Page 423 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kowfish View Post
    That looks amazing. Probably awkward when lined up on a shelf next to the rest of the spines, but beautiful nonetheless.
    I don't really mind it much either. To me it is not much worse than the Busiek Avengers spines. Aside from the red omnibus banner at the top, which is present, shelf uniformity went out the window a long time ago imo.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Kowfish View Post
    That looks amazing. Probably awkward when lined up on a shelf next to the rest of the spines, but beautiful nonetheless.
    Agreed. It looks nice.

I am really hoping the spine to the Spidey Clone Sage Omani out next month is in the same style as omnibus Vol 1,2 Stern and McFarlane. It will bug me if not. Damn OCD

Does anybody know if there are plans for a 3rd Power Man and Iron fist Epic Collection? I'm getting the 2nd one next month and since there would only be 35 issues left to collect, I imagine they would collect it and wrap it soon? Since the netflix shows too? Really want them to just complete something for once and I particularly like this series. It has been a year in between the two epics so probably no time soon...

Ms Marvel omnibus.

TB2KBKvbXHzQeBjSZFmXXbcDVXa_!!88775388.jpg

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 Hardcover

TB2kzMKXA6z11Bjy0FoXXbvkpXa_!!88775388.jpg
    Last edited by harrycuong; 09-18-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Spectacular Member

West Coast Avengers, yay or nay? Thinking about trying to pick up the Omnis before they get any harder to find.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    West Coast Avengers, yay or nay? Thinking about trying to pick up the Omnis before they get any harder to find.
    They are just fun Bronze Age super hero books. They were release day buys for me. I would say the Avengers by Byrne (I consider it a WCA volume) is a definite buy due to the Scarlet Witch events. A couple big ones that are attributed to her breakdown happens in that volume.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Does anybody know if there are plans for a 3rd Power Man and Iron fist Epic Collection? I'm getting the 2nd one next month and since there would only be 35 issues left to collect, I imagine they would collect it and wrap it soon? Since the netflix shows too? Really want them to just complete something for once and I particularly like this series. It has been a year in between the two epics so probably no time soon...
    Marvel has yet to solicit a third volume, but there's no reason to think they wouldn't solicit a third and fourth in subsequent years - especially with both characters in play on Netflix and this Epic line including them both! In fact, there's hardly anything left to collect in color for either of them aside from the initial run of Power Man that precedes PM&IF - Marvel has blown through most of their 90s material in the past few years.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Ms Marvel omnibus.

I'm still a bit surprised they are releasing an omnibus of Ms Marvel so soon. Seems like the second OHC just came out a few months ago. Has anybody here read any of it? I've heard a lot of great things about it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. New teenage heroes usually are not my thing anymore, but again, with so much positive buzz I keep thinking I should check it out.

On another note, I really don't like seeing any sort of critics endorsement printed on the front covers of collections. If it's on the back cover, then fine, whatever, but it's a real peeve of mine seeing them on the front.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    I'm still a bit surprised they are releasing an omnibus of Ms Marvel so soon. Seems like the second OHC just came out a few months ago. Has anybody here read any of it? I've heard a lot of great things about it, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. New teenage heroes usually are not my thing anymore, but again, with so much positive buzz I keep thinking I should check it out.

On another note, I really don't like seeing any sort of critics endorsement printed on the front covers of collections. If it's on the back cover, then fine, whatever, but it's a real peeve of mine seeing them on the front.
    I must be in the minority here because I just don't (and still don't get) the appeal of her. Maybe I should try her series again. Sometimes I like books better the second time around.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Marvel has yet to solicit a third volume, but there's no reason to think they wouldn't solicit a third and fourth in subsequent years - especially with both characters in play on Netflix and this Epic line including them both! In fact, there's hardly anything left to collect in color for either of them aside from the initial run of Power Man that precedes PM&IF - Marvel has blown through most of their 90s material in the past few years.
    Yea, I'd like for them to collect Power Man in Epics. I have the Iron Fist Epic. Hopefully they get them out to us. Actually gonna get the first two PM&IF epics custom bound together with a Omnibus style Dust jacket. Will post pics when I get that done.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    Marvel had a lot of good takes on heroes taking on a mantle of a beloved legacy character in now. Nova was okay. Ghost Rider was magnificently slept on. But, Ms. Marvel was an actual classic. Yeah, maybe the actual super-hero-ing bits were a little soft towards the end of the run, but it got the feeling of being a new hero so right AND also addressed some truly interesting aspects of assimilation into American culture for a 1st generation citizen.

But, real talk: If you don't think you'll like the cultural aspect of it please for the love of Stan Lee read the first Ghost Rider trade, it's SO GOOD.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I must be in the minority here because I just don't (and still don't get) the appeal of her. Maybe I should try her series again. Sometimes I like books better the second time around.
    I thought it was the first time in a modern Marvel book they were able to capture that early ASM vibe. Slightly ackward teen gets powers thrust upon them, they try to deal with life and powers, both getting in the way of each other. There is an intimacy to these stories that previous attempts to replicate the Spider-Man formula missed.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Glad to have the Dr.Strange vol.1 Omni hit today.

That said, still not seeing a listing for Master of Kung-Fu vol.2 this week or next?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Ms Marvel omnibus.

Do you have Deadly Hands of Kung Fu? That's the same release date as Ms Marvel.

Thanks
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 09-19-2016 at 09:38 AM.