Page 44 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854941445441044 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Finally got around to trying this out. Works great. Thanks for the tip!
    No problem, however stuff from Valiant and other publishers do not appear under those because for some reason they haven't added a Valiant section, but usually I just search up valiant entertainment and search by publication date

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This was posted in the Facebook Omni group. Kinda surprised no one else has cross posted it here. Hope I'm not wrong for doing so.
    Early sneak peeks at pages of the Master of Kung-Fu vol.1 Omnibus
    Contents for the first volume include:

• Special Marvel Edition #15-16
    • Master of Kung Fu #17-37
    • Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #1-4
    • Giant-Size Spider-Man #2
    • The Midnight backup story from Iron Man Annual #4

Master of Kung-Fu 1.jpg
    Master of Kung-Fu 2.jpg
    Master of Kung-Fu 3.jpg

Plenty more preview images at the link!! I'm even more enthralled at this series now that these pages are out there!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I hope they release all four at once.

Gulacy really is a master, is there a reason he doesn't get more praise?

Incredible Member

Has anyone had any problems with their copy of the Alias Omnibus? Mine seems to have a big problem with the way the text was printed. There are cyan/blue and magenta/red shadows to some of the text bubbles/captions. Some are practically seeing double, others are just slightly off but you can still get a slight magenta/red or cyan/blue glow from them. Maybe there's yellow too, but my eyes aren't picking that up against the white. It's not every single page but it's enough that even the slightest errors have become noticeable to my eyes.

My copy is from the recent reprint (2nd edition), first printing. I checked torrented scans of the actual single issue comics and didn't see a problem there. I'm guessing I just got a poor quality copy where the printing press was misaligned when printing the CMYK coloring to make black. I guess I'm just wondering whether this is a wide problem with the Alias Omnibus so it wouldn't be worth the time to replace it, or if it's just my copy and if I replace it, chances are the replacement will be fine.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with their copy of the Alias Omnibus? Mine seems to have a big problem with the way the text was printed. There are cyan/blue and magenta/red shadows to some of the text bubbles/captions. Some are practically seeing double, others are just slightly off but you can still get a slight magenta/red or cyan/blue glow from them. Maybe there's yellow too, but my eyes aren't picking that up against the white. It's not every single page but it's enough that even the slightest errors have become noticeable to my eyes.

My copy is from the recent reprint (2nd edition), first printing. I checked torrented scans of the actual single issue comics and didn't see a problem there. I'm guessing I just got a poor quality copy where the printing press was misaligned when printing the CMYK coloring to make black. I guess I'm just wondering whether this is a wide problem with the Alias Omnibus so it wouldn't be worth the time to replace it, or if it's just my copy and if I replace it, chances are the replacement will be fine.
    I also have the second edition and mine was fine.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I also have the second edition and mine was fine.
    I don't recall an issue like that with mine either.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Like Brewman and mooch, mine was just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I hope they release all four at once.

Gulacy really is a master, is there a reason he doesn't get more praise?
    I think he gets too much praise. I still have nightmares because of his Batman and Catwoman work, one of my most hated artists (and I only mean his art, don't know anything about him as a person, probably a nice guy).
    I've read a Jonah Hex issue that was alright but otherwise horrendous stuff IMO. This is no exception but still better than his later stuff.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I have no interest in Kung Fu, be it from deadly hands or otherwise. Four volumes of it also seems a little bit like overkill, but certainly if people want it, I'm happy for them that they are going to get it.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I have no interest in Kung Fu, be it from deadly hands or otherwise. Four volumes of it also seems a little bit like overkill, but certainly if people want it, I'm happy for them that they are going to get it.
    100% Agree. Folks on the MMW boards are flipping out, but I have to wonder if they're flipping out over the material/stories themselves, or flipping out because this is something they never thought they'd get. I have no desire for this, but again, if others are all for it, great. It's the same for folks' pining for ROM, Micronauts, and others... I have no care either way, but if Marvel wants to do it, great.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post

You are probably correct about the printing error. I was a printing press operator for years and the printing plates can shift during operation. I haven't actually ran a press for over a decade but the process is still very much the same. During set up or "make-ready" it is the job of the press operators (usually at least 2 people, depending on the size of the press) to make sure the plates are in the proper register (aligned) but they can move. One something goes wrong during a press run it can often make its way into the finished product, with high speed printing presses it is nearly impossible to catch every mistake. There is really no way to individually inspect every copy of a finished book.
    Last edited by Bri; 11-12-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    100% Agree. Folks on the MMW boards are flipping out, but I have to wonder if they're flipping out over the material/stories themselves, or flipping out because this is something they never thought they'd get. I have no desire for this, but again, if others are all for it, great. It's the same for folks' pining for ROM, Micronauts, and others... I have no care either way, but if Marvel wants to do it, great.
    I've never read it but I am a big Moench and, to a lesser extent because I haven't seen much, Gulacy fan. It's one of the few runs I think of when people ask what they want collected.

Incredible Member

Thanks to everyone who chimed in about the Alias Omnibus issue.

What about the Fu Manchu rights has Marvel cleared them for publication.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    What about the Fu Manchu rights has Marvel cleared them for publication.
    Have to assume they did as the licensing was what was holding back Kung Fu forever. Having the IP power of Disney behind you can be helpful. For all we know some other subsidiary of a subsidiary of the mouse owns the rights.