Page 367 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2673173573633643653663673683693703713774174678671367 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 20773
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Definitely the two Daredevils. Fantastic stuff.
    Second this. Even though I'm a HUGE DD fan, I would still recommend this.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

My advice to anyone thinking about spending money on the Marvel Star Wars omnibus books is to go out and get it in tpb first.

Here's a Dark Horse collection for $17.75 that collects the first 20 issues.

http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=10949481

I say this only because these stories are not for everyone. They range from the truly bizarre to absolutely stupid to actually pretty darn entertaining!

I think you get a little bit of taste for what you're in for if you read the first 20 issues (although I do believe they pick up once you get past the Empire Strikes Back story line).

I think anyone who wants to plop down the coin on three omnibus books should get a taste of the product first and then decide if you want the whole thing.

Again, you might love them. But they are different.

Anyway, my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This right here.
    I'm the same way. In fact, I'll sell books I swore I never would.
    Example, I looked everywhere to get an "absolute" copy of the Neal Adams Deadman slipcase ediction for a decent price. Finally found one, so I swore I'd never sell it and even promised myself I'd re-read it, but I doubt I will. Great art, but silly writing.
    So, it's going.
    I also readjust for OHCs. When I could get a steal on the Bendis DD vol. 1-6 and Astonishing X-Men vol. 1-2, I sold those three omnibus books, grabbed the OHCs and had a ton of coin left over.
    I'm a big OHC proponent as well. I love Simonsons' Thor, and if it were in OHC I would reread most of it but I'll probably never touch the omnibus again.

It's also a book I thought I would never sell but I think I'm just about ready to. Same thing happened with my X-men collection. X-Men vol 1 and Inferno were books I thought I would have forever. I sold them both off about a year or so back.

Spectacular Member

One of my biggest pissers with the death of the Essential line is that a lot of books that I wanted in a book format will never see light of day in an Epic line. I love the epic line--color beats B&W every day of the week. But they are never going to start Peter Parker or Web of Spider-man.

As far as Masterworks, it is a best twelve issues a year and they haven't scheduled a new Marvel Team Up or started a Peter Parker. (I know could you ever call the first twelve issues of Peter Parker a masterwork....probably not).

All these secondary titles are never going to be collected. Frustrating.
    trying to be nicer

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

YES! Marvel Masterworks Daredevil Vol. 11 HC has been solicited for March 2017 on Amazon.com.

The inevitable has happened: Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1

Aaaargghh! Just when I purchased Vol. 4-5 of the OHCs. Pretty pricey at $100 with only 728 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Aaaargghh! Just when I purchased Vol. 4-5 of the OHCs. Pretty pricey at $100 with only 728 pages.
    Why complain. The OHCs are better and cheaper. And there's no guarantee you get a vol. 2 omnibus.

Why complain. The OHCs are better and cheaper. And there's no guarantee you get a vol. 2 omnibus.
    I have to agree. I absolutely understand the appeal of the omnibuses, I bought loads of them but have no desire upgrading any of my ohc-s. The build and quality is exactly the same but the thinner books will hold up better with time. 728 pages is not a lot though but a 250-300pg ohc is easier to handle and keep intact.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Excalibur Epic Collection: The Sword is Drawn

New Mutants Epic Collection: Renewal

Working on summarizing the new solicits on my blog right now!
    Last edited by krisis; 07-04-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I have to agree. I absolutely understand the appeal of the omnibuses, I bought loads of them but have no desire upgrading any of my ohc-s. The build and quality is exactly the same but the thinner books will hold up better with time. 728 pages is not a lot though but a 250-300pg ohc is easier to handle and keep intact.
    Now this may be difficult to relate to but I have a soft spot for Omnis I like the OHCs but the Omnibus label on the spine is just too tempting.

Seriously though, why give us the Waid Omnis so close to the OHCs when they could have reprinted the Bendis ones? And yeah, I hear what you're saying, I may just pass on the Omnis....something to chew on.

What is the build quality like on the OHC's?

Now this may be difficult to relate to but I have a soft spot for Omnis I like the OHCs but the Omnibus label on the spine is just too tempting.

Seriously though, why give us the Waid Omnis so close to the OHCs when they could have reprinted the Bendis ones? And yeah, I hear what you're saying, I may just pass on the Omnis....something to chew on.
    Ha ha, I get it.

regarding the closeness, I think that finally a pattern has started to emerge with Marvel. Hawkeye, Guardians of the Galaxy (Bendis) and now Daredevil have all been announced or published so quickly after the OHCs. Is Thor next?

I am somewhat surprised that we didn't get a Superior Spider-Man but maybe that's coming.

Spectacular Member

Ha ha, I get it.

regarding the closeness, I think that finally a pattern has started to emerge with Marvel. Hawkeye, Guardians of the Galaxy (Bendis) and now Daredevil have all been announced or published so quickly after the OHCs. Is Thor next?

I am somewhat surprised that we didn't get a Superior Spider-Man but maybe that's coming.
    I'm guessing they'll wait until the writers are done with their runs on the characters. I'm surprised they did the Guardians one for Bendis already.