Page 360 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2603103503563573583593603613623633643704104608601360 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 20773

Am I right in thinking that Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2 Omnibus is getting a reprint? I'm sure I saw it in solicitations a while back and it was due out for this summer. Am I going mad? Was I dreaming?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Am I right in thinking that Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2 Omnibus is getting a reprint? I'm sure I saw it in solicitations a while back and it was due out for this summer. Am I going mad? Was I dreaming?
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Imagine the ToD after credit tease for GotG v2.

"Wonder what else The Collector has lying around."
    Dracula appears
    Dracula: "You fools! You dared track me to my lair... And here you'll die!"
    Howard: "Says it all the time. Mostly harmless. You got a light for this stogie?"
    Ha ha, good one.

Yes!

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlow View Post
    what marvel omnibus do you guys want reprinted the most?

mine would be

immortal iron fist by Fraction
    Thor by Walter Simonson Omnibus
    Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender Omnibus
    Man, where to start? I started collecting between 2-3 years ago. At that time, half the books I wanted to buy were already OOP. Thankfully, Marvel have started upping their reprints so I'm quite optimistic.

Hoping for Ennis' Punisher, Bendis' Daredevil, Bru's Daredevil and Astonishing X-Men. Amongst a few less likely ones.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Attachment 37392
    What is this ****?
    "Save for it." -- I'm sorry. These are just books. Not everyone wants to pay $400+ on a volume of The X-Men cause they missed out. What do you suppose people getting into comics today do? Spend hundreds of dollars on exploring a title in physical format because of when they got into reading them? Let Marvel hike the price of these omnibus up to the price they resell for and lets see if your opinion changes. This was the corniest thing I've read in a while on here.
    Legion has the idea that the rarer the books are, the more expensive his collection is, ehcih is apparently all that matters. Which is a pretty strange opinion to bring to a sore full of people who missed out on older books, and aren't willing to pay the insane prices he thinks things should be.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Legion has the idea that the rarer the books are, the more expensive his collection is, ehcih is apparently all that matters. Which is a pretty strange opinion to bring to a sore full of people who missed out on older books, and aren't willing to pay the insane prices he thinks things should be.
    Yeah I do not get that attitude at all, I want everything to be in print basically, anyone who wants to read it should be able to at a reasonable price.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlow View Post
    what marvel omnibus do you guys want reprinted the most?
    I'm cheating here because it's not technically an Omnibus but Inferno is the one X-Men crossover I missed out on. My shelf looks pretty stupid with an Inferno: Prologue and Inferno: Crossovers omnibuses without the proper inclusion.

I took a count and it seems like the top 3 most voted on are:

-Simonson Thor
    -Immortal Iron Fist
    -Bendis/Brubaker Daredevil

Silver Surfer
    Bru's Cap
    Bendis and Bru Daredevil vol1
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by ignition View Post
    I'm cheating here because it's not technically an Omnibus but Inferno is the one X-Men crossover I missed out on. My shelf looks pretty stupid with an Inferno: Prologue and Inferno: Crossovers omnibuses without the proper inclusion.
    While we're naming non-omnis, I've always been surprised they never went back to print on the Planet Hulk OHC after it sold out since they continued the OHC format for several additional Hulk events. I wouldn't be shocked if they finally reprinted it in oversize format for his appearance in the Thor movie.

PS: In the past two days I've finished a pair of long-awaited guide (well, one of them, anyway), and I'm wrapping a third right now. Lots of interesting things to talk about for July
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Reprint wise I'd love X-men volume 1 and Captain Britain omni wise, and Punisher MAX 4 and Best of Spiderman volume 2 which is impossible to get here for some reason!

This is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I'd like to see Infinity Gauntlet reprinted and the Michelinie Iron-Man. I pretty much have all the other books I want.
    The Michelinie Iron-Man is still decently priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I do.

Spend hundreds of dollars (actually pounds £) on books that I like the look of but, at this rate, I am probably never going to read...

I am aware though that I have a serious problem.
    Do you spend hundreds of dollars on A book or book(s)?? If it plural then we all have that problem here.

