

Did anyone else have anything they voted for that didn't make the cut? I'm curious to see how wide-ranging our tastes are.
    didn't make the cut:

X-Men by Alan Davis Omnibus vol.1 (X-Men #85-94,X-Men ’99 Annual, X-Men: Magneto War #1, Uncanny X-Men #366-374,Wolverine #140-144, Hulk #7-8, Cable #71, Gambit #8-9, Astonishing X-Men #1-3)
    X-Men by Alan Davis Omnibus vol.2 aka Apocalypse: The Twelve Omnibus (Uncanny X-Men #375-380+Annual 1999, Cable #72-78, X-Men #95-99, X-Men Unlimited #25-26, Wolverine #145-149, X-Man #59-60, X-Force #101, X-Men: The Search for Cyclops #1-4)
    X-Men: Legacy by Mike Carey Omnibus (X-Men: Legacy Vol. 1 #208–244 + 248-260+X-Men: The Unlikely Saga of Xavier, Magneto and Stan one-shot and X-Men: Odd One Out one-shot + X-Men Original Sin one-shot and Wolverine: Origins #28–30 + Annual )
    Cable Omnibus by Ladronn (Cable by Ladronn #48-70 )

so the Clone Saga 'deal' on Amazon is confirmed to be for the TPB 1 reprint right? I can cancel without fear?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    so the Clone Saga 'deal' on Amazon is confirmed to be for the TPB 1 reprint right? I can cancel without fear?
    Yes, you can be the Matt Murdock of cancelling.

I'm thinking of picking up the NYX Complete Collection. Any thoughts on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    bought it but haven't read it yet. I had fun with the 2 MK issues though, each to his own.
    Yeah, the Defenders stuff was bad. It's just poor dialogue, bad storytelling and overall boring.
    I don't know, for the most part, I just don't like a lot of Bronze Age stuff. It's like there are some great ideas that just get executed poorly.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Three of my top 10 didn't make the Final 59 (or so):

3. Daredevil by Denny O’Neill, Klaus Janson, David Mazzucchelli & Others (DD #192-218, #220-225, Marvel Fanfare #27, MTU #140-141)
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (#251-285, Annuals)
    8. Captain America (Silver Age) Vol. 3 (#149-192, Annuals)

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Three of my top 10 didn't make the Final 59 (or so):

3. Daredevil by Denny O’Neill, Klaus Janson, David Mazzucchelli & Others (DD #192-218, #220-225, Marvel Fanfare #27, MTU #140-141)
    4. Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (#251-285, Annuals)

8. Captain America (Silver Age) Vol. 3 (#149-192, Annuals)

I've been yelling for these two for years!

In fact, they were on my Top 10 list as well as:

Daredevil by Denny O'Neil (essentially collects everything between the two Miller runs)
    Amazing Spider-Man (Post Stern up to McFarlane omnibus)

I like that you added some of the other stuff to the O'Neil book.