Page 366 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2663163563623633643653663673683693703764164668661366 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I've actually gave away loads to friends which I don't mind but there are some books none of my pals would like so I don't know what to do with them. Don't want to dump them in a charity shop because all of them together worth a sum I would go to the post office for but probably couldn't sell them in a lot.
    I have no idea what to do with them.
    Check with your local library. Books I no longer want (or ones I find cheap enough to buy two copies) I give to them. They really appreciate it and they get a lot of use! Someone has to help get the next generation going.

yeah that might would work. Maybe I will check the university library since Dundee uni even has a comicbook course.

I do that with some stuff but I don't know anyone who would enjoy Son of the gun or Beautiful darkness.
    Yeah I just throw a bunch of books in a box and hand them over, so I am sure I have given them some items they would not enjoy.

All-New Member

I do that with some stuff but I don't know anyone who would enjoy Son of the gun or Beautiful darkness.
    Tangent: While I wouldn't use the word "enjoy", I think Beautiful Darkness is incredible. Shocking and horrifying and cruel, but great.

Quote Originally Posted by dbngaa View Post
    Tangent: While I wouldn't use the word "enjoy", I think Beautiful Darkness is incredible. Shocking and horrifying and cruel, but great.
    definitely. It just traumatised me too much and I never want to look at it again (got it because I really liked Beauty but the two books are VERY different).

definitely. It just traumatised me too much and I never want to look at it again (got it because I really liked Beauty but the two books are VERY different).
    My library segments children's, teens and adult comics. They take their comic shelves very seriously.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Maybe take your old books to your LCS and see about recieving store credit? Even if it's not much it's still something?

Also, my life is empty, cold and meaningless too

Hello all, new member here. Been getting back into comics after a 20-year hiatus after discovering omnibus and collected editions. Pretty much catching up on stuff I loved from my youth before venturing into modern fare.

Wondering if my next purchase should be either the Miller DD omni or the Star Wars Marvel years omni vol1? Pretty much based on chances of one going out of print earlier, but also quality even though I've read issues from both in the past. Thanks.

Millers Daredevil is waaay above and beyond Marvels old SW.

Found an advanced re-orders list on bleeding cool via another thread. Couldn't help but notice:

> DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 CARDY DM VAR ED

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Hello all, new member here. Been getting back into comics after a 20-year hiatus after discovering omnibus and collected editions. Pretty much catching up on stuff I loved from my youth before venturing into modern fare.

Wondering if my next purchase should be either the Miller DD omni or the Star Wars Marvel years omni vol1? Pretty much based on chances of one going out of print earlier, but also quality even though I've read issues from both in the past. Thanks.
    Welcome to the thread Dr Hank. And welcome back to comics - I did the same 4 or so years ago after a 25 year hiatus

I would recommend both the DD Miller Janson and DD Miller Companion Omnis before they go OOP again. They are both among my favourite Omnis not only because DD is my favourite character but above all due to the quality art and writing.

I also have all the SW Marvel Years Omnis but haven't read them and can't remember the stories from reading what little I did as a kid, but from what I know they are not ranked very highly quality wise.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Definitely the two Daredevils. Fantastic stuff.
    Cyclops was right

I don't even like the original Miller DD run but I say get that. And the companion!

The Star Wars Omnibus will go OOP sooner imo. The DD books just got reprinted.
    I'd get the DD stuff though based off what I know. I have the SW books but have not read them yet.
    Last edited by World1; 07-01-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Thanks for the welcomes and the replies, everyone! Good to hear others' stories as well and nice to know I'm not the only one who took a looong break from comics. By the mid-90s I got burned out trying to keep up with all the crossovers and new titles and speculation inflation. It's nice to see all these collected editions out now so I can read all the stuff I used to love as well as the issues I missed.

So far I have Uncanny X-Men 1 omni, Absolute Watchmen (my favorite book), and the Complete Frank Miller Batman hardcover. These are all really nice books, just wish I had more money to dive in faster but I have to space out my purchases.

I think I'll get the Miller DD omni next. I definitely want the SW on is for nostalgia sake and to read all the issues I didn't get to then, but I know the material is lesser. I do like the art in those though, definitely a product of their time.

On my "to buy" list for this year:
    Uncanny X-Men 2 and 3 omnis
    Star Wars 1-3 omnis
    Miller DD and Companion omnis
    Saga of Swamp Thing 1-6
    couple Absolute Batmans