Yeah, thats wack. Having that mindset is Ultimately stupid. Marvel is a money machine and to them these are just books lol They'll reprint and reprint. Anyone thinking like that is just being salty. He's not collecting original issues, he's collecting collections lol. he's collecting reprints basically. Whats the purpose of them being remastered and reprinted? Right. Need to know what you're collecting imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah I do not get that attitude at all, I want everything to be in print basically, anyone who wants to read it should be able to at a reasonable price.
    Agreed.
    His argument will be. "Go digital" lol
    They're just books, books that are collections. Collections of material Marvel knows people will want to see. So they will forever be reprinted in Omnibus format or a format that the same as the Omnibus line but with a different name. Large collected editions will continue to come and anyone thinking a first print of a COLLECTED edition will be the end all be all is playing themselves. Collections will continue to be collected. Simply understanding the whole purpose of the line confirms that.

Little surprised that the Bendis DD and Astonishing X-Men are high on the omnibus reprint request list. You can still get both runs relatively cheap (or cheaper) in OHC.

In fact, I sold my two DD books and AXM to get these and then used the additional coin (which was quite substantial) to buy more books. Plus, the OHCs are way superior to those omnibus editions.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

That is not what I have said at all.

I view the books as collectables. The digital age allows anyone to read anything at any time. If you want to buy a collectable, you save and buy that collectable.

You want a rare pokemon card, you save for it or hunt for it. You want a rare piece of furniture, you save for it or hunt for it. You want a rare car, you save for it or hunt for it.

To me, these are the same thing. You want something, you save or you hunt. That's part of the thrill of collecting!

You just want to read, what does it matter the format, there is digital, trade and floppy alternatives.

For what it is worth, I am in the UK, where these books are generally more expensive off the bat. We have no 50% off internet shops for launch week. The most I have spent on a book is £145, which is about $200 at the moment, and I've only done that twice. Other books, I have stalked eBay, woken up at odd times to try and win things, nipped to the toilet at work so I could place a crafty snipe or just got lucky in second hand book shops etc. That's part of, for me, what makes this hobby fun. Having to hunt down things and snipe for bargains and all the rest of it.

If I could just walk in to shop and get anything at any time, that'd just be boring. To me.

I know I am in the minority, but it isn't about the value of the collection, but more the hunt and harpooning of a rare whale book for a good price. The hunt can be just as much fun as actually reading the books too! To me.

Just wanted to explain my thought process seen as those that disagree dont want to just disagree and move on, but rather lambaste and act condescending because of that disagreement. You may disagree, and that's fine, but dont be a dick about it just because you get your enjoyment from this hobby in a different way.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 06-28-2016 at 11:23 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That is not what I have said at all.

I view the books as collectables. The digital age allows anyone to read anything at any time. If you want to buy a collectable, you save and buy that collectable.

You want a rare pokemon card, you save for it or hunt for it. You want a rare piece of furniture, you save for it or hunt for it. You want a rare car, you save for it or hunt for it.

To me, these are the same thing. You want something, you save or you hunt. That's part of the thrill of collecting!

You just want to read, what does it matter the format, there is digital, trade and floppy alternatives.
    I totally understand what you're saying. I do.
    But YOU view them as collectibles. To Marvel and a lot of people they are just books and the only collecting going on is the material underneath the Hardcover.
    Unlike Pokemon cards, Rare cars, etc....These arent originals. The sole purpose of these books are for people to be able to read them. You just decide to collect them. The point of the line plus the fact that its reprints of the OG material alone supports that. Again, you have to know what you're collecting.

I dont think format plays any significant role in the discussion. The omnibus line does exactly what Trades do. Collect old material. Do you collect trades? MMWs?? If so do you not want those to be reprinted either? I think its more that you dont want Omnibus' to be reprinted because its what you decided to collect. The value you placed on the books wee not their intent. Its like collecting McDonalds hamburgers. They'll keep coming and everyone will have access to them because thats what they were made to for. Omibus' were made for people to have access to them. Whether you want to collect it is up to you. Imo theres ultimately no true value in an omnibus but rather a omnibus collection.