Page 385 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485885 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Still waiting on The Ultimates and Astonishing X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    You and me both brother
    Me three.

What do you guys think are the chances of getting either of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Still waiting on The Ultimates and Astonishing X-Men.
    You and me both brother
    Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Me three.

You can get both these series in - still affordable as far as I recall - two OHCs each and they're way better than the omnibus collections. I had an Ultimates that fell apart after two reads.

On an unrelated topic, who is the writer for the X-Men Legion omnibus and what year(s) was this series published?

Thanks in advance.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    How were the sales for the Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest omnibus? I assume they had to have done well to be getting 3 more cosmic omnibus, did Guardians sell well?
    The premiere month figures for sales to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond are as below:

Annihilation Omnibus - 1,363 in May 2014
    Annihilation Conquest Omnibus - 1,396 in June 2015
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning Omnibus - 1,470 in May 2016

IIRC, the Annihilation Omnibus managed to go on and sell out within a year or so and is now demanding megabucks on the secondary market. Obviously, the high price tag of $125 which many of us were not happy with did not prove to be a hindrance. The Annihilation Conquest Omnibus is still readily available but expect that to demand high figures once it goes OOP. I suspect there was a higher print run for Conquest.

As time passes and copies of the GotG Omnibus start to deplete, I reckon that it too will become quite pricey especially as there are two more films on the way and a standaolne Omnibus of that material might be more attractive for some readers. I doubt it will ever get a reprint once it goes OOP as the material is already covered in the more readily accessible TPBs as well as the upcoming three "...Kings" Omnibusses (as discussed by us in some detail).

Barring the double dip on the GoG issues this ( * War of Kings Prelude: Road to War of Kings Omnibus ! (COLLECTING: SON OF M 1-6, X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS 1-6, SILENT WAR 1-6, SECRET INVASION: INHUMANS 1-4, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 1-12, NOVA 13-22, NOVA: THE ORIGIN OF RICHARD RIDER, WAR OF KINGS SAGA) ) still looks like a great buy.

* X-Men Legacy: Legion Omnibus (COLLECTING: X-MEN LEGACY 1-24)
    -- I would have preferred the Mike Carey Legacy collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The premiere month figures for sales to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond are as below:

Annihilation Omnibus - 1,363 in May 2014
    Annihilation Conquest Omnibus - 1,396 in June 2015
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Abnett & Lanning Omnibus - 1,470 in May 2016

IIRC, the Annihilation Omnibus managed to go on and sell out within a year or so and is now demanding megabucks on the secondary market. Obviously, the high price tag of $125 which many of us were not happy with did not prove to be a hindrance. The Annihilation Conquest Omnibus is still readily available but expect that to demand high figures once it goes OOP. I suspect there was a higher print run for Conquest.

As time passes and copies of the GotG Omnibus start to deplete, I reckon that it too will become quite pricey especially as there are two more films on the way and a standaolne Omnibus of that material might be more attractive for some readers. I doubt it will ever get a reprint once it goes OOP as the material is already covered in the more readily accessible TPBs as well as the upcoming three "...Kings" Omnibusses (as discussed by us in some detail).
    That is some pretty steady numbers for the Cosmic books.

Glad I checked the thread before I put in my latest IST order. Really glad I held off on the Guardians omnibus. While it's fine as a standalone, it is a bit obnoxious to have a complete double dip announced so soon after the initial omnibus. Also, after seeing enough overlap in Epics and omnibuses, I've settled on waiting till the last possible moment to buy the X-Men: The Gift epic collection. Just feels too likely that'll be part of an Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4.

Ugh..looks like I'll be selling my GoG omni now. It would have been fine if they had released it after all the War of omnis had come out.

I really need to see which Cosmic HC's I have. I think i have all the main event ones and the one Nova OHC they produced. Or I may just think sod it and buy these are I did really enjoy the stories.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    * War of Kings Prelude: Road to War of Kings Omnibus ! (COLLECTING: SON OF M 1-6, X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS 1-6, SILENT WAR 1-6, SECRET INVASION: INHUMANS 1-4, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 1-12, NOVA 13-22, NOVA: THE ORIGIN OF RICHARD RIDER, WAR OF KINGS SAGA)

Ow yeah take my money Marvel!!
    I am a bit cross with how they published the Cosmic stuff but still glad nonetheless.
    Hopefully I'll be able to sell the GoTG Omni without taking a big loss
    Any X-Men Omni is good for me and I've heard good things about that run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    You can get both these series in - still affordable as far as I recall - two OHCs each and they're way better than the omnibus collections. I had an Ultimates that fell apart after two reads.

On an unrelated topic, who is the writer for the X-Men Legion omnibus and what year(s) was this series published?

Thanks in advance.
    Si Spurrier. Was part of the marvel now rebranding a few years back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Me three.

I'm still shocked we haven't gotten an AXM reprint. I mean, we're getting a 3rd (?!) printing of New X-Men later this year. C'mon Marvel. Its Xmen and its whedon, seriously. Ultimates to me is looking less and less likely, especially after its universe's end via SW. However no one really knows what Marvel will ever do, but it's fun to speculate!
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-20-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Mycomicshop.com has the Ultimates OHC for $12 (1st Print, VG) and $13 (2nd Print, Fine) and the Ultimates 2 OHC for $48 (VF). So for $60 you can get the entire run in all it's oversized glory. Man that was a great series back in the day. Too bad it never went anywhere after those first two volumes.

They also have AXM v1 OHC (bookstore black DJ cover, $28, VF) but AXM v2 OHC is currently out of stock.

I'm still shocked we haven't gotten an AXM reprint. I mean, we're getting a 3rd (?!) printing of New X-Men later this year. C'mon Marvel. Its Xmen and its whedon, seriously. Ultimates to me is looking less and less likely, especially after its universe's end via SW. However no one really knows what Marvel will ever do, but it's fun to speculate!
    Agreed on an AXM reprint. At one time that looked like a potential evergreen book, and went thru several printings (3-4?) but it's been out of print in HC for several years now. I still occasionally see the TP versions at bookstores, but by and large, it looks like this great, great series is being overlooked nowadays. You'd think with it being Whedon and X-Men they could sell them continually on name recognition alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    -- I would have preferred the Mike Carey Legacy collection.
    Dito! But TV & Movies motivate Omniboo...
    I hope the "hellfire" show that was canceled will be replaced by a Peter David X-factor so they can start Omnifing the series since the 90's government team!

by the way, let me know if this is too far-fetched...

- inhumans movie delayed;
    - Road to Wok, Wok, Rok Omnibus solicited;
    - "hellfire" series canceled, to be replaced by a new serie with Marvel & Fox working together;

join the dots.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    I hope the "hellfire" show that was canceled will be replaced by a Peter David X-factor so they can start Omnifing the series since the 90's government team!

- "hellfire" series canceled, to be replaced by a new serie with Marvel & Fox working together;

join the dots.... ?

I see a bunny. It is a weird looking bunny, but it is a bunny.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post

join the dots.... ?
    Supposedly there is some kind of deal being made between Disney and Fox. We'll see what happens.
    Cyclops was right