Page 379 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2793293693753763773783793803813823833894294798791379 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    How was the Timely format? I can't find them locally, but am intrigued. $1/issue is sort of what I am willing to spend on throwaway books.
    Really good. Three issues no ads (barring the odd in house one where someone fubared the pay layout) and regular paper stock and cover. All in all a great deal. I picked up Scarlet Witch, Squadron Supreme, Totally Awesome Hulk, Invincible Iron Man, and New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    5 off the top of my head:

- All-New, All-Different Avengers
    - Deadpool: World's Greatest
    - Amazing Spider-Man
    - Uncanny Inhumans
    - Spider-Gwen
    Who has been reading Amazing Spiderman? How have you found it?

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Agamatto-eyed readers may have spotted it already, but today I'm happy to officially share with you The Definitive Doctor Strange Collecting Guide and Reading Order!

....I'm sure we'll see it - perhaps in a pincher attach between the next two MMWs ....
    Pincer (think crab). Grammar Red Skull out.
    Otherwise you da man Charlie Brown!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    I think the Guardians of the Galaxy omni really mostly makes sense mostly for people who already have most of the modern cosmic stuff in OHC already. But it's a bad deal for those planning on buying the War and Realm of Kings omnis.

I already have these in OHC:

Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire
    War of Kings
    Realm of Kings
    Annihilators
    Thanos Imperative

And these in TPB:
    Deadly Genesis (which isn't in the omnis for some reason)
    X-Men Emperor Vulcan
    Road to War of Kings

So getting the War and Realm of Kings omnis would be a huge double-dip for me. But the Guardians omni fills the gaps in that collection nicely. Collecting these events and ongoings really requires some planning now that so many of the titles have been collected in different formats. The OHCs also have the advantage of being on thicker paper, so there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Just bought the GoTG Omni and considering to buy the WoK and RoK omnis.

I have the following:
    X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire OHC
    X-Men: Emperor Vulcan TPB
    X-Men: Kingbreaker TPB
    War of Kings OHC
    Realm of Kings OHC

Reason to upgrade to WoK Omni:
    Emperor Vulcan 1-5 + Kingbreaker 1-4 + Nova 23-28 (total 15 issues) in Oversized
    Can sell the HCs and TPBs
    Cons: Double-dip - GoTG 13-19 (7 issues) in Omni

Reason to upgrade to RoK Omni:
    Nova 29-36 + Annihilators 1-4 + Annihilators: Earthfall 1-4 (total 16 issues) in Oversized
    Can sell the HC
    Cons: Double-dip - GoTG 20-25 + Thanos Imperative 1-6 + TI: Ignition + TI: Devastation (total 14 isses)

I'm definitely buying the WoK omni.
    I'm holding off on the RoK omni because of the ridiculous double-dip. With the new Richard Rider Nova series coming up maybe they will publish the Nova Omni next and with the issue 13-22 gap, I will be buying this hypothetical omni instead.

Yeah I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place too cause I had Nova, Thanos Imperative, RoK and Rise and Fall in OHCs but I was missing the rest so I went for the omnis but now I am actually hoping for a Road to... so I can unload my GotG omni and have everything in reading order......presuming the WoK and RoK Omnis will be in reading order....
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Who has been reading Amazing Spiderman? How have you found it?
    Ibe read a little bit, and I've really disliked it. Way to Peter as Iron Man for my tastes. Plus Slott keeps bringing upnone more day, then not doing anything with it, which is really frustrating.
    Cyclops was right

Anyone has the Panini hardcovers of Miracleman? Never saw a Panini hc only tpbs and those are quite ugly with the grey spine, are the hardcovers the same or they don't look different from the Marvel editions?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Ibe read a little bit, and I've really disliked it. Way to Peter as Iron Man for my tastes. Plus Slott keeps bringing upnone more day, then not doing anything with it, which is really frustrating.
    Yeah it did seem a little too much like Peter Parker: Iron Man. Oh well, will just go back to the Amazing Spider-man run on MU.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Pincer (think crab). Grammar Red Skull out.
    Otherwise you da man Charlie Brown!!
    I am the king of correcting mistaken (rather than just bad) grammar/syntax amongst my friends and I definitely did not know that one. You've out-grammared me this time, Red Skull!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That Herc series is flying under everyone's radar. It is very good!
    I think it has been replaced now by the civil war II mini and then who knows?
    It could be dead. Like lots of characters these days, Hercules can't seem to hold a series for very long...

But it's not really a slam on the character cuz neither can most characters not named spider-man or daredevil or a team book with avengers in the name somewhere.

I mean seriously, you look at some of those new series on October and lots of them have "cancel fodder" written all over them.
    Last time I was super psyched they were putting out a Black Knight SERIES, but I guess I was the only one as it only lasted four issues...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I think it has been replaced now by the civil war II mini and then who knows?
    It could be dead. Like lots of characters these days, Hercules can't seem to hold a series for very long...

But it's not really a slam on the character cuz neither can most characters not named spider-man or daredevil or a team book with avengers in the name somewhere.

I mean seriously, you look at some of those new series on October and lots of them have "cancel fodder" written all over them.
    Last time I was super psyched they were putting out a Black Knight SERIES, but I guess I was the only one as it only lasted four issues...
    The CWII mini is a direct continuation of the series, same overall arc ongoing, with just a little Civil War twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Regarding the newish Marvel titles these days, I second the notion that Astonishing Ant-Man rules.
    I also REALLY love the Vision book. It's 100% opposite of Ant-Man, it's very intense, but it's still an excellent read.

Most of the team books are a mess to me. I guess I'm an old purist, but when Deadpool and SquirrelGirl are Avengers, just count me out. Everyone blew a gasket back in the day when Bendis put Wolverine on the Avengers, but now it's like anything goes.
    Same here. I'm going through my first, "I'm done with modern comics" phase. There's always been something I've enjoyed but right now, very little is clicking with me. I'm the old man that looks at all the current comics and just thinks to myself, "what the hell am I looking at"?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Same here. I'm going through my first, "I'm done with modern comics" phase. There's always been something I've enjoyed but right now, very little is clicking with me. I'm the old man that looks at all the current comics and just thinks to myself, "what the hell am I looking at"?
    If it helps, I'm 18 and I think its dumb as hell.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Old Man Logan is really great and All-New Wolverine is really good too. Both very different. Other than things like the Vision and a few bits scattered about there isn't going to be much to look forward to being collected in 5+ years time.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    If it helps, I'm 18 and I think its dumb as hell.
    I'm 19 and share the same opinion.

Only comics I currently enjoy are All-New Wolverine, Thor, and Doctor Strange. (On the marvel side at least)

The three I've been enjoying the most each month are Vader - I love star wars and it's constantly felt epic, Howard the Duck - just goofy fun, and Venom Space Knight - beautiful art; and at least 2 of those are about to end (not sure about VSK, just assuming from the new Venom series shown in the new marvel now again the rebootening previews).

Can someone clue me in on what's made Vision so incredible? It just hasn't grabbed me. And I've dropped ant-man, daredevil, and moon girl/Devil dinosaur already. What am I missing?

All-New Member

Does anyone know if the Time Runs Out OHC is in reading order?