Page 381 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2813313713773783793803813823833843853914314818811381 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 20754
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    These are the most recent books to get the "Classic Omnibus Spine" that weren't 2nd or 3rd Volumes (i.e.:Captain America Vol 2 by Stan Lee or FF Vol 3 etc...)

Shang Chi: Master of Kung Fu Vol 1
    S.H.E.I.L.D. Complete Collection
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern

...I don't think the new Squadron Supreme Omnibus got the classic treatment, but the original printing has it.
    I was referring to "recent" as it relates to the material collected. As in, what time (or age) does Marvel's collecting dept stop considering titles for the classic look and opt for the more modern spines. Is there a theoretical cutoff? The books i listed all ran into or were entirely within the early 90's. Mcfarlane's Spider-Man would fall into this era, and I'm assuming it will have the times new roman lettering. AoA, Busiek's Avengers, etc all had the more modern covers. Just thinking out loud really.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Well some have already been canceled. I think Howard the Duck is axed? Which is a shame since I loved it.
    Howard, sadly, ends his run with number 11. Zdarsky is moving on to write Starlord.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I was referring to "recent" as it relates to the material collected. As in, what time (or age) does Marvel's collecting dept stop considering titles for the classic look and opt for the more modern spines. Is there a theoretical cutoff? The books i listed all ran into or were entirely within the early 90's. Mcfarlane's Spider-Man would fall into this era, and I'm assuming it will have the times new roman lettering. AoA, Busiek's Avengers, etc all had the more modern covers. Just thinking out loud really.
    I would assume anything NOT continuing from the Bronze Age (i.e.: Uncanny X-Men or Bryne's FF) will get the new Omnibus Branding. But as the mantra goes "Your guess is as good as mine."

PS: You the man, Charlie Brown.

Spectacular Member

Anyone know why the 2009 Wolverine omnibus which contained most of his guest starring issues before his actual series didn't include Daredevil 196, 249, and Cap annual 8? I was wondering if that cap annual with one of the greatest covers had ever seen a color reprint.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Anyone know why the 2009 Wolverine omnibus which contained most of his guest starring issues before his actual series didn't include Daredevil 196, 249, and Cap annual 8? I was wondering if that cap annual with one of the greatest covers had ever seen a color reprint.
    The Cap annual is (allegedly) in the Best of Wolverine vol 1 OHC from 2004. I don't own it so I can't check firsthand. It's the only thing in that OHC not in the omnibus.

I don't think the purpose of the omnibus was to collect all his early appearances. It just mostly worked out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    I think this question is been asked a few times, ever since they announced the War of Kings Omni, but if the ever make such a thing, X-Men Deadly Genesis is a must. And I would put Son of M and Silent war in there, if there is still room.
    This is how I would do it(pages are based off trades):

Guardians 1-6 152 pg
    Nova Corps 13-22 144+144 pg
    Guardians 7-12 144Pg
    Secret Invasion: Inhumans 112Pg
    X-men: Deadly Genesis 200 pg
    Silent War 144 pg
    Son of M 144 pg
    TOTAL: 1,184

I wouldn't put it past them to come out with one of these prologue omni's seeing as how they did it for Inferno, plus the Guardians and the Inhumans are hot right now. But if they do one exactly like this, I hope the Realm omni will include the Groot/Rocket back-ups, as it would pretty much eliminate any need for the Guardians omni.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 07-17-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    The Wolverine Omnibus 1 does contain the Cap annual. It does not contain the Daredevil issues.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    The Cap annual is (allegedly) in the Best of Wolverine vol 1 OHC from 2004. I don't own it so I can't check firsthand. It's the only thing in that OHC not in the omnibus.

I don't think the purpose of the omnibus was to collect all his early appearances. It just mostly worked out that way.
    It's in the Best of Wolverine OHC.

Spectacular Member

New Hachette Catalog is out. Some previously unknown stuff, taken from the Omni Collectors FB page:

* New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis: The Complete Collection Vol. 3 (Wow, they are pumping these out) (COLLECTING: CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE, NEW AVENGERS (2004) 26-37, NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL (2006) 2, NEW AVENGERS: ILLUMINATI (2007) 1-5)

* Guardians of the Galaxy Classic: In the Year 3000 Vol. 3 (COLLECTING: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (1990) 51-62, MATERIAL FROM GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANNUAL 4)

* Guardians of the Galaxy: Road to Annihilation Vol. 2 (COLLECTING: SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK 44-46; THANOS 7-12; MARVEL MONSTERS: MONSTERS ON THE PROWL; NICK FURY'S HOWLING COMMANDOS 1-6, 1 DIRECTOR'S CUT)

* Star Wars Box Set Slipcase ($350, holy ****) (Celebrate Star Wars with a box set that you'll need to be Force strong to lift! Enjoy adaptations of every film in the series so far, plus a special prelude to Episode VII-The Force Awakens. Follow Luke Skywalker and the Rebels into all new adventures with the first collection of Marvel's best-selling new Star Wars series, and turn to the Dark Side with Darth Vader's own debut volume! Then savor a stunning gallery of Star Wars covers by Marvel's greatest artists. It's the ultimate celebration of cinema's greatest sci-fi epic in comic book form!)

