Page 394 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494894 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 20773

Never read any cosmic marvel. Been eyeing the DnA Guardians omni. It worth getting? Is it stand alone enough to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Comic book people. They'd complain if each book came with a free bar of gold.

Same thing happened several days ago with one of the newly solicited Comic Omnis...OH MY GOD! THEY DOUBLE DIPPED ON GOTG ISSUES! THE WORLD IS ENDING! MARVEL IS STEALING MY MONEY! Gimme a break. If you like the books, buy 'em. If you don't, don't. No one is holding a weapon to your head telling you to buy comic books. It's silly the way these folks sound off on message boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    Don´t misunderstand... the problem is not that they do that, the problem is HOW they did it...
    If Marvel had released or at least solicited all those Omnibus together, it wouldnt have been a problem, everybody could have decided as u said... the problem is a lot of people, who have already bought the GotG, will also buy the War/realm of Kings and now they dont need the GotG because the WHOLE omni is double dipped
    Yes, this is what I was going to say. The Guardians was a bad example to use as a way to gig on people complaining about double dipping. It wasn't Marvel double-dipped years later or even double dipped a few issues. They published Guardians and a few months later announced that the whole thing would be collected in the "Kings" books.

The timing sucked.

I'm going to sell my copy. I'm glad I never took it out of the seal. I'll probably make a few bucks as well, but it's still annoying that I'll have to do it. Plus, I freakin' hate selling on Ebay, since Ebay hates - HATES - sellers.

But, I digress . . .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I bought the GOTG omnibus for $48 from IST on release week and sold it for more than that when the Road to WoK omnibus was announced. Only a few dollars more (it wasn't my intention to make a profit, I'd thought it was a $125 omnibus), but still. It seems to me that anyone who doesn't want it anymore can easily get their money back on it. There's a market for the book with collectors who just want the DnA series.
    I did the same thing -- bought GotG on IST for $50, put it on eBay the day the WoK Prelude omni was announced. I started the bidding at $44.99 with a $59.99 Buy It Now (plus $4.99 shipping), and somebody used the BIN within 7 hours. Between shipping insurance and eBay fees, I basically made about $6 on the transaction. That wasn't my intent (I honestly didn't think anyone would use the BIN option), and I'm not saying everyone will get as lucky as I did (I'm sure it helped that mine was still sealed), but it is possible to recoup most if not all of the cost of it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Never read any cosmic marvel. Been eyeing the DnA Guardians omni. It worth getting? Is it stand alone enough to follow?
    I read GotG when it was coming out and I was not well-versed in Marvel cosmic history. Of course there were a few things I didn't understand, but it didn't keep me from enjoying a great run. Of course you've heard that the whole run is contained in the three "Kings" omnis as well, but that's a bigger investment. (Most of that material is also great, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    I read GotG when it was coming out and I was not well-versed in Marvel cosmic history. Of course there were a few things I didn't understand, but it didn't keep me from enjoying a great run. Of course you've heard that the whole run is contained in the three "Kings" omnis as well, but that's a bigger investment. (Most of that material is also great, though.)
    /\ Whats the third Kings Omni? I can only see War and Aftermath.

/\ Whats the third Kings Omni? I can only see War and Aftermath.
    Road to; War; Realm

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Road to; War; Realm
    You have a link to the Road to? I can only find a tpb collection...
    Thanks!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Comic book people. They'd complain if each book came with a free bar of gold.

