Page 374 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2743243643703713723733743753763773783844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 20773
    Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Any pics of the John Byrne Avengers Omnibus? Nothing posted over at the MMW boards yet. Just curious as I'm more than likely picking it up since I was a huge fan of the two West Coast Avengers Omnibuses (there are dozens of us!).
    image.jpg

Here's a partial picture of it. This is a pic from my LCS Atomic City Comics in Philadelphia!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

FYI, the Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 shifted 2,232 units in June!!!

Now, that's pretty impressive.

When I get a free moment tomorrow, I'll put the June list together.

And Canucked, I'll also prepare an updated Top 10 All-time list for you to insert on the 1st page

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The MMW board announced the contents of Uncanny X-Men MMW Vol. 10: Uncanny X-Men #176-188, Magik #1-4 & Marvel Fanfare #40

Yes, that means it's going to run right up to The Gift Epic collection, leaving us with JUST ONE Claremont color reprint gap

The only lingering question is the lack of Wolverine & Kitty Pryde in both this AND the Epic volume, as it wraps up pretty much as this volume ends and that one begins. I suppose it could be in the NEXT MMW but the PRIOR Epic?
    Great news! I will also now have Magik #1-4 collected in 3 different books

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    FYI, the Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 shifted 2,232 units in June!!!

And Canucked, I'll also prepare an updated Top 10 All-time list for you to insert on the 1st page
    Excellent news, hopefully the 2nd volume does well and they commit to all four. If they all sell well with release dates close together hopefully marvel will realize its a good thing to do multiple volumes in a year.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Marvel has already committed to doing all 4 volumes, that's how they announced the MoKF Omnis. It selling as well as it has should only cement the decision of announcing multi-volume sets in advance. If people can count on you to do what you say, they will buy. Still, the asterisk could be that there is a legal reprint window they have so would multi-volume announcements be met by the buying public with the same upfront approach where legality wasn't a factor?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

It's selling well because of speculators knowing that book will never ever get a reprint, joining the fact it hadn't been reprinted before
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    It's selling well because of speculators knowing that book will never ever get a reprint, joining the fact it hadn't been reprinted before
    So you think that half the guys reading this are buying two or more extra copies?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

I'm about to shift one out of my collection myself!

It's like my four year old says often at dinner, when we give him vegetables: "I tried it but I didn't like it".

The MMW board announced the contents of Uncanny X-Men MMW Vol. 10: Uncanny X-Men #176-188, Magik #1-4 & Marvel Fanfare #40

Yes, that means it's going to run right up to The Gift Epic collection, leaving us with JUST ONE Claremont color reprint gap

The only lingering question is the lack of Wolverine & Kitty Pryde in both this AND the Epic volume, as it wraps up pretty much as this volume ends and that one begins. I suppose it could be in the NEXT MMW but the PRIOR Epic?
    Interesting. I'd wager on the pre-Gift Epic collection, but let's see.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    So you think that half the guys reading this are buying two or more extra copies?
    I know of a few people who have, and I can guarantee there will be many others. I think it was likely also bumped by people who would usually wait a month or two buying release day because they also know this will never come again.

Get it now, or expect big bucks on eBay in a year.

In other news, the Realm of Kings omni contents has appeared:
    REALM OF KINGS 1; REALM OF KINGS: INHUMANS 1-5; REALM OF KINGS: IMPERIAL GUARD 1-5; REALM OF KINGS: SON OF HULK 1-4; NOVA (2007) 29-36; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 20-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE 1-6, IGNITION, DEVASTATION; ANNIHILATORS 1-4; ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL 1-4; THANOS SOURCEBOOK; MATERIAL FROM I AM AN AVENGER 3

Quite annoyed by the inclusion of half of the GotG omnibus that literally just came out. Cash grab tactics from Marvel once again.

It's been quite a while, double dipping wise, since they've been this bad for it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

I know of a few people who have, and I can guarantee there will be many others. I think it was likely also bumped by people who would usually wait a month or two buying release day because they also know this will never come again.

REALM OF KINGS 1; REALM OF KINGS: INHUMANS 1-5; REALM OF KINGS: IMPERIAL GUARD 1-5; REALM OF KINGS: SON OF HULK 1-4; NOVA (2007) 29-36; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 20-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE 1-6, IGNITION, DEVASTATION; ANNIHILATORS 1-4; ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL 1-4; THANOS SOURCEBOOK; MATERIAL FROM I AM AN AVENGER 3

Quite annoyed by the inclusion of half of the GotG omnibus that literally just came out. Cash grab tactics from Marvel once again.

It's been quite a while, double dipping wise, since they've been this bad for it.
    Damnit. I'm going to have to buy that. Time to try to unload those pricey final Nova TPBs as swiftly as possible.

On the plus side, my contents guess was right on except for thinking they might throw in the other Son of Hulk book just for fun.

We're due for a Hachette this week, yes?

HOLD THE PHONE - other incoming solicits also have contents. Here's the Excalibur Epic:
    COLLECTING: VOL. 1: CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) 1-2; EXCALIBUR (1988) 1-11, SPECIAL EDITION, MOJO MAYHEM; MATERIAL FROM MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL 7, 14-15; MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 31-38

Yep, confirmed: All current fish have contents listed. I'll update guide pages over the course of the next two nights to match. Nothing is terribly surprising based on our early guesses.
    Last edited by krisis; 07-11-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

How do you read this one and the guardians omnibus? Read the first 19 issues in the guardians and then jump into this one?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    How do you read this one and the guardians omnibus? Read the first 19 issues in the guardians and then jump into this one?
    No even worse 1-12 then War of Kings omni then realm. At this point the only purpose of the GotG omni was 1-12 and the Annihilators back up stories in ohc.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    No even worse 1-12 then War of Kings omni then realm. At this point the only purpose of the GotG omni was 1-12 and the Annihilators back up stories in ohc.
    BAH!! I wish i'd never bought the GoG omni !!
    I'd rather have a gazilion times the Road to war of Kings Omni to complete this!

Spectacular Member

Damnit. I'm going to have to buy that. Time to try to unload those pricey final Nova TPBs as swiftly as possible.

On the plus side, my contents guess was right on except for thinking they might throw in the other Son of Hulk book just for fun.

We're due for a Hachette this week, yes?

HOLD THE PHONE - other incoming solicits also have contents. Here's the Excalibur Epic:
    COLLECTING: VOL. 1: CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) 1-2; EXCALIBUR (1988) 1-11, SPECIAL EDITION, MOJO MAYHEM; MATERIAL FROM MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL 7, 14-15; MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 31-38

Yep, confirmed: All current fish have contents listed. I'll update guide pages over the course of the next two nights to match. Nothing is terribly surprising based on our early guesses.
    Looks like Darth Vader OHC Vol. 2 has been updated also, it will go through 25 now. I'd think the Hachette should be out anytime, it looks like it was up at the end of July last year. I wonder if Amazon will have the whole thing up before the catalog is out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    BAH!! I wish i'd never bought the GoG omni !!
    I'd rather have a gazilion times the Road to war of Kings Omni to complete this!
    Same here. Will have triple dipped on Thanos Imperative with RoK and double on annihilators. If I had the OHC this would be an easy pass as it only adds Earthfall, but I will wind up getting it because I still doubt the OHC will drop terribly far below the cost of this release week discount.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?