Page 429 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529929 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 20773
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Crossovers are the bane of comics. At least when they're done for the wrong reasons like to prop up crappily selling titles that are selling like crap because they are crap that no one wants (see: Suicide Squad Janus Directive) and go on forever (see: Suicide Squad Janus Directive) and have whole issues branded as being part of the crossover but actually nothing consequential to do with it (see: Suicide Squad Janus Directive). Okay, okay, but really, that one's egregiously bad. Atlantis Attacks is just a bad story but the form of it (done in annuals outside the main book) at least is fair. Can always just consider them extras.

I wonder if Civil War II is convincing Marvel they need to rest the event train for a year or so . . . . who am I kidding . . .

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this book. I really liked it up until the crossovers, especially AA started. That one was just useless. But I'm like a 100pages from finishing it and the last 3 issues were written by Roy Thomas and it wasn't bad but it just lost steam for me. Feels like Byrne was just figuring out stuff as the story went along and not sure if I care about the end anymore.
    Although the crossovers might just soured me a bit and I just need a break from the book (which I took). But I remember REALLY freakin hating the crossovers in the New Warriors omnibus but I've finished that one and after the crossovers I enjoyed it just as much as before (and wish there would be a vol2 ).
    I'm hoping for a New Warriors volume 2 as well.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    This is off the top of my head so I'm probably forgetting something and some you may already know about.

Master of Kung Fu, vols 2-4
    Deadly Hands of Kung Fu
    Amazing Spider-Man v2 reprint
    Amazing Spider-Man Clone Saga
    Uncanny X-Men v2 reprint
    Ms Marvel v1
    War of Kings
    Realm of Kings
    Prelude to War of Kings
    Daredevil v1 (silver age)
    Daredevil Brubaker v1 reprint
    Daredevil Waid v1
    Thanks a mill! Doesn't look like I missed out on anything other than Waid's omni.

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    I'm hoping for a New Warriors volume 2 as well.
    pretty unlikely I would say. Maybe an epic. Hopefully.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Marvel Masterworks Ant-Man/Giant-Man Vol. 1 HC:
    https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...rvelmasterw-20

Marvel Masterworks Ant-Man/Giant-Man Vol. 2 HC:
    https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...rvelmasterw-20

Ant-Man/Giant-Man Epic Collection Vol. 1 TPB:
    https://www.amazon.com/Ant-Man-Giant...pic+collection
    I'm planning to buy these soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    Am I the only one excited for the Clone Saga omni next month?! ��

Anyone seen a final cover image, as I assume the one shown so far will at least have the text removed?
    I'm excited. Less so about having to figure how I'm going to make room on my shelves....
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    Am I the only one excited for the Clone Saga omni next month?! ��

Anyone seen a final cover image, as I assume the one shown so far will at least have the text removed?
    Count me among the excited for Clone Saga Omni!

When I get Shang Chi vol.2 and Clone Saga Omni I'll be on hiatus buying for a bit.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Thanks a mill! Doesn't look like I missed out on anything other than Waid's omni.
    Looking at that list, here's a few others I forgot.

Alpha Flight by Byrne
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Valentino
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Bendis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Count me among the excited for Clone Saga Omni!

When I get Shang Chi vol.2 and Clone Saga Omni I'll be on hiatus buying for a bit.
    Yeah those two are my big buys for next month! I enjoyed the first half of MOKF volume 1 well enough, but I LOVED the second half. If it maintains that level throughout it'll be some run!

So CGN had the DM cover of Shang Chi vol. 2 on their site this entire time for $69, but you couldn't pre-order, nor was there any way to lock it in at that price - all you could do was add it to your "wish list", and now on the day that it's actually available for purchase, they jack it up to $100. Unbelievable!

"Cheap" graphic novels my ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    So CGN had the DM cover of Shang Chi vol. 2 on their site this entire time for $69, but you couldn't pre-order, nor was there any way to lock it in at that price - all you could do was add it to your "wish list", and now on the day that it's actually available for purchase, they jack it up to $100. Unbelievable!

Thats really infuriating.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

You need to be sitting on IST for these things. The catch is you need to be at your computer in the first few hours it drops(approximately 3pm Eastern Standard Time) cause once the DM cover is gone, it's gone. But the reward for your diligence is still getting it for the same discount as the Regular cover.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    You need to be sitting on IST for these things. The catch is you need to be at your computer in the first few hours it drops(approximately 3pm Eastern Standard Time) cause once the DM cover is gone, it's gone. But the reward for your diligence is still getting it for the same discount as the Regular cover.
    Even IST has been reducing the discount on DM covers, but nowhere near that big a drop. I was doing just this action last week for the Dr. Strange DM and it was "only" 46% off not 50 like the regular cover.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

CGN hasn't offered pre-orders for well over a year. That is frustrating that they change the price the day of, but I guess they feel there is enough demand to put it at cover price.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Did anyone else see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Apologies if this is old news, but an Alpha Flight omnibus is scheduled to be released 2/14 according to Amazon.

COLLECTING: X-MEN (1963) 109, 120-121, 139-140; INCREDIBLE HULK ANNUAL 8; MACHINE MAN (1978) 18; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) 83-84; INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) 272, 313; ALPHA FLIGHT (1983) 1-29; X-MEN AND ALPHA FLIGHT (1985) 1-2; X-MEN/ALPHA FLIGHT (1998) 1-2; MATERIAL FROM MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL 7

I think I'm definitely going to have to get myself a Valentine's gift, lol.
    I didn't know Marvel was doing an AF omni. That's one more I'm getting. Now I don't know what to do with my singles.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor