Page 424 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434474524924 ... LastLast
Results 6,346 to 6,360 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Marvel had a lot of good takes on heroes taking on a mantle of a beloved legacy character in now. Nova was okay. Ghost Rider was magnificently slept on. But, Ms. Marvel was an actual classic. Yeah, maybe the actual super-hero-ing bits were a little soft towards the end of the run, but it got the feeling of being a new hero so right AND also addressed some truly interesting aspects of assimilation into American culture for a 1st generation citizen.

But, real talk: If you don't think you'll like the cultural aspect of it please for the love of Stan Lee read the first Ghost Rider trade, it's SO GOOD.
    I'll probably cave and grab the first Ms Marvel hardcover here soon. I completely forgot about that Ghost Rider series. Is that the one drawn by Tradd Moore? His art is very energetic, I can see it working well on Ghost Rider.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Glad to have the Dr.Strange vol.1 Omni hit today.

That said, still not seeing a listing for Master of Kung-Fu vol.2 this week or next?
    CGN has updated their listings for MoKF v2 to reflect a release date of 9/27 now. Perhaps this is indicative of a week-to-week slip with no known revised date?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Lots of Marvel books have been a week or two late recently, I just expect it these days
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    I'll probably cave and grab the first Ms Marvel hardcover here soon. I completely forgot about that Ghost Rider series. Is that the one drawn by Tradd Moore? His art is very energetic, I can see it working well on Ghost Rider.
    I think Tradd Moore's art can be quite polarising, I have a friend who despises his stuff but I just loved it on Luther Strode and ghost Rider. Stopped following GR when Damion Scott took over (and I actually used to quite like Scott but after Moore it was quite a letdown).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    CGN has updated their listings for MoKF v2 to reflect a release date of 9/27 now. Perhaps this is indicative of a week-to-week slip with no known revised date?
    Thanks. CGN moved the goalposts from last week to this week when the book didn't come out. Seems that's all they've done again.
    Seems like we'll just have to stay vigilant on it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I didn't find anything special about Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. I don't understand the praise. It was very bland comics. Very paint-by-numbers superhero. Not particularly poor, but nothing distinguished.

It's hard to find any good Ghost Rider, so maybe that's it? That it didn't completely suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    It's not showing up in the previews for next week, so we probably shouldn't hold our breath

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I didn't find anything special about Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider. I don't understand the praise. It was very bland comics. Very paint-by-numbers superhero. Not particularly poor, but nothing distinguished.

It's hard to find any good Ghost Rider, so maybe that's it? That it didn't completely suck?
    I liked the young carer aspect. That isnt something that I can remember seeing before.

Shame they decided against bothering with it for the AoA character.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I liked the young carer aspect. That isnt something that I can remember seeing before.

Shame they decided against bothering with it for the AoA character.

Spider-man is a young carer for Aunt May.

Slightly different circumstances but same drama we've seen over and over with other, stronger characters, I feel. Maybe if the Hyde story had been more interesting, or we'd spent more time in Robbie's head (he felt like a ghost himself, just walking through the motions), or the art had been less cartoony it might have connected with me. It didn't suffer from distractingly poor writing or anything. Just kind of hollow and bland.

So I just preordered the X-23 Complete Collection Volume 2. I believe between those two CCs (and NYX) that's the bulk of the X-23 stories covered (that aren't part of major teams like X-Force or the New X-Men).

Preordered through my LCS: $35 CAD instead of $45 CAD on Amazon (cover price is $40 USD or $52 CAD).

It's also my last preordered collected edition for a while. My wife and I are compromising on reducing some of our personal expenditures, given the upcoming addition of a new member to our family. This involves fewer comic purchases overall, and I buy so few collected editions that this is an easy one to cut.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    So I just preordered the X-23 Complete Collection Volume 2. I believe between those two CCs (and NYX) that's the bulk of the X-23 stories covered (that aren't part of major teams like X-Force or the New X-Men).

Preordered through my LCS: $35 CAD instead of $45 CAD on Amazon (cover price is $40 USD or $52 CAD).

It's also my last preordered collected edition for a while. My wife and I are compromising on reducing some of our personal expenditures, given the upcoming addition of a new member to our family. This involves fewer comic purchases overall, and I buy so few collected editions that this is an easy one to cut.
    If you mean what I think you do, then congratulations.
    Cyclops was right

All-New Member

Sorry if I missed the discussion on this already but I just saw on the Book Depository site that there is a pre-order for Brubaker's first Captain America omnibus. ( to be released at the end of December)
    Is that legit?
    Maybe Marvel will be rereleasing Death of and Lives.
    Fingers crossed!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpg View Post
    Sorry if I missed the discussion on this already but I just saw on the Book Depository site that there is a pre-order for Brubaker's first Captain America omnibus. ( to be released at the end of December)
    Is that legit?
    Maybe Marvel will be rereleasing Death of and Lives.
    Fingers crossed!
    It's not on amazon or in the catalogue, so I'd say no.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Assuming you're referring to a baby and not one of your in-laws moving in with you, Congrats! Mileage may vary, but I can give you a bit of my experience. When we found out we were having twins, I did the same thing. Called up my LCS and immediately cancelled my pull list. BUT, it wasn't too long after they were born that I started up again with comics. I thought money was going to be an issue (and it still was to some degree) but I hadn't accounted for the fact that I would essentially not be leaving the house except for going to work. No more eating out at restaurants, going to movies, theater, concerts, coffee shops, bars. No more going out to clothes shop or basically any shopping for ourselves. So I picked up comics again since I could just do a pre-order online from DCBS once a month. And being able to have a satisfying entertainment experience during a 15-20 minute windows of free time I would occasionally have, made a big difference. It was much easier to find time to read a comic during the course of a day than it was to watch a TV episode or movie. And I also found it impossible to read prose during the first couple years because I would fall asleep immediately from exhaustion. Maybe because of the visual element, I was able to read a comic without that problem. Anyway, good luck to you!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kowfish View Post
    RE: Master of Kung-Fu volume 2
    It's not showing up in the previews for next week, so we probably shouldn't hold our breath
    Agreed. For those of us wanting to get the Direct Cover we will have to just keep vigilante on Previews/Diamonds and our online outlets the next few weeks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime