Page 378 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2783283683743753763773783793803813823884284788781378 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Contents from some of the other Amazon fish we found:

Guardians of the Galaxy Classic by Jim Valentino Omnibus
    COLLECTING: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (1990) 1-29, ANNUAL 1-2; MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) 18; MATERIAL FROM FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL 24, THOR ANNUAL 16, SILVER SURFER ANNUAL 4

Alpha Flight by John Byrne Omnibus
    COLLECTING: X-MEN (1963) 109, 120-121, 139-140; INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL 8; MACHINE MAN (1978) 18; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) 83-84; INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) 272, 313; ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) 1-29; X-MEN AND ALPHA FLIGHT (1985) 1-2; X-MEN/ALPHA FLIGHT (1998) 1-2; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL 7

Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1
    COLLECTING: DAREDEVIL (1964) 1-41, ANNUAL (1967) 1; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 73; MATERIAL FROM NOT BRAND ECHH (1967) 4

Wolverine Epic Collection: Shadow of Apocalypse
    COLLECTING: VOLUME 12: WOLVERINE (1988) 133-149, HULK (1999) 8, WOLVERINE/CABLE

Daredevil Epic Collection: Brother, Take My Hand
    COLLECTING: VOL. 3; DAREDEVIL (1964) 42-63

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1
    COLLECTING: DAREDEVIL (1964) 1-41, ANNUAL (1967) 1; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 73; MATERIAL FROM NOT BRAND ECHH (1967) 4

Shockingly thoughtful by the Collection Editions Department.

COLLECTING: X-MEN (1963) 109, 120-121, 139-140; INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL 8; MACHINE MAN (1978) 18; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) 83-84; INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) 272, 313; ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) 1-29; X-MEN AND ALPHA FLIGHT (1985) 1-2; X-MEN/ALPHA FLIGHT (1998) 1-2; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL 7

Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1

Wolverine Epic Collection: Shadow of Apocalypse
    COLLECTING: VOLUME 12: WOLVERINE (1988) 133-149, HULK (1999) 8, WOLVERINE/CABLE

Um...YES PLEASE!!!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Guardians of the Galaxy Classic by Jim Valentino Omnibus
    COLLECTING: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (1990) 1-29, ANNUAL 1-2; MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) 18; MATERIAL FROM FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL 24, THOR ANNUAL 16, SILVER SURFER ANNUAL 4

Daredevil Omnibus Vol. 1
    That's 3 for me
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

I also read Astonishing Ant-man. Really hilarious. I defy anyone to read the issue where Hank Pym tells Scott why he let him be the next Ant-man and not be thoroughly entertained. I know some people don't like Nick Spencer (I'm not reading Captain America so he's not mucking up anything I care about) but I really like everything of his I've read so far (Morning Glories, Bedlam, Forgetless). Under his pen Scott Lang is a terrible hero who despite the best intentions can't do anything right or get any respect, but keeps at it anyway. He also makes a lot of jokes at the expense of Scott's ridiculously convoluted history (because comics) and all around I think it's great so far.

Read Vision. Mentioned that already. READ VISION.

What ANAD trades have you guys read so far, and what do you recommend?
    I've love Spencer's Ant-Man as well. Sadly I think it's ending with the new new Marvel Now Again relaunch. Since you didn't list it, you need to stop what you're doing and immediately order the Superior Foes of Spider-Man omnibus. Seriously. If you like funny Nick Spencer you can thank me now or later. Also be sure to check out his and Steve Lieber's new Image book The Fix when the trade comes out.
    Other ANAD books to check out, but don't have a trade yet, is the Waid/Samnee Black Widow and Power Man and Iron Fist. Both have been great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    That's 3 for me
    Same three for me as well.

Regarding the newish Marvel titles these days, I second the notion that Astonishing Ant-Man rules.
    I also REALLY love the Vision book. It's 100% opposite of Ant-Man, it's very intense, but it's still an excellent read.

Most of the team books are a mess to me. I guess I'm an old purist, but when Deadpool and SquirrelGirl are Avengers, just count me out. Everyone blew a gasket back in the day when Bendis put Wolverine on the Avengers, but now it's like anything goes.
    I like and respect Waid as a writer, but I just am not feeling it. I think, for me, the Standoff event kinda killed things, as it crossed over into way too many books. The main idea was kinda neat, but making Maria Hill out as the ultimate bad guy again; I know she's not the most shiny of characters, sometimes operating in the gray areas, but I thought Fraction made her totally redeemable/redeemed on his Iron Man run, and ever since everyone's just trashed her again. Bleah. I have yet to try the Ultimates, but this version I bet I would like, as I really like Ewing as a writer and like a lot of the team's characters.

I REALLY like Old Man Logan. The writing, the art, it's just great. At first I was hesitant as it's just another "let's shoehorn dead character in here via some new method" ala the O5 via time travel and all that. BUT, regardless how he got into the 616 (or whatever we're to call it) this Logan is awesome. Go to your local library and give it a shot, I would bet you'll like it.

