Page 396 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496896 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 20762

have been trying really hard to get that Rucka Wolverine but can't seem to find it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    have been trying really hard to get that Rucka Wolverine but can't seem to find it
    Here you go.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...N-TP/OCT110732

Amazing Member

Hey i just found Rob Liefeld's YouTube channel a few days ago. He's a pretty funny guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqAKRgj0bA

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Hey i just found Rob Liefeld's YouTube channel a few days ago. He's a pretty funny guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqAKRgj0bA
    What if mrjohnnykid = rob liefeld? 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    What if mrjohnnykid = rob liefeld? ��
    Then he'd run away from this thread considering how everyone would spew their venom on him.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    What if mrjohnnykid = rob liefeld? ��
    some people, I know it's mind bogling, just like Liefeld. I avoid his stuff like plague and he can be quite controversial but lot of people said nice things about him as a person.
    Also they have a huge Gipsy Danger in the background in the video so that's a plus in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Normally I don't buy enough collected editions at once to merit posting a picture of a haul, but I wanted to share this one.

Attachment 38359

This was all within the past month. The Mass Effect books from a book warehouse near Niagara Falls; the Rise of Apocalypse book from Amazon; the two New X-Men, the Hunt for Professor X, and the two Ms. Marvel books from Indigo; the X-Men Epic Collection and the two Wolverine books from a book liquidation store in Toronto (20 each for the X-Men Epic and Wolverine by Rucka, and those have $45+ cover prices); and the X-23 Complete Collection (which was released today) from my LCS.
    Nice collection. I'm assuming you already know that the New X-Men omnibus is getting a reprint this September?

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Nice collection. I'm assuming you already know that the New X-Men omnibus is getting a reprint this September?
    I'd heard, but I really don't mind paperback (and indeed I really like the Ultimate, Complete, and Epic Collection lines). And it's a bit easier to rationalize the price of three books spread out a bit over time (I bought Volume 1 a few months ago) then one really expensive book. And I just saw that the new printing of the omnibus is $140 CAD on Amazon and Indigo. These three books together came to about $85. I know there's inherent value in one being an OHC and the others being regular-sized paperbacks, but when you don't prefer hardcover (or prefer paperback), then that added cost becomes a waste.

The only hard choice was the X-Men Epic Collection, because I own those three Essential Classic X-Men books that include the entire run of Original 5 issues. But this was cheap, and in colour. So I think I'll start slowly replacing my X-Men Essentials with the Epics (plus they've announced that the Epic containing Giant-Size X-Men and X-Men 94+ will be Volume 5, so that means four Epics to collect what must be more than just X-Men 1-66 plus some reprint covers. Maybe some of what's in X-Men Masterworks Volumes 7 and 8?
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 07-28-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I'd heard, but I really don't mind paperback (and indeed I really like the Ultimate, Complete, and Epic Collection lines). And it's a bit easier to rationalize the price of three books spread out a bit over time (I bought Volume 1 a few months ago) then one really expensive book. And I just saw that the new printing of the omnibus is $140 CAD on Amazon and Indigo. These three books together came to about $85. I know there's inherent value in one being an OHC and the others being regular-sized paperbacks, but when you don't prefer hardcover (or prefer paperback), then that added cost becomes a waste.

The only hard choice was the X-Men Epic Collection, because I own those three Essential Classic X-Men books that include the entire run of Original 5 issues. But this was cheap, and in colour. So I think I'll start slowly replacing my X-Men Essentials with the Epics (plus they've announced that the Epic containing Giant-Size X-Men and X-Men 94+ will be Volume 5, so that means four Epics to collect what must be more than just X-Men 1-66 plus some reprint covers. Maybe some of what's in X-Men Masterworks Volumes 7 and 8?
    Ah ok, yeah I only brought it up because I didn't know whether you preferred hardcover and seeing as no one talks about it in this thread, I could see the omnibus reprint going over someones head.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    In my opinion, a big NO! I got the MMW 75th anniversary box set a few years ago and Dr Strange was the one book I couldn't finish. Weird stuff. Very weird. And not in a good way. It was bad silver age comics.
    Ya, I couldn't finish Lee/Ditko Strange either. The only MMW I ever just skimmed through.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Ya, I couldn't finish Lee/Ditko Strange either. The only MMW I ever just skimmed through.
    It is a very weird and trippy book, I love it cannot wait for the omnibus.

I saw in the hatchette that there's an avengers celestial quest trade on the horizon.

At first I was like, "why didn't they just put this in an Epic", but then I realized it had some old issues in it, too, for background info I would guess, hence that couldn't be an epic.

But it did make me think, why put this out now? It could be totally random, but it makes me wonder if Mantis is going to be in the GotG2 movie. Thoughts? Why else have a somewhat Mantis-centric trade come out? Perhaps gotg2 will be loosely related to the Celestial Madonna plot?
    Last edited by Rimmer; 07-28-2016 at 10:55 AM.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I saw in the hatchette that there's an avengers celestial quest trade on the horizon.
    At first I was like, "why didn't they just put this in an Epic", but then I realized it had some old issues in it too for background info, hence that couldn't be an epic.

But it did make me think, why put this out now? It could be totally random, but it makes me wonder if Mantis is going to be in the GotG2 movie. Thoughts? Why else have a somewhat Mantis-centric trade come out? Perhaps gotg2 will be loosely related to the Celestial Madonna plot?
    Mantis will be in the next Guardians move. They already cast her (Pom Klementieff) and released some concept art.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

At first I was like, "why didn't they just put this in an Epic", but then I realized it had some old issues in it, too, for background info I would guess, hence that couldn't be an epic.

Mantis has been confirmed for a while. She's going to be from Ego (the Living Planet) instead of Earth.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

So with UXM Epic Vol. 5 they've hit territory that has already been covered by the first three Omnis. However it does seem to contain some other Claremont written stories that weren't included in any of the Omnis. Have any of the other Epics, that cover material already in Omni form, included any extra era appropriate material not included in Omnis, not necessarily specific to X-Men.