Page 40 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    In my years of ordering from them, and I've not looked for this in writing on their site, I've come to interpret "In Stock" as this:
    "If it's available from our supplier(making it a 'stock-able item'), we'll have it to you if it's not physically in our warehouse."

I may have said the same thing a different way.
    Well I can say That even if its on their site dosnt mean they have it. I ordered UXM vol2 omni and a few days later they canceled it. But that was a rare case.

Btw my tracking changed magically and its comming today, what a relief

Happened to me, too. Package comes fro IST to Los Angeles, then goes to New Jersey for some reason, then back to Los Angeles. Took an extra week to get to me. Sometimes, the mailman just puts a package on the wrong truck.

Whew it came. And WOW what an amazing book. Ive only bought modern comic and this is my first "older" comic. So much more to read....and the art!!! my god what have comics come to these days. Theres no comparison!

So the last reprint of UXM vol 1(not the one comming) Is it the same build as UXM vol 2? Or is it the cheaper build with the thin paperstock? Does it have the same black/gray first page paper leaf whatever its called?

And what else do you guys consider on the same lvl story and art wise as UXM? Im just shocked how much better this time period was to now IMO

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Whew it came. And WOW what an amazing book. Ive only bought modern comic and this is my first "older" comic. So much more to read....and the art!!! my god what have comics come to these days. Theres no comparison!

So the last reprint of UXM vol 1(not the one comming) Is it the same build as UXM vol 2? Or is it the cheaper build with the thin paperstock? Does it have the same black/gray first page paper leaf whatever its called?

And what else do you guys consider on the same lvl story and art wise as UXM? Im just shocked how much better this time period was to now IMO
    Omni's have been the same quality since michelini iron man. Basically if they have the shiny non embossed cover boards that's it, quality is uniform. Prior to that they have faux leather and better paper. Story/art/writting quality vs physical quality is going to be a long rediscussion on this thread. Follow your best judgement down the rabbit hole of xmen chronology. Krisis' guide will let you know how deep u want to go.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Dumb how they do that. Although my Infinity HC is in order.
    Yeah it is, hopefully they put the issues in order for the Omnibus.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yes, they were good times. IMHO, if we're talking Omnibusses, I would say: Daredevil Miller, Captain Britain, Fantastic Four Byrne Vol. 1+2, Spider-Man Stern, Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1+2, Thor Simonson, Iron Man Michelinie Layton JRJR Vol. 1, amongst others.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, they were good times. IMHO, if we're talking Omnibusses, I would say: Daredevil Miller, Captain Britain, Fantastic Four Byrne Vol. 1+2, Spider-Man Stern, Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1+2, Thor Simonson, Iron Man Michelinie Layton JRJR Vol. 1, amongst others.
    exactly what I was looking for thanks. For starters gonna get the vyrne omnis and all the spider man omnis, gonna start with the stern one first.

And for omnibus quality. Since theres only 1 printing of UXM vol 2, is it the same build as the last printing of vol 1? If yes is it safe to assume that the new printing will be the same? and vol 3?

Trying to decide if I want to go ahead and pick up vol 1 now. I was really impressed with vol 2 and the build so want to keep all three the same quality. I know the first printing of vol 1 was the best(right?) and its quite a bit more money.

Michelinie Iron man definitely, haven't read Byrne FF but most people here said that the first volume is not as good as the second which (and the fact that the FF doesn't interest me too much) put me off.
    Squadron Supreme writing wise definitely up there or even above UXM IMHO, the art is not so much but it's not bad at all.
    I'm currently reading Doc Savage Archives: The curtis Magazin era, which was a Marvel imprint or something like that but this collection is from Dynamite. It's black and white with gray washes but it's an oversized hc (even wider than the regular hardcovers) and the stories are really good IMO, sooo much fun, true pulp adventures and the art is great. Also there are some articles and interviews as well.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

My favorites from the eighties are Daredevil by Miller and Iron Man by Michelinie by far. Simonson's Thor is very good as well though. Most others aren't really my cup of tea.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    My favorites from the eighties are Daredevil by Miller and Iron Man by Michelinie by far. Simonson's Thor is very good as well though. Most others aren't really my cup of tea.
    oh yeah, Miller DD, forgot about it since I don't like it much but I think everybody should give it a shot, I just have some problems with it. But the upcoming DD companion reprint has one of the best DD stories ever, Born again so I would say definitely get that.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

exactly what I was looking for thanks. For starters gonna get the vyrne omnis and all the spider man omnis, gonna start with the stern one first.

And for omnibus quality. Since theres only 1 printing of UXM vol 2, is it the same build as the last printing of vol 1? If yes is it safe to assume that the new printing will be the same? and vol 3?

Trying to decide if I want to go ahead and pick up vol 1 now. I was really impressed with vol 2 and the build so want to keep all three the same quality. I know the first printing of vol 1 was the best(right?) and its quite a bit more money.
    The first and second printings of UXM Vol. 1 have the thick quality paper. The 1st print is glued whereas the 2nd print is sewn. And yes, the third print is the same build as UXM vol. 2, and UXM Vol. 3 will most probably be the same.

Btw, if you're a Spidey fan, the Untold Tales of Spider-Man Omnibus and the Spider-Man Michelinie Omnibus are a must. Unfortunately, they're both OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Yeah it is, hopefully they put the issues in order for the Omnibus.
    You tease.

Spectacular Member

Well, as a new explorer, be careful with Spider-Man. There's a big difference between 60's and 80's comics, though many of us love them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm currently reading Doc Savage Archives: The curtis Magazin era, which was a Marvel imprint or something like that but this collection is from Dynamite. It's black and white with gray washes but it's an oversized hc (even wider than the regular hardcovers) and the stories are really good IMO, sooo much fun, true pulp adventures and the art is great. Also there are some articles and interviews as well.
    One of my favorite releases of the year. Absurd pulp fun. Really nice build with great binding and quality paper stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    One of my favorite releases of the year. Absurd pulp fun. Really nice build with great binding and quality paper stock.
    It's almost like the old Marvel omnibuses (not the really old ones but the ones before Michelinie Iron man).
    I want more like this!
    Every time I think I should put the book down and take a break before I overload on pulp awesomeness I turn the page and there is something like "GHOST PIRATES FROM THE BEYOND!" that keeps me want to read more.