* Mighty Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis - The Complete Collection (COLLECTING: MIGHTY AVENGERS (2007) 1-20
    )

* War of Kings Prelude: Road to War of Kings Omnibus ! (COLLECTING: SON OF M 1-6, X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS 1-6, SILENT WAR 1-6, SECRET INVASION: INHUMANS 1-4, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 1-12, NOVA 13-22, NOVA: THE ORIGIN OF RICHARD RIDER, WAR OF KINGS SAGA)

* Avengers: The Complete Celestial Madonna Saga (COLLECTING: AVENGERS (1963) 124-125, 129-135; CAPTAIN MARVEL (1968) 33; GIANT-SIZE AVENGERS 2-4; AVENGERS: CELESTIALQUEST 1-8)

* Iron Fist: The Book of Changes (COLLECTING: SPIDER-MAN (1990) 41-43; MATERIAL FROM FROM MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) 111, 113-118, 125-137, 140-141; NAMOR ANNUAL 3)

* Iron Fist: The Living Weapon - The Complete Collection (COLLECTING: IRON FIST: THE LIVING WEAPON 1-12)

* Captain America Epic Collection : Justice is Served (COLLECTING: VOLUME 13: CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) 318-332, ANNUAL 8; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 278; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL FANFARE (1982) 29, 31-32; SCOURGE SUBPLOT PAGES)

* Captain America: Marvel Knights Vol. 2 (COLLECTING: CAPTAIN AMERICA (2002) 17-32; CAPTAIN AMERICA: RED, WHITE AND BLUE)

* X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus (COLLECTING: X-MEN LEGACY 1-24)

* X-Men Epic Collection : Second Genesis (COLLECTING: VOL. 5; GIANT-SIZE X-MEN (1975) 1, X-MEN (1963) 94-110, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) 53, 69-70, ANNUAL (1976) 1, IRON FIST (1975) 14-15, MATERIAL FROM FOOM (1973) 10)

* X-Force Epic Collection : Under the Gun (COLLECTING: VOLUME 1: X-FORCE (1991) 1-15, ANNUAL 1; SPIDER-MAN (1990) 16; WOLVERINE (1988) 54)

* Avengers: The Initiative - The Complete Collection Vol. 2 (They are pumping these out too.) (Avengers: The Initiative - The Complete Collection Vol. 2)
    Last edited by Dougtron; 07-19-2016 at 09:22 AM.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...d=9&savecook=1

I haven't read the material but the choice for the X-Men related Omnibus is another classic WTF decision from Marvel's collection department.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...d=9&savecook=1

I haven't read the material but the choice for the X-Men related Omnibus is another classic WTF decision from Marvel's collection department.
    Not really. There is a TV show coming out from Fox, and it's actually a really good story.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member

So does the GOTG line "In the Year 3k" pick up right after the three Jim Valentino trades? It's the same 90's series, right? Will I want to keep going after I finish the JV trades?

Love that they are doing a WOK prelude book and very happy that I skipped the Guardians Omnibus now, looks like we have the full Nova and GOG runs in the 3 War of the Kings omnibus nice that marvel did it up right.
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 07-19-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Love that they are doing a WOK prelude book and very happy that I skipped the Guardians Omnibus now.
    Yeah, anyone who skipped that book can be happy.

Anyone who bought it, well, Marvel just stuck two fingers up at you while running away with a fistful of your money.

I am really annoyed at them for this right now. Coming so soon together means it was done with forethought - they knew they'd be ripping people off.

If I didnt expect it to get me banned right away, I'd totally be joining the MMW boards to ask that collections editor Corey how he feels this is at all fair to loyal omnibus fans.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Yeah, anyone who skipped that book can be happy.

Anyone who bought it, well, Marvel just stuck two fingers up at you while running away with a fistful of your money.

I am really annoyed at them for this right now. Coming so soon together means it was done with forethought - they knew they'd be ripping people off.

If I didnt expect it to get me banned right away, I'd totally be joining the MMW boards to ask that collections editor Corey how he feels this is at all fair to loyal omnibus fans.
    Yes it is not right that they did it this way for those who supported GoG omni, especially knowing they would do it within WOK omnis.