Page 380 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2803303703763773783793803813823833843904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 20767
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

A lot of the traditional "core" Marvel titles are absent or unrecognizable right now, and it appears X-Men and Avengers are in a slump. And yeah, being force-fed the Inhumans at some point in almost every title is a bummer. But a lot of the "secondary" titles are awesome. There's still good things to read, you just have to dig a little deeper! Maybe try some of the ones we've been discussing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    A lot of the traditional "core" Marvel titles are absent or unrecognizable right now, and it appears X-Men and Avengers are in a slump. And yeah, being force-fed the Inhumans at some point in almost every title is a bummer. But a lot of the "secondary" titles are awesome. There's still good things to read, you just have to dig a little deeper! Maybe try some of the ones we've been discussing?
    Yeah it does seem that way. I just hope the smaller titles get to finish their stories (so I can then buy the nice collected edition and read them in one go).

I'm 30 and while I don't care about most of the books coming out thereare still some good ones I can't wait to read in ohc like ms marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Same here. I'm going through my first, "I'm done with modern comics" phase. There's always been something I've enjoyed but right now, very little is clicking with me. I'm the old man that looks at all the current comics and just thinks to myself, "what the hell am I looking at"?
    I'm more like "what the hell am I paying for?" with Marvel starting to inch its books up to 4.99, it is very difficult to take a chance on any new title really. THey are re-shuffling so frequently there is no real reason to get tied into any titles, Marvel Unlimited is starting to look better and better. Hell, they have done "8 months later" in continuity twice in the last few years, perhaps they are telling us something.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

You guys! Marvel are putting out so many good books at the minute. Vision, Ultimates, Astonishing Ant-Man, Spider-Woman, Mighty Thor, Ms. Marvel, Spidey/Deadpool, Dr. Strange etc.

That said, I understand the misgivings about their a lot of their flagship titles and the constant stream of relaunches is a little frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I'm more like "what the hell am I paying for?" with Marvel starting to inch its books up to 4.99, it is very difficult to take a chance on any new title really. THey are re-shuffling so frequently there is no real reason to get tied into any titles, Marvel Unlimited is starting to look better and better. Hell, they have done "8 months later" in continuity twice in the last few years, perhaps they are telling us something.
    I do Marvel Unlimited, which helps with the price issues.

I think I'll have to try out Vision. I read the first couple issues of Old Man Logan and while I enjoyed it, I also completely forgot about it. So it didn't really grab me but I'll give it a few more issues.

Mighty Member

Some late night pondering lol:

So whats latest omni to have the classic times new roman lettering on the spine? I think Michelinie AMS ran into the 90s, lee and claremont xmen maybe?, xforce or new warriors? I was trying to figure out if Mcfarlane's spiderman will have this lettering or one of the more modern looks.
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-16-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
    Does anyone know if the Time Runs Out OHC is in reading order?
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I do Marvel Unlimited, which helps with the price issues.

I think I'll have to try out Vision. I read the first couple issues of Old Man Logan and while I enjoyed it, I also completely forgot about it. So it didn't really grab me but I'll give it a few more issues.
    I've got Marvel Unlimited, but rarely ever use it anymore. So many books still unread on my own shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I've got Marvel Unlimited, but rarely ever use it anymore. So many books still unread on my own shelves!
    I only remembered I had it when the MU twitter account tweeted that there were accessibility issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    You guys! Marvel are putting out so many good books at the minute. Vision, Ultimates, Astonishing Ant-Man, Spider-Woman, Mighty Thor, Ms. Marvel, Spidey/Deadpool, Dr. Strange etc.

That said, I understand the misgivings about their a lot of their flagship titles and the constant stream of relaunches is a little frustrating.
    The problem I find, is that while Marvel does push good, and excellent content its only a handful. The rest is very hit or miss. Not to say its bad, but its not the quality as its top tier books are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    The problem I find, is that while Marvel does push good, and excellent content its only a handful. The rest is very hit or miss. Not to say its bad, but its not the quality as its top tier books are.
    The problem is that the books being pushed are the major flagship titles (Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Avengers, Captain America, etc), which so happen to be the weaker quality books.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    The problem is that the books being pushed are the major flagship titles (Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Avengers, Captain America, etc), which so happen to be the weaker quality books.
    Yeah. Currently, every single really good book is on the fringe. And barely about cancellation because of it.
    Cyclops was right

Well some have already been canceled. I think Howard the Duck is axed? Which is a shame since I loved it.
    Last edited by Vilynne; 07-16-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Some late night pondering lol:

So whats latest omni to have the classic times new roman lettering on the spine? I think Michelinie AMS ran into the 90s, lee and claremont xmen maybe?, xforce or new warriors? I was trying to figure out if Mcfarlane's spiderman will have this lettering or one of the more modern looks.
    These are the most recent books to get the "Classic Omnibus Spine" that weren't 2nd or 3rd Volumes (i.e.:Captain America Vol 2 by Stan Lee or FF Vol 3 etc...)

Shang Chi: Master of Kung Fu Vol 1
    S.H.E.I.L.D. Complete Collection
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern

...I don't think the new Squadron Supreme Omnibus got the classic treatment, but the original printing has it.