Page 391 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491891 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There's a thread dedicated to it and one member here - dickgrayson - does a great job. Bottom line: Not hard to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah reach out to him for any questions, or to have him do it. He does an excellent job I have had him do around 30 or so books all of them extremely well done.
    Interesting. I'll keep that in mind. That sounds especially helpful, considering you can get the whole Astonishing run in TPB form for probably less than $30.

For anyone that has the Astonishing Omni, what extra stuff comes with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    A bunch of Brubaker Vol 1 Omnibus suddenly showed up on eBay, at lower-than-normal Buy It Now prices. Almost took the bait; glad I checked here first!
    What? Do they suck or something?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    What? Do they suck or something?
    Higher up in the thread there's discussion of a solicitation for Brubaker Daredevil Vol. 1, coming in April 2017. I'll preorder the reprint for $50 rather than buy the ones that (as of today) popped up on ebay going for around $150. I thought it seemed weird and did some googling and found this thread. I was really close to buying one, but now I'm happy to just wait.

Hopefully they reprint vol 2 quickly instead of dragging it out, volume 2 has taken a bit of jump down on price also. I assume this means the Frank Miller reprints had decent sales.

Incredible Member

^ They've been quite quick to follow up reprints with Vol.2's lately, from what I understand. Hopefully that trend continues.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Hopefully they reprint vol 2 quickly instead of dragging it out, volume 2 has taken a bit of jump down on price also. I assume this means the Frank Miller reprints had decent sales.
    The DD Miller/Janson Omni and DD Miller Companion Omni reprints had very decent sales figures, especially considering the Miller/Janson was a 3rd printing.

I reckon the DD Brubaker Omni Vol. 2 reprint will be close on the heels of Vol. 1
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 07-24-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Spectacular Member

As it has been - again - quiet some time since I read the Daredevil runs by Bendis and Brubaker in german trades, but wasn't Brubakers marvelous run directly tied to the events of Bendis' run? Seems odd to start here for the reprints at it has been stated before.

I am 100 % happy that we will see reprint(s) of the Omni(s) by Brubaker anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    Higher up in the thread there's discussion of a solicitation for Brubaker Daredevil Vol. 1, coming in April 2017. I'll preorder the reprint for $50 rather than buy the ones that (as of today) popped up on ebay going for around $150. I thought it seemed weird and did some googling and found this thread. I was really close to buying one, but now I'm happy to just wait.
    I see! There's always some guy in comics (both on and off ebay) who believes P.T. Barnum's adage that "there's a sucker born every minute".

Spectacular Member

Im happy for anyone who hasn't yet had the opportunity to read brubakers run to do so now. It was really, really good. But like someone above said, it continues directly from where bendis left off. Marvel loves bendis so i would have thought they would do his first but like many have said: marvels collected editions department is unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    As it has been - again - quiet some time since I read the Daredevil runs by Bendis and Brubaker in german trades, but wasn't Brubakers marvelous run directly tied to the events of Bendis' run? Seems odd to start here for the reprints at it has been stated before.

I am 100 % happy that we will see reprint(s) of the Omni(s) by Brubaker anyways.
    Yes. It's a pretty much "to be continued" from the Bendis run.

Incredible Member

Anyone think the first printing of the Bru DD Omni will retain more value for the Omni-obsessed? It'll probably have the faux leather cover instead of a printed design, thicker paper, etc.?

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Anyone think the first printing of the Bru DD Omni will retain more value for the Omni-obsessed? It'll probably have the faux leather cover instead of a printed design, thicker paper, etc.?
    Not really. Maybe $10 more on the secondary market if anything at all.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    No, at the moment the market for omnibusses and the amount of prints of things there have been isnt big enough for first print to mean anything. You'll have sellers trying it on for sure, but the buys wont be there
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I'm doing a review of the Hachette PDF now, and just wanted to flag (in case no one else posted about it so far) that the X-Factor: Genesis and Apocalypse TPB will indeed by X-Factor Epic Collection Volume 1. To go alongside the Vol 1 Epic Collections of New Mutants, X-Force, and Excalibur that are also coming out.

Spectacular Member

There goes the last hope to see my last white whale back in print: A TPB with some material of the Captain Britain Omnibus in the recent Solicitations.

CAPTAIN BRITAIN: LEGACY OF A LEGEND TPB
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT, STEVE PARKHOUSE, DAVE THORPE, ALAN MOORE & JAMIE DELANO
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE, JOHN BYRNE,
    JOHN STOKES, STEVE PARKHOUSE & ALAN DAVIS
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    Honor four decades of myth and majesty with the United Kingdom’s greatest hero! Follow Brian Braddock — handpicked for greatness by the sorcerer Merlyn — from the fateful decision that imbues him with the might of right on the path to glory that will make him protector of the Omniverse! Along the way, he’ll make a splash stateside in a team-up with Spider-Man and fight alongside the Black Knight in the name of King Arthur! Things go from fantasy to far-out as Brian goes Multiversal — facing Slaymaster, the Crazy Gang, Mad Jim Jaspers and the Fury! He’s Britain’s champion — now and forever! Collecting CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1976) #1-2; MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #65-66; and material from HULK COMIC #1 and #3-5, INCREDIBLE HULK WEEKLY #57-59, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (UK) #377-384 and #386, DAREDEVILS #3-4, MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL (1983) #8-12 and CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1985) #14.
    208 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90654-2