Page 409 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    But also an omnibus is guaranteed eventually.
    Agreed. With all the hype behind the character this character is currently getting, this feels like a definite OHC to Omnibus transition like Daredevil, Ms Marvel. and Guardians got. Also, the Anna Kendrick as Squirrel Girl story keeps getting brought back up instead of just being a one day trending topic, to the point where I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Nah. Oftentimes it's only the top of the ribbon that looks like that and it's glued fine down the binding. If not, it's an easy repair with pva glue.
    Agreed. My SW II is in a similar condition on the ribbon and is just fine. If you open it and the backing is detached the length of the spine then you should worry, but even then still repairable with some PVA glue, patience, a small amount of physical ability, and a long skinny paint brush.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Even with the OHC coming out I can't believe they'd let a seller like that sit out of print. Also, IST and CGN still have it, so there's no telling if Amazon being out of stock is a signal or not.

And, finally, I can't imagine the OHCs will come out very quickly, so if you wait and wind up liking it you'll always be over a year behind.
    Thanks, I didn't check there. Amazon.ca and indigo are out of stock (indigo says it's no longer available). IST and CGN are too expensive for me unfortunately. And IST orders take like 6 weeks to arrive here. I'll have to look around in comic shops if I get the chance.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by mooch View Post
    Thanks, I didn't check there. Amazon.ca and indigo are out of stock (indigo says it's no longer available). IST and CGN are too expensive for me unfortunately. And IST orders take like 6 weeks to arrive here. I'll have to look around in comic shops if I get the chance.
    You should ask a comic shop if they can order it; if they can't, it's out of stock at the Diamond level and IST/CGN are just burning off copies. If they can, you can likely just wait a few weeks for Amazon to restock it.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I finally finished reading Daredevil Volume 1 (1964), issues #1-380 & #-1, along with other DD mini-series ..........
    Great post Raffi!
    I've yet to read anything DD but it looks like the Omnis really cover the best that is out there so that's nice. (and Yellow of course)
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Noticed via fish that we have an Excalibur, New Mutants and X-Force epic collections out in March. All look like Vol 1.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Noticed via fish that we have an Excalibur, New Mutants and X-Force epic collections out in March. All look like Vol 1.
    X-Factor too! (Marvel turned that Genesis & Apocalypse TPB, delayed from this year, into their first Epic.)

All were included in the latest Hachette catalog: http://images.abovethetreeline.com/e...011_lowres.pdf

I'm excited to see which follow-up volumes will be released in each title thereafter. Hoping for some gap-fills like NM 74-83, X-Factor 12-17 & 41-59, and Excalibur 35-41.

Spectacular Member

If anyone was looking forward to the Amazing Spidey omnibus Vol 2 reprint in September, you're gonna have to wait a bit longer.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR160917

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    If anyone was looking forward to the Amazing Spidey omnibus Vol 2 reprint in September, you're gonna have to wait a bit longer.

...son of a...

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post

An extra month ain't too bad I guess. Means I'll be able to get this and UXM vol 2 around the same time.

Spectacular Member

Also new date for Black Panther masterworks 2

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR161071

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks Drakul. With regards to Daredevil Vol. 1 (1964), I suppose you could put it that way. However, if you don’t mind a bit of silver age, you can’t go far wrong picking up the Daredevil Epic Collection Vol. 1 or the Daredevil Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1 as they will feature Daredevil’s origin, first appearances of some of his most well-known enemies and a couple of gems such as Daredevil’s battle with Namor in Daredevil #7. Also, IMHO, if and when the Denny O’Neill (and all the other stuff between the Miller runs) and Karl Kesel runs get Epic Collectionised or Omnified, they’ll definitely be worth a read.
    I only collect Marvel in oversized format. It helps me be more selective. And honestly I've bought a bunch of Omnis but I've only rear like 4-5 so far. I'm super slow in my progress and I don't mind silver age but I don't think I'll buy anymore. Like I really enjoyed ASM1-2 but even though it's probably the best SA title I don't think I'll ever read it again. It's interesting from a history point of view and it's actually a good read but similarly to GA and SA Batman what I'm going to re-read is Year One, Long Halloween Killing Joke... the big ones... not the historic parts.
    So I'm starting to really think twice about ordering things. I don't want to miss out on Omnis but at the same time if I'm only going to read them once and never again, what's the point?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    I only collect Marvel in oversized format. It helps me be more selective. And honestly I've bought a bunch of Omnis but I've only rear like 4-5 so far. I'm super slow in my progress and I don't mind silver age but I don't think I'll buy anymore. Like I really enjoyed ASM1-2 but even though it's probably the best SA title I don't think I'll ever read it again. It's interesting from a history point of view and it's actually a good read but similarly to GA and SA Batman what I'm going to re-read is Year One, Long Halloween Killing Joke... the big ones... not the historic parts.
    So I'm starting to really think twice about ordering things. I don't want to miss out on Omnis but at the same time if I'm only going to read them once and never again, what's the point?
    I say if you are interested in something keep buying. Maybe 10 years down the line you will be craving for some SA books and will reread ASM. I find myself reading stuff now that I couldn't imagine reading 5-6 years ago and wanting to revisit old books that I thought I won't touch for 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I say if you are interested in something keep buying. Maybe 10 years down the line you will be craving for some SA books and will reread ASM. I find myself reading stuff now that I couldn't imagine reading 5-6 years ago and wanting to revisit old books that I thought I won't touch for 10-15 years.
    ASM is unique in that respect I think. For some reason you can read it over and over and never get tired of it. Something like SA X-Men, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    ASM is unique in that respect I think. For some reason you can read it over and over and never get tired of it. Something like SA X-Men, not so much.
    have the first omnibus but haven't read it yet. But I had a last with the first Dr Strange MMW. Probably it depends on your memory as well, I tend to forget stuff so I like to revisit stories from time to time (same with movies and books).