Same thing happened several days ago with one of the newly solicited Comic Omnis...OH MY GOD! THEY DOUBLE DIPPED ON GOTG ISSUES! THE WORLD IS ENDING! MARVEL IS STEALING MY MONEY! Gimme a break. If you like the books, buy 'em. If you don't, don't. No one is holding a weapon to your head telling you to buy comic books. It's silly the way these folks sound off on message boards.
    If you cant tell the difference between double dipping a couple of issues vs double dipping an entire book, I just dont know what to tell you.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Well, the only GOTG I'd ever read was a scattered issue here and there of their first series, back in the heyday of the early 1990s. I went and saw the new movie, loved it, and quickly picked up the DnA TPB of the first twelve-odd issues and to be honest, I didn't like it. I was pretty well versed (I thought) in Marvel, but hadn't read any of the "modern day" cosmic stuff post-Starlin's Infinity Abyss. I felt like I was having to go back and re-read several pages here and there to try and make heads or tails out of what was going on. So that's my 2c, your mileage may vary. Based on that, either (a) I don't like DnA's writing style, or (b) it wasn't very new-reader friendly, or (c) both.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    Don´t misunderstand... the problem is not that they do that, the problem is HOW they did it...
    If Marvel had released or at least solicited all those Omnibus together, it wouldnt have been a problem, everybody could have decided as u said... the problem is a lot of people, who have already bought the GotG, will also buy the War/realm of Kings and now they dont need the GotG because the WHOLE omni is double dipped
    Well, Marvel is a business and their only goal is to make $. So if they rouse a few fans here and there on message boards, I seriously doubt that has any effect on their release strategy. In fairness, it looks to me like they released the Road-to Omni to please the fans who were complaining that content had been orphaned from the previous books. So, from that perspective, it's a damned if you do/damned if you don't. Folks are going to complain either way, regardless if they were trying to do fandom a favor by putting out orphaned material in another book.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    If you cant tell the difference between double dipping a couple of issues vs double dipping an entire book, I just dont know what to tell you.
    Well...this is hardly the first case. Hawkeye OHCs vs Omni, I think Waid's DD run also had a similar situation. And how many times has early classic Marvel been regurgitated in one format or another (SC, HC, Omnibus, MMW, ad nauseaum). Again I say just buy what you want, and skip what you don't want. Let's be thankful we've got lots & lots of good material to choose from!

You have a link to the Road to? I can only find a tpb collection...
    Thanks!
    No amazon link yet I think, but it was anounced for April 2017 (along the X-men Legion omnibus):
    War of Kings Prelude: Road to War of Kings Omnibus (COLLECTING: SON OF M 1-6, X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS 1-6, SILENT WAR 1-6, SECRET INVASION: INHUMANS 1-4, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) 1-12, NOVA 13-22, NOVA: THE ORIGIN OF RICHARD RIDER, WAR OF KINGS SAGA)

Daredevil By Ed Brubaker & Michael Lark Omnibus!

https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302905088/
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, this is what I was going to say. The Guardians was a bad example to use as a way to gig on people complaining about double dipping. It wasn't Marvel double-dipped years later or even double dipped a few issues. They published Guardians and a few months later announced that the whole thing would be collected in the "Kings" books.

The timing sucked.

I'm going to sell my copy. I'm glad I never took it out of the seal. I'll probably make a few bucks as well, but it's still annoying that I'll have to do it. Plus, I freakin' hate selling on Ebay, since Ebay hates - HATES - sellers.

But, I digress . . .
    Depends on how things developed on Marvel's side. If they had all 4 omnis planned out from the beginning then yeah, it's annoying. However they may not have planned Prelude (which seems likely since it's coming out last and not first). In which case, they are just giving us more.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    comic book resources have october solicitations and here are the 2 covers for the Daredevil omnibus, torn on which to choose

Classic: http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...ty=1&oid=79589

Alex Ross: http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...ty=1&oid=79589
    For me it's an easy call, I always get the classic cover on Silver Age Omnis. The classic cover is going to be the abundant cover, yes? That's a bit unusual is it not?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I like the classic covers on older books
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

This past weekend I re-read all of Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run and considering this trend of preludes/road to Omni's: If/when Marvel releases the run in Omnibus format, would I be the only one who'd like some sort of 'prelude to Secret Wars' or 'prelude to Avengers by Hickman' that included the Ultimates issues he did as well as the S.H.I.E.L.D. series (once the remaining issues get released)?

I seriously can't wait for Hickman's run and Aaron's Thor to be omnibized.