I was/am also very surprised how much I've liked Bendis' Iron Man books. Now apparently things are all changing up post Civil War II, but ignoring all of that, so far it's been great. And I really think it's funny how the introduction of Mary Jane, it's like Bendis purposefully did it to get specific Spidey fans into a frenzy. Remember back when the solicts hit, and everyone was all frothing about how Tony was gonna hook up with MJ, etc...? Well it's not like that, MJ's had some great moments, and the fact that at her core she doesn't really want to be around Tony/take the job, etc... is pretty great. And International Iron Man, which is filled with nonstop back stories about teenaged Tony (no, not the Teen Tony from The Crossing, LOL) is very well done.

I like the Spider-Woman series, too. I think I am trending to more of the less serious fare these days more and more...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Same three for me as well.
    And me, same three wants
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Agamatto-eyed readers may have spotted it already, but today I'm happy to officially share with you The Definitive Doctor Strange Collecting Guide and Reading Order!

This one has been in-progress for a really long time, and I finally got up the momentum to untangle all of the good Doctor's Defenders appearances into something coherent at the end of June. (Hey, it still wasn't as hard as Ghost Rider or Punisher, which will go down as my most frustrating pair of all time.)

As always, I want to do more than just wave my hands and say "visit my page," so let's take a look at the state of collecting Doctor Strange right now. Here's a summary of the stats for comics where he is in the starring role (not counting Defenders):

Total: 302 issues
    Collected: 214 (70.86%)
    In Color: 197 (65.23%)
    Oversized: 48 (15.89%)
    (See stats in more detail.)

His entire endeavor in Strange Tales (plus his own ongoing off-shoot of that) has been covered in Essentials and Masterworks, with the first half due in omnibus this fall. However, the early bits are not easy to obtain - the second volume has long been one of the most-difficult MMWs to find, and the third one is getting worse by the week.

A big initial chunk of his second solo series (and all of the Marvel Premiere run that bridges into it) is contained in Essentials and (slightly less so in) Masterworks. We're just waiting for #38-56 and #63-67 in color, then the tail end is in a few TPBs. Given that this is mostly highly-regarded Roger Stern material, I'm sure we'll see it - perhaps in a pincher attach between the next two MMWs and a small gap-filling TPB or Epic to get us to #68 in The Dark Dimension PHC.

It's Strange's largely-uncollected 1990s series creating the majority of that 35% gap in color collections - aside from the run of #31-36 in the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus and some scattered singles it's wholly uncollected. Is any of it any good? I used to love picking it up from dollar bins, but I am otherwise pretty blind to its quality. Luckily, as of the end of this year everything after that will be collected save for a spare one-shot from 2010. (Although, a major gap remains for the 2001-2002 Defenders/Order revival by Busiek.)

And, of course, his new Jason Aaron series is one of the few All New, All Different books to merit initial Premiere Hardcovers.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Just a heads up but I may start stalking you mate.

Your Scarlet Witch review was spot on and I only read the first issue of Devil Girl and it was as you said 22 pages of a 140 odd page story and not the first chapter in a 6 part book and that maybe why I didn't like it even though the dialogue was sport on. I like the way you have reviewed the other books so I'm going to give them a go.
    Playing devils advocate, I, by contrast, have absolutely loved Robinson's Scarlet Witch. Squadron Supreme? Not so much. To each their own though.

There are some pretty good current books. Thor, Ant-Man, and Hercules/Gods of War spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Playing devils advocate, I, by contrast, have absolutely loved Robinson's Scarlet Witch. Squadron Supreme? Not so much. To each their own though.

There are some pretty good current books. Thor, Ant-Man, and Hercules/Gods of War spring to mind.
    That Herc series is flying under everyone's radar. It is very good!

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post

The idea behind the Scarlet Witch series is great and I picked up the Timely 3 issue reprint of the book to check it out but the way it is written just left me flat. I couldn't finish the third issue and skipped parts of the second.

AntMan I keep hearing good things about so I will check that out properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    The idea behind the Scarlet Witch series is great and I picked up the Timely 3 issue reprint of the book to check it out but the way it is written just left me flat. I couldn't finish the third issue and skipped parts of the second.

AntMan I keep hearing good things about so I will check that out properly.
    How was the Timely format? I can't find them locally, but am intrigued. $1/issue is sort of what I am willing to spend on throwaway books.

Spectacular Member

So how many All New, All Different titles have been solicited/fished/leaked as OHCs so far?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So how many All New, All Different titles have been solicited/fished/leaked as OHCs so far?
    5 off the top of my head:

- All-New, All-Different Avengers
    - Deadpool: World's Greatest
    - Amazing Spider-Man
    - Uncanny Inhumans
    - Spider-Gwen