Page 38 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248881385381038 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I just looked up some reviews.....I am ashamed I even considered picking this up. Why in the hell would this even get omnibus treatment?
    Its going for 25$ on ebay for new...no wonder its so cheap.
    Get the WCA omnis instead while they are in print. Or even better, Squadron Supreme omni! Maybe a bit thin but worth every penny IMHO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Get the WCA omnis instead while they are in print. Or even better, Squadron Supreme omni! Maybe a bit thin but worth every penny IMHO.
    Yes and yes. WCA can be hit and miss with some, but they were release day purchases for me. Cannot recommend Squadron enough. I bought it cause it was going fairly cheap at the time and I figured what the heck, and wow was I so happy I pulled the trigger on it. I don't know why it seems to fly under so many peoples radar.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Fantastic Member

The CROSSING sounds so terrible I have to buy it. For $26 I can't pass it by. I already have the WCA/SS omni's or I would pick those up. For anyone wondering I have bought several books from the EBAY seller dheader. All the books have been well packed, shipped in boxes and arrived in the promised condition.

I just looked up some reviews.....I am ashamed I even considered picking this up. Why in the hell would this even get omnibus treatment?
    What I remember based on some comments from Jeph York over on the MMW MB, it was originally intended to be a complete collection-like TP then they threw in some extra run-up and crossover issues to pad it out and make it an Omnibus HC.

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Anyone have Avengers The crossing omnibus? hows the material in it? worth a pickup?
    The Crossing is one of the most reviled Avengers stories ever. Most people would be very happy to forget it ever happened.
    If you are a completest and can get it for $25, that's about the only reason to get it.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Yeah, this one has been a running joke on this thread for years.

Yes, Squadron Supreme is an excellent alternate to the Crossing because it's way, way, way, way better and costs about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, Squadron Supreme is an excellent alternate to the Crossing because it's way, way, way, way better and costs about the same.
    TOTALLY and 100% agree! It's a great read, can be done in one sitting, although might take you two since it's 80's and very wordy, but holds up quite well and I really enjoyed it. Gruenwald was great, RIP.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

When the Star Wars Epic TPs were first announced I was mildly interested. I'm a long time SW fan, but for whatever reason, I've never read much of the Dark Horse material (aside from Dark Empire and the movie adaptions). However, when the SW Epics started flooding the Marvel solicitations, I began to feel a little overwhelmed. Where do I start? How could anyone keep up with all of these fast-appearing titles across various SW eras? You could choose the Old Republic, New Republic, Empire, etc. It was all a little overwhelming to try and make sense of if you hadn't read that material before or weren't 100% up to speed on the intricacies of SW's long and vast continuity.

That being said, I stopped into my local BAM store during lunch break yesterday and found the SW Empire & SW New Republic Epics in their clearance aisle for $10 ea (marked down from $35), and they weren't even remaindered. I thought, what the heck, I'll give them a try at that price. To be honest they're pretty great reads. I plowed thru about half of the Empire Epic last night alone. It bridges the gap between Episodes III-IV and is really, really good. If you haven't tried it, and are even mildly curious about the content, I highly recommend it. This volume showcases the struggle of the remaining Jedi post-Episode III as Darth Vader hunts them across the galaxy. The stories also continually remind the reader of Anakin's despair over losing Padme and frustrations hunting down Obi-Wan Kenobi for revenge. Good stuff. This is a Vader who is learning to master the dark side, and he's utterly ruthless.

I briefly skimmed the New Republic Epic and apparently it picks up after Return of the Jedi and features story lines revolving around the "classic" cast plus Mara Jade. Also looking forward to reading that one next. Good stuff.

PS .. they also had the Spider-Man Complete Alien Costume Saga v1 for $12 on clearance and it wasn't remaindered either. Head's up if anyone's interested in these books. Get 'em cheap while they last!

You make a strong case for Empire

I tend to go for the stuff that's different from the Canon material, to flesh out stuff not in the movies. So I tend to go more for Old Republic, Legacy type material.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    You make a strong case for Empire

I tend to go for the stuff that's different from the Canon material, to flesh out stuff not in the movies. So I tend to go more for Old Republic, Legacy type material.
    Those comics in the Empire era are pretty good. Loved the Dark Times and Purge books, myself. The New Republic stuff is ok in the first volume, but the second volume is AMAZING (the second volume begins collecting the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron ongoing from the mid-1990s).

The Old Republic is great too. I'm about to begin re-reading my Knights of the Old Republic comics (except in the Dark Horse omnibuses, not Marvel Epics).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Fastest turnaround ever on an IST order for me.

I placed the order for my Avengers by Busiek/Perez vol.2 at 2:18pm cst, got the email confirmation with that time stamp.
    Then at 4:32pm cst I got the email from IST telling me my package had been processed with the tracking number.
    A little over 2hrs, insane.

Some like to hate on their turnaround time and normally it does take up to 48hrs on most orders. Just thought I'd toss that out there.
    nice! so do you get your books a say after there shipped since your so close to them?
    If it's new release or fairly recent material(released in the last few weeks) and I place my order on Tuesday afternoon/evening then shipment by USPS Media Mail typically hits me Friday or Saturday.

A few times I've placed an order for much older books, that they had to go out to their supplier for and in those cases, no, it doesn't matter that I was 3hours up the interstate. Unlike a few though it didn't phase me to wait 10-12 business day or get wholly upset that the items in question weren't sitting physically "in stock" at that moment in their limited warehouse space.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

If it's new release or fairly recent material(released in the last few weeks) and I place my order on Tuesday afternoon/evening then shipment by USPS Media Mail typically hits me Friday or Saturday.

A few times I've placed an order for much older books, that they had to go out to their supplier for and in those cases, no, it doesn't matter that I was 3hours up the interstate. Unlike a few though it didn't phase me to wait 10-12 business day or get wholly upset that the items in question weren't sitting physically "in stock" at that moment in their limited warehouse space.
    You always do usps? I always pay the few extra bucks for fedex, but even with that I still wait the same ammount of time as you but im in oregon.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Yeah Star Wars the Empire is great! Especially the first two Purge books (Seconds to die was sooooo good). The Old Republic is also great.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Isn't "if its on our site its in stock" sort of their gimmick?

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

I m sorry if this is the wrong place for this but for those that have /know ...are the Avengers Time Runs out trade s by Hickman in chronological reading order?
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8