Page 439 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539939 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

IST have restocked the Onslaught Omnibus for those still looking to buy it. Just put my order in just now.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    From the Marvel Retailer panel at NYCC:

15:01
    Marvel will also publish two "Monsterbus" collections with the original Marvel Monster stories from the 50s and 60s.

15:00
    Monsters Unleashed will receive a "Monster Sized" hardcover collection.
    I'm interested to see the contents on this material. Quite interested.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    My latest accumulated Marvel Collected haul:

Excuse the out of focus pic.
    Wow, that's some really good reading there! Great haul!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    So does anyone know what the spine of the clone saga omnibus is like ?
    Also the content... I know it has a taken a lot of stick but I am really tempted to buy this as I don't have any real Spider-Man series and as bad as it may be it is a "complete" story.

Spectacular Member

So does anyone know what the spine of the clone saga omnibus is like ?
    Here's the spine:
    IMG_0932.jpg

Here's the spine:
    IMG_0932.jpg
    Nice one dude, thanks

Nice one dude, thanks
    Can anyone else with a copy of the Clone Sage Omnibus confirm that their copy also does not have a table of contents and mine is not just a reject? Why would they leave this out, don't all their omnis have a TOC?

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    Can anyone else with a copy of the Clone Sage Omnibus confirm that their copy also does not have a table of contents and mine is not just a reject? Why would they leave this out, don't all their omnis have a TOC?
    From the MMW MB a few days ago:

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...5#.V_ui3vkrJhE

Placeyouhide: "someone said that the table of contents is missing and the cover of the first issue is missing too. Can you check your copy and see if it is true??"

Jephyork: "Someone" is dopey. There is no table of contents. Most collections don't have them. Only Epic TPBs, and Omniboo of classic (1960s-1980s) material, have tables of contents. The book begins with 33 pages of excerpted subplot pages -- there's no cover preceding that section. The first cover should appear on page 38, preceding the first complete issue (Web #117)."

Jeph York works in the collected editions department at Marvel (check him out in the credits pages). He posts over there semi-frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    From the MMW MB a few days ago:

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...5#.V_ui3vkrJhE

Placeyouhide: "someone said that the table of contents is missing and the cover of the first issue is missing too. Can you check your copy and see if it is true??"

Jephyork: "Someone" is dopey. There is no table of contents. Most collections don't have them. Only Epic TPBs, and Omniboo of classic (1960s-1980s) material, have tables of contents. The book begins with 33 pages of excerpted subplot pages -- there's no cover preceding that section. The first cover should appear on page 38, preceding the first complete issue (Web #117)."

Jeph York works in the collected editions department at Marvel (check him out in the credits pages). He posts over there semi-frequently.
    Gotcha. Thanks for calling me dopey, guy. Pretty sure I have other collected editions that are not classics that have TOCs, and to me, there's no logical reason why they shouldn't--it's always a nice feature. Though I'm not as big of a collector as a lot of you guys and have more non-Marvel stuff than Marvel stuff, so i don't necessarily know what's "normal" for Marvel.
    I haven't dived into the book yet--just a quick thumb-through--so it's good to hear the explanation of the initial pages. Thanks!
    Last edited by beastmaster283; 10-10-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Also the content... I know it has a taken a lot of stick but I am really tempted to buy this as I don't have any real Spider-Man series and as bad as it may be it is a "complete" story.
    Let me re-paste my reply on this same question from 8/15/16 on these boards:

---
    I'm gonna make this "short" because I could go on and on about this for hours.

#1 - The clone saga STARTED great! Lots of mysterious things going on, lots of old characters coming back, new villains being introduced and it was neat to see what the clone had been up to in the last 19 years (5 years comic time). The beginning of the clone saga up thru ASM #400 is pretty good stuff. Even for early 1990s Marvel. Maybe you could extend the good part thru the reveal issue of Spec #226. But the gap between ASM #400 and Spec #226 had some pretty pitiful filler material for a few months (Trial of Peter Parker...ugh).

#2 - Allegedly (based on some info I've read by Tom DeFalco & Howard Mackie) the clone saga event was originally supposed to peak around ASM #400 with the death of Aunt May, the revelation that she knew Pete was Spidey all along and blessed him for it, and the reveal that Pete was the clone and Ben was the "real" Peter Parker. Then things would have hummed along for roughly six months when they'd do another reveal and restore Pete as the one, true, Spider-Man and all would be great. Maybe the clone would even be spun off into his own new series (similar things were happening then back at Marvel & DC: Thor/Thunderstrike, Superman/Superboy/Steel, Batman/Azreal, etc so there was a precedent). When Ben was revealed as the one, true, Spidey in Spec #226 things went off the rails, readers dropped the books, and things turned very sour.

#3 - Because marketing got involved, they demanded that the story line keep going-and-going and it got so convoluted that no one knew what to do with it. Not the editors, not marketing, certainly not the writers. The middle third of the story line is basically one long padded out story that goes no where, and contains many VERY BAD comics. Some of the Ben as Spidey stuff is ok (the Spider-Carnage arc you mention is one), and Dan Jurgens had already started machinations to return Peter as the original Spidey (over in his book, Sensational Spider-Man, by introducing a skeleton that had been found by Ben & Pete which was also apparently a clone of Spider-Man). Some of Jurgens' Senational Spidey stuff was good but you could tell editorial wanted him to tread water and as a result he never resolved the skeleton story line and eventually left after only 7 issues due to editorial meddling.

#4 After almost 2 years, in fall 1996, the conclusion finally came with the Revelations story arc which revealed Norman Osborn had been behind the entire thing (ugh) and Pete was once again Spidey with Ben dying in battle with the Green Goblin and degenerating into a pile of dust (double ugh). In-and-of-itself the Revelations arc wasn't that bad, the problem was it didn't explain anything. You had to wait until another one shot comic was published, post-climax, called the Goblin Journal (or something like that) to learn how Normal did all he claimed to do, and how he'd manipulated everything from behind the scenes since his death in the classic ASM #121-122.

So to summarize: It started pretty great, went off the rails with the revelation that Ben was actually the true Peter Parker, messed around for another year and a half's worth of bad, bad, 1990s comics then finally concluded in an ok story, if you add in the Goblin Journal with all the explanations.
    ---

Sadly with all the great Spider-Man stories that have gone uncollected in omnibus edition (no York, I don't call them omniboo) Marvel decided to collect these pieces of **** stories.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks for calling me dopey, guy. Pretty sure I have other collected editions that are not classics that have TOCs, and to me, there's no logical reason why they shouldn't--it's always a nice feature. Though I'm not as big of a collector as a lot of you guys and have more non-Marvel stuff than Marvel stuff, so i don't necessarily know what's "normal" for Marvel.
    I haven't dived into the book yet--just a quick thumb-through--so it's good to hear the explanation of the initial pages. Thanks!
    You're not dopey and wishing for a TOC in such an Omni as the Clone Saga is a legitimate request. Reading his posts on the MMW Board, I get the impression that Jeph York can come across very "high horsey". Cory Seidlmeier seems a much more down to earth guy when replying to requests/questions.

I'll be ordering the Clone Saga Omni because it's Spider-Man, it's oversized and an Omni. It would have been cool to get a TOC, though and I just hope they don't kill it at Vol. 1.

I just ordered Clone Saga vol 1 . Thanks for reminding me it came out
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Here's the spine:
    IMG_0932.jpg
    Hey dude. Thanks again for the pic. Any chance you could throw some more up of the book. What's the cover like under the dust cover. Back. Front. Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Is there any chance someone can remind me of the link that shows what books are still in print and which ones aren't please? I'm trying to find Amazing Spider-man Danger Zone in TPB and can't find it anywhere (for a normal price at least). I've had no problem getting all of the other trades in the Big Time run and only need this one to finish the set.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"