Page 437 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537937 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

I ordered mine today from IST. Should arrive in a few days!
    Thanks dude

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    I'm still just trying to figure out why Marvel isn't releasing the Prelude to WoK first instead of last. Heaven forbid that people might want to read this in order. Let's release v2, then v3, then v1 six months later. Makes a ton of sense.
    Well...

There's kind of a precedent there. I suppose their rationale goes, if they release a main event and it sells well, folks might want to read the lead-in issues. They did the same thing many times over already. Specifically I'm thinking of the Onslaught Epic TPs, then the "Road to Onslaught" TPs which came much later. See also: Age of Apocalypse back in the day when the first run of TPs were coming out.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    I'm still just trying to figure out why Marvel isn't releasing the Prelude to WoK first instead of last. Heaven forbid that people might want to read this in order. Let's release v2, then v3, then v1 six months later. Makes a ton of sense.
    Probably because they never intended to release the prologue omnibus at all so it was an afterthought. This is an educated guess based on comments made by people who work for the Marvel collected editions department on another message board. Fans there made a really good case for it and then it suddenly appeared.

Of course Marvel is never going to confirm that fan feedback got a book solicited because that will encourage all sorts of behavior they don't want to deal with (and probably honestly wouldn't be good for the collecting scene), but I'm certain this is what happened.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Anyone know why All New X-Men Annual #1 wasn't included in the deluxe editions?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Anyone know why All New X-Men Annual #1 wasn't included in the deluxe editions?
    It was a two part story with Uncanny X-Men Annual #1 about an UXM character, so it will be in the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 deluxe edition in December.

I've been looking into preordering/ordering the ASM Omnibus Volume 2 (in the UK) and the prices vary quite a lot.

Speedyhen = £45.00
    Forbiddenplanet.com = £61.99
    Forbiddenplantet.co.uk = £60.29
    Wordery = £74.31
    Book Depository = £74.73
    Reed Comics = £69.99
    Waterstones = £83.50

Obviously Speedyhen is way out in front on price, but their packaging isn't great, and they use Yodel to deliver, who are shocking. However, is it worth spending nearly £20 more just to get the book in better packaging? Tough decision!
    Last edited by FluffySheep; 10-07-2016 at 03:51 AM.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

For what it's worth I've never had any problem with Speedyhen's packaging and all I've ever bought from them is Omniboo. Beside, customer rights are on your side. If the book gets wrecked, you'll get a replacement or a refund.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've been looking into preordering/ordering the ASM Omnibus Volume 2 (in the UK) and the prices vary quite a lot.

Speedyhen = £45.00
    Wordery = £74.31
    Book Depository = £74.73
    Reed Comics = £69.99
    Waterstones = £83.50

Obviously Speedyhen is way out in front on price, but their packaging isn't great, and they use Yodel to deliver, who are shocking. However, is it worth spending nearly £20 more just to get the book in better packaging? Tough decision!
    Tough call.

Yodel have to rank as the worst delivery service/courier in the world. I doubt you can get worse. You could risk ordering it through Speedyhen and if it arrives damaged, go through the regular email replies responding that you'd rather receive a replacement than accept their (measly) refund when keeping the book and in addition request that they deliver the replacement through an alternative courier service such as TNT. That's what I did "several" times and they agreed. I now generally steer clear of Speedyhen as it's too much of a hassle having someone from my family wait around the whole day for the courier to pick up the damaged book and then hope the replacement comes in one piece, in addition to all the email correspondence.

Alternatively, you could wait for it to eventually appear on amazon.co.uk and their marketplace sellers or try and get it a good price through flubit.com. That's what I've done in the past. Generally, when flubit have found me a better price and Wordery is the supplier, I've gone for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    For what it's worth I've never had any problem with Speedyhen's packaging and all I've ever bought from them is Omniboo. Beside, customer rights are on your side. If the book gets wrecked, you'll get a replacement or a refund.
    I've not had any problems buying small trades from them, as they send them in the same cardboard envelopes that Amazon etc. use. The biggest book I've ordered from them was the Invincible Compendium, which did come creased and pinched from the packaging not being great. I didn't mind too much as that book is a paperback, so I wasn't expecting to keep it in immaculate condition anyway, but with the ASM omnibus, I'd like it as perfect as possible, but it's nice to hear that you've had no problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Tough call.

Yodel have to rank as the worst delivery service/courier in the world. I doubt you can get worse. You could risk ordering it through Speedyhen and if it arrives damaged, go through the regular email replies responding that you'd rather receive a replacement than accept their (measly) refund when keeping the book and in addition request that they deliver the replacement through an alternative courier service such as TNT. That's what I did "several" times and they agreed. I now generally steer clear of Speedyhen as it's too much of a hassle having someone from my family wait around the whole day for the courier to pick up the damaged book and then hope the replacement comes in one piece, in addition to all the email correspondence.

Alternatively, you could wait for it to eventually appear on amazon.co.uk and their marketplace sellers or try and get it a good price through flubit.com. That's what I've done in the past. Generally, when flubit have found me a better price and Wordery is the supplier, I've gone for it.
    I do keep checking amazon.co.uk and I was wondering why it's taking them so long to put it on their site? I'm wary of waiting too long to preorder/order in case it goes out of stock quickly and I won't be able to get volume 2...again. Although I may be overestimating how fast it will sell!

Speedyhen = £45.00
    Wordery = £74.31
    Book Depository = £74.73
    Reed Comics = £69.99
    Waterstones = £83.50

instead of spending £20 on packaging just spend that money on more books from speedyhen so they will have to put everything in a big box with padding. Although they managed to package a few paperbacks in a weird way not so long ago and they got just a teeny wee bit damaged but I think if you put an omnibus and two chunky trades in they will have no choice but to use a proper box. When they had some coupons and reasonable prices (like 6months ago) I usually did a big 60-90 quid order every few weeks with in stock items.

or keep checking amazon and use flubit to get a better price. things are getting to the UK late in the last few months. It's a bit irritating.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    It was a two part story with Uncanny X-Men Annual #1 about an UXM character, so it will be in the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 deluxe edition in December.
    Oh, cool. Thanks!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

From the Marvel Retailer panel at NYCC:

15:01
    Marvel will also publish two "Monsterbus" collections with the original Marvel Monster stories from the 50s and 60s.

15:00
    Monsters Unleashed will receive a "Monster Sized" hardcover collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    instead of spending £20 on packaging just spend that money on more books from speedyhen so they will have to put everything in a big box with padding. Although they managed to package a few paperbacks in a weird way not so long ago and they got just a teeny wee bit damaged but I think if you put an omnibus and two chunky trades in they will have no choice but to use a proper box. When they had some coupons and reasonable prices (like 6months ago) I usually did a big 60-90 quid order every few weeks with in stock items.

or keep checking amazon and use flubit to get a better price. things are getting to the UK late in the last few months. It's a bit irritating.
    That's a good idea! More books for me

I've just signed up to flubit. Is it normal for it to take around 4 hours to create an offer?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Speedyhen = £45.00
    Wordery = £74.31
    Book Depository = £74.73
    Reed Comics = £69.99
    Waterstones = £83.50

Speedy dont use Yodel anymore. They switched to Royal Mail about a month ago.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God