Page 401 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    The recent Secret Wars changed a lot
    I think we're too close to it to tell, which is why I suggested a three-year distance to evaluate events.

In the year after an event it always feels like a lot of new things emerged. Siege created The Heroic Age, with big name heroes being heroes again. It brought Thor's story full circle and him back to the main Marvel fold. It did... um, other stuff? But, in retrospect I don't think it really nailed the "Change the Marvel Universe forever!" hype that most events get.

What has Secret Wars changed, so far? It took the Ultimate Universe off the table, but to 616 readers that's already a non-factor. It moved a number of new characters and concepts into the 616, but we don't know yet if they will all last. However, as I've started catching up on ANAD books, it seems to me like a lot of the big changes in the universe are more a result of having an 8 month gap both before and after Secret Wars for untold stories to exist in.

But, like I said, I think we're still too close to it. Also, maybe for you it really did change everything forever! There's certainly an amount of subjectivity that enters this equation.

To use a similar example - in 2008, would we have said the original Civil War had a lasting impact on the Marvel Universe? And, do we have that same answer now?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    House of M. The road that event sent the mutant part of the MU down was still in effect, at least up to Secret Wars, in my opinion. I haven't read anything post SW, so I don't know about currently. I think Civil War should of had a much stronger/longer impact, but Secret Invasion came in so fast and put almost everyone back on the same side.
    Completely agreed. House of M released a lot of concepts into the Universe that cannot be crammed back into the bottle - not just for X-Men, but in terms of the subjectivity of Marvel's reality and also the power level that the heroes are willing to allow any single character to possess going forward.

Ah, but what about the second part of my question - does that make you want to re-read it?

And, as I alluded to above, I feel similarly about Civil War.
    Last edited by krisis; 08-07-2016 at 07:19 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

These are out of stock at In stock trades, wonder if they are OOP or just out of stock for now.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...E-HC/JUL110719 , the TPB is still in stock but I think the HC had additional issues.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-01/SEP120677

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-02/MAY150812

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...S-HC/FEB150870

Also, http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...ing)/FEB140829 , wonder if this is going OOP now too.
    Last edited by Avengers1986; 08-08-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Mighty Member

Looks like the Onslaught Omni may be heading towards OOP. OOS @ IST and prices creeping up at CGN

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    House of M. The road that event sent the mutant part of the MU down was still in effect, at least up to Secret Wars, in my opinion. I haven't read anything post SW, so I don't know about currently. I think Civil War should of had a much stronger/longer impact, but Secret Invasion came in so fast and put almost everyone back on the same side.
    Yeah I'll second that, it is the only event that still has an impact on the way the Marvel Universe works. To the same degree I'd say that Messiah Complex also has had a long term impact on the X-Men side of the MU.

Has there been any rumors or ramblings of any sort that point to another printing or Annihilation? Omnibus or trade format, I'm dying to read this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Looks like the Onslaught Omni may be heading towards OOP. OOS @ IST and prices creeping up at CGN
    Was going to order it last 2 weeks and it was OOS. Got Avengers by Busiek Omni V.2 instead. Hopefully more stocks are coming or I'm screwed.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I thought it was going OOP so i got a copy at BookDepository 10 days ago and it took them a week to send it.

The only time it took that long was when i got Trial of Captain America and it went OOP straight after that.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Completely agreed. House of M released a lot of concepts into the Universe that cannot be crammed back into the bottle - not just for X-Men, but in terms of the subjectivity of Marvel's reality and also the power level that the heroes are willing to allow any single character to possess going forward.
    I'm so very patiently waiting for it to be Omnied.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Seconded. I think House of M would read very, very well in the Omnibus format.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jgm7v3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Seconded. I think House of M would read very, very well in the Omnibus format.
    Thirded. It's time will come at the rate the Collections Dept reprints and repackages X-material.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I have a question for you, Marvel Collectors: What Marvel event collections, with at least three years of hindsight, really did "change everything" in a way that still feels significant after the fact and makes you want to refer to and re-read them years down the line?
    I'm going to take a different approach and say the original Secret Wars, which no one has mentioned at this point.

Did it change everything? Well, yes and no. Things were changed for years (which is longer than most events) and its impact is still felt today.

Some thoughts:

For years after the event, She-Hulk was a member of the FF. In addition, the event affected the X-Men, particularly the relationship between Kitty and Peter, which was rectified until Whedon brought the two back together (as far as I know - there were a lot of bad X-Men years I didn't read).

The event was the torchbearer for all events to follow (unless you county Contest of Champions, and I don't)

The event established Dr. Doom as a legitimate bad ass. I mean, come on, prior to this Spider-Man and Luke Cage kicked his ass in single floppies. I mean the dude beat down the Beyonder.

The event established Molecule Man as a legitimate, scary bad ass. (He was a joke before this.)

The event created two characters. First: Spider-Woman. She's stuck around.

But, it led to the creation of Venom, an internationally recognized villain and hero (over the years). Seriously, how many events have actually created a character that's stuck? (I guess DC's Bloodlines led to Hitman, but I digress)

Writers - for lack of creativity - continue to use the "Secret Wars" name for other events. There was a sequel, the Bendis story line and then the Hickman run. (A lot like DC's lack of creativity and the cutesy use of "Crisis" in a number of their events.)

Pieces of the events are still mentioned today.

Anyway, my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Anyway, my two cents.
    You are right.

Incredible Member

I'm going to take a different approach and say the original Secret Wars, which no one has mentioned at this point.

Did it change everything? Well, yes and no. Things were changed for years (which is longer than most events) and its impact is still felt today.

Some thoughts:

For years after the event, She-Hulk was a member of the FF. In addition, the event affected the X-Men, particularly the relationship between Kitty and Peter, which was rectified until Whedon brought the two back together (as far as I know - there were a lot of bad X-Men years I didn't read).

The event was the torchbearer for all events to follow (unless you county Contest of Champions, and I don't)

The event established Dr. Doom as a legitimate bad ass. I mean, come on, prior to this Spider-Man and Luke Cage kicked his ass in single floppies. I mean the dude beat down the Beyonder.

The event established Molecule Man as a legitimate, scary bad ass. (He was a joke before this.)

But, it led to the creation of Venom, an internationally recognized villain and hero (over the years). Seriously, how many events have actually created a character that's stuck? (I guess DC's Bloodlines led to Hitman, but I digress)

Writers - for lack of creativity - continue to use the "Secret Wars" name for other events. There was a sequel, the Bendis story line and then the Hickman run. (A lot like DC's lack of creativity and the cutesy use of "Crisis" in a number of their events.)

Anyway, my two cents.
    Outside of the symbiote I never really thought through how much did spring from that event. What is funny though is as I was catching up on the thread I saw Krisis response to my answer about wanting to reread, and the first thing that popped into my head was Secret Wars. I just love the event; issues 11 & 12 were some of my first comics ever and it is just a great event. I could reread it countless times and enjoy it.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    These are out of stock at In stock trades, wonder if they are OOP or just out of stock for now.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...E-HC/JUL110719 , the TPB is still in stock but I think the HC had additional issues.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-01/SEP120677

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-02/MAY150812

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...S-HC/FEB150870

Also, http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...ing)/FEB140829 , wonder if this is going OOP now too.
    Avengers Vol. 2 is down to just 4 copies on Amazon, and I just bought the last copy from CGN through Amazon. Not sure of the status on the CGN main site. So that's definitely one to jump on if you wanted it.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Some thoughts:

Anyway, my two cents.

Secret Wars (and Secret Wars II) made giant crossover events a part of the Marvel Universe ever afterwards, for better or worse. So yeah, I'd agree it had perhaps the largest, most enduring change ever.