Page 384 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2843343743803813823833843853863873883944344848841384 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    So does the GOTG line "In the Year 3k" pick up right after the three Jim Valentino trades? It's the same 90's series, right? Will I want to keep going after I finish the JV trades?
    Yes, "In the Year 3000" Volume 1 picks up immediately after "by Jim Valentino" Volume 3 ends. This latest book is the last one (the series ends at issue 62).

All-New Member

The hate for Marvel having loaded up the War of Kings Omnibuses w/ the Guardians material strikes me as just kinda whiney.

Look: There's clearly a market for Guardians Material. Probably a much wider market for Guardians stuff than, say, fans of the 2000's Cosmic stuff. Especially when Movie 2 comes out. That's why, by next May, we'll have *four* Guardians Omnibus editions on the market (Classic, Valentino, DnA, Bendis). It'll be a much easier sell for them to throw those to bookstores than, say, "Road to War of Kings" or "Realm of Kings."

And nobody forced anyone to buy these books. I bought the Guardians run because I love that run, but I was also personally a little wary of the War / Realm omnibuses and the reading experience of flipping between books just to get everything in a row. So now I won't have to do that. I'm pleased as a fan of the run, and as a fan of the overall cosmic odyssey.

Nobody is ripping you off. It makes absolute sense to publish them this way, for every kind of consumer.

The only Cosmic Omnibus stuff I'm a little disappointed by is that we're still lacking the next few installments of the classic Infinity stuff, and Starlin's "Silver Surfer." Hope springs eternal!

I bought GotG but don't care much for the other cosmic stuff. Happy to just have that book.

Quote Originally Posted by cancalyx View Post
    The hate for Marvel having loaded up the War of Kings Omnibuses w/ the Guardians material strikes me as just kinda whiney.

Look: There's clearly a market for Guardians Material. Probably a much wider market for Guardians stuff than, say, fans of the 2000's Cosmic stuff. Especially when Movie 2 comes out. That's why, by next May, we'll have *four* Guardians Omnibus editions on the market (Classic, Valentino, DnA, Bendis). It'll be a much easier sell for them to throw those to bookstores than, say, "Road to War of Kings" or "Realm of Kings."

And nobody forced anyone to buy these books. I bought the Guardians run because I love that run, but I was also personally a little wary of the War / Realm omnibuses and the reading experience of flipping between books just to get everything in a row. So now I won't have to do that. I'm pleased as a fan of the run, and as a fan of the overall cosmic odyssey.

Nobody is ripping you off. It makes absolute sense to publish them this way, for every kind of consumer.

The only Cosmic Omnibus stuff I'm a little disappointed by is that we're still lacking the next few installments of the classic Infinity stuff, and Starlin's "Silver Surfer." Hope springs eternal!
    Agreed. It just seems very crybaby-ish imo. Marvel didnt force anyone to spend their coins. Its really just too dramatic. They weren't tricked into anything or manipulated.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Awesome! DnA's Nova is my favorite Marvel run of all time, awesome to have it all in OHC.

I'm guessing they'll reprint Annihilation in May to tie into Guardians 2. No sense in putting out the whole series if part one isn't available, and with how fast it went out of print I can definitely see it getting at least a small reprint run.

I'm annoyed about the Legion Omni. All the great X-runs out there, and that's what they pick?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I'm annoyed about the Legion Omni. All the great X-runs out there, and that's what they pick?
    Right. How about sewing up that UXM gap? That collection could've waited.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Concerning the Road to War of Kings omnibus:

When the WoK omnibus was first announced, there was A LOT of chatter about missing material that should have been included, especially X-Men Deadly Genesis, Secret Invasion Inhumans, and Silent War. People felt very strongly these needed to be included to get the full story and have the event make sense. Jeph York, who works for the Marvel Collections Dept., responded at the MMWB that he agreed but had no choice because including that stuff would have made the volume too large (it would have been about 1400 pages) and "doing this in two volumes was not an option at this time."

But people kept talking about it. They started mapping a Road to War of Kings omnibus that would have this stuff plus the Guardians and Nova issues in it so you could read the entire cosmic saga straight through without switching formats (and also Nova vol 4, which is in this map, is pretty rare and expensive). It got a lot of support, and seemed a perfect fit in terms of size, desirability, and importance to the cosmic line overall.

I think Marvel did NOT plan to re-collect all the DnA Guardians stuff in other omnibuses so soon after releasing one of their own. I think we kept asking for this Road to WoK omnibus, made a good case for it, and Marvel decided to give it to us.

If this is the case, we should be thanking Marvel for responding to the collectors community, not getting angry at them for trying to squeeze money out of us. I honestly think they're listening more than ever these days and we're just not used to it yet.

My unopened Guardians omnibus is going on ebay, and I'm not upset about it at all.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

And the X-Men Legion omnibus exists because there's going to be a television show on FX. Since it's a 24 issue series, we all knew this would be on the shelves for that.

Mighty Member

I dont see an annihilation reprint coming anytime soon. Many more marvel runs would technically be "due" before that. And honestly, its probably the most stand alone of the bunch. The war of kings trilogy would be a fine enough set on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I dont see an annihilation reprint coming anytime soon. Many more marvel runs would technically be "due" before that. And honestly, its probably the most stand alone of the bunch. The war of kings trilogy would be a fine enough set on its own.
    Still waiting on The Ultimates and Astonishing X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Woah so is the entire guardians Omni double dipped? Or just part of it?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Woah so is the entire guardians Omni double dipped? Or just part of it?
    It is split into three parts, across the 3 War of Kings-era Omnibii. The issues are put into the proper chronological context of the overarching story.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Concerning the Road to War of Kings omnibus:

When the WoK omnibus was first announced, there was A LOT of chatter about missing material that should have been included, especially X-Men Deadly Genesis, Secret Invasion Inhumans, and Silent War. People felt very strongly these needed to be included to get the full story and have the event make sense. Jeph York, who works for the Marvel Collections Dept., responded at the MMWB that he agreed but had no choice because including that stuff would have made the volume too large (it would have been about 1400 pages) and "doing this in two volumes was not an option at this time."

But people kept talking about it. They started mapping a Road to War of Kings omnibus that would have this stuff plus the Guardians and Nova issues in it so you could read the entire cosmic saga straight through without switching formats (and also Nova vol 4, which is in this map, is pretty rare and expensive). It got a lot of support, and seemed a perfect fit in terms of size, desirability, and importance to the cosmic line overall.

I think Marvel did NOT plan to re-collect all the DnA Guardians stuff in other omnibuses so soon after releasing one of their own. I think we kept asking for this Road to WoK omnibus, made a good case for it, and Marvel decided to give it to us.

If this is the case, we should be thanking Marvel for responding to the collectors community, not getting angry at them for trying to squeeze money out of us. I honestly think they're listening more than ever these days and we're just not used to it yet.

My unopened Guardians omnibus is going on ebay, and I'm not upset about it at all.
    Oh man, I had no idea. That's GREAT. Really glad to hear they were that responsive about making sure all of this was collected. Mid-2000's Cosmic Marvel remains my absolute favorite from when I was a teenager and I'm so glad to own it all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cancalyx View Post
    It is split into three parts, across the 3 War of Kings-era Omnibii. The issues are put into the proper chronological context of the overarching story.
    I just want to point out that the vast majority of the Guardians issues are completely separate from the other events. They're their own stories with their own context. The only exception to this are the few issues that cross over with War of Kings.
    Last edited by TheManInBlack; 07-19-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Still waiting on The Ultimates and Astonishing X-Men.
    You and me both brother