Page 443 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 343393433439440441442443444445446447453493543943 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,645 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Movie, as Balakin noted, is your reason.
    Movies are what give me hope I'll finally see an ASM vol.3, Thor vol.3 and yes even a TIH vol.2(I know how vol.1 sold---hope)
    I was bummed we didn't get InvIM vol. 3 but maybe tied to one of the next two Avengers films.
    FF vol.4 seems a pipe dream until Marvel gets the movie rights back, FF vol.3 was the only good thing to come out of that FF reboot film after all.
    I actually don't think they need a movie to justify ASM 3 but I do wonder if the Clone volumes will hold it up.

Secret Wars II Apologist DantonR's Avatar

Does anyone know if Marvel plans on reprinting MMW volumes beyond v1 for series like Spider-Man, FF, The Avengers and so on?

I'd like to pick these up but if they're only reprinting the first volumes, there's no point.

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post
    Does anyone know if Marvel plans on reprinting MMW volumes beyond v1 for series like Spider-Man, FF, The Avengers and so on?

I'd like to pick these up but if they're only reprinting the first volumes, there's no point.
    Your guess is as good as ours, but the signs point to no. They reprinted some of the other volumes a few years back (UXM2, some of the earlier Spideys) in a "back to press" limited printing, but they stayed in stock for a while and most were eventually clearance sellers. So probably not anytime soon. The Epics are your best best for that type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DantonR View Post

I think it's just the first ones because they were printing them for that box set anyway. They would have announced at least one volume 2 by now. Now that the softcovers have been axed and MMW are monthly I think they're mainly looking forward. I don't think they've continued the Golden and Atlus lines either. It's a pretty slimmed down line.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

placeyouhide

Hello to all! If someone is interested,we have started a petition for a Spider-man by J.M. DeMatteis omnibus. If you are interested in such a release you can sign it too! We only have 34 signatures so far and we could use more. After we get enough, the petition will be sent to Marvel and their EIC for consideration. Thank you all!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/j...bus-collection

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Movie, as Balakin noted, is your reason.
    Movies are what give me hope I'll finally see an ASM vol.3, Thor vol.3 and yes even a TIH vol.2(I know how vol.1 sold---hope)
    I was bummed we didn't get InvIM vol. 3 but maybe tied to one of the next two Avengers films.
    FF vol.4 seems a pipe dream until Marvel gets the movie rights back, FF vol.3 was the only good thing to come out of that FF reboot film after all.
    I'd like for them to reprint the first two IM omnibus first. I need those
    The ASM 3 is a must though.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah one would think there is a movie coming or something...
    I wish they'd reprint MMW v2. But if they announce a v2 omnibus I might just change formats. Although I quite like the MMW.
    Movie or not, these are the MMWs. They're notorious for moving sloooooooooooooooooooow. Has this EVER happened before? I'm not an expert on this line, only having a few myself, but I'd be shocked. This jumps out to me as a pretty big pattern break, some new behavior from Marvel, no?

I wonder how strong the sales will be on these considering all the previous volumes (including the most recent) are hilariously out of print and presumably a whole host of new fans are going to discover the character soon, driving those secondary prices up further. How many people will buy them knowing they can't lay hands on the others, which also were probably underprinted at the time considering his level of exposure, adding to the problem? I guess it doesn't really matter since Marvel needs to do the restoration now anyway so they can repackage it into other formats soon. Doctor Strange is relatively undercollected and they do need to fix that. I'm still pretty surprised though. The masterworks are a niche product in an already niche market, I'd think they'd need to give the previous volume a bit more time to sell first.

krisis'll have a good perspective on this I'm sure.
    Last edited by The Flicker Fade; 10-13-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by placeyouhide View Post
    Hello to all! If someone is interested,we have started a petition for a Spider-man by J.M. DeMatteis omnibus. If you are interested in such a release you can sign it too! We only have 34 signatures so far and we could use more. After we get enough, the petition will be sent to Marvel and their EIC for consideration. Thank you all!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/j...bus-collection
    Signed!

This might be my #1 most wanted Omnibus at this point (both Vol I & II). Fingers crossed!

*edit: I'd definitely sign a petition for an ASM Vol III as well!
    Last edited by WinterSoldier76; 10-14-2016 at 01:28 AM.

ummm petitions.. do they work? Cant do no harm i guess...
    are there petition for Omnibus of Moon Knight, X-Men: Legacy by Mike Carey and X-Factor (Peter David's madrox run and 90's by Peter David, J. M. DeMatteis and Todd DeZago )?

There was once a petition for a reprint on Ennis Punisher floating around collecting groups. I think there was also at one point a petition for a volume 3 of either spidey or uncanny X-men, but I may be misremembering. The Punisher one get little traction. Right now I would like marvel to concentrate on completing the Clone Saga set. They've already left Ultimate Spidey omnis to die.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Got a note from IST that since I was a recent customer I get an extra 3% discount today & tomorrow. That's cool but whenever these extra discount opportunities come around, for some reason I have a hard time finding anything I truly want. I don't want to buy something just for the sake of burning cash. I was thinking about Avengers by Byrne, but also saw the Spirits of Vengeance TP which was just released this week.

I only read Ghost Rider here-and-there back in the day so I was mildly interested to pick this one up. I went over to mycomicshop.com to read some of the issue synopses but, man, these look like some really cheesy 1990s Marvel comics. At least the art is by Andy Kubert. Anyways, think I'll pass. Anyone else here, have any memories of this material? How was the Spirits of Vengeance title back in the day? I know it ran for a couple years, but heck, Wonder Man of all people, had a series than ran like 40-odd issues. Ah, the nineties....

So I wanted to post something the other day about on-sale collected editions on Comixology, but my iPad was acting up that day and it lost the post.

While these don't have the value of a real book with a hard cover and big pages, they're great for reading many comics for little money.

Usually, the price of a Marvel Collected Edition is the same as the price of the issues inside it, minus one dollar, and rounded up to the nearest 99 cents. So a TPB containing six issues is $10.99 USD digitally. Larger ones round down to the nearest 10 or 5 (a book containing 14 issues might cost $24.99).

But there are occasionally collected edition sales, and sometimes they are incredible, and if all you want is to sample a book, then it's worth it. The weekend that Luke Cage came out, numerous Luke Cage collections went on sale for $3.99 each. This included the first Power Man and Iron Fist Epic Collection, which contains a good 23 issues and retailed for $29.99. Only $4. And last week, Iron Fist collections were on sale (presumably to coincide with the Iron Fist teaser at NYCC), including the first Iron Fist Epic Collection. 28 issues, normally $34.99, for only $3.99.

So if you're a fan of reading collected editions, but price is sometimes a factor, I recommend paying attention to Comixology, especially when there's a release of a Netflix series or movie, or if there's a major Convention announcement. Because if all you want is to read the book, then digital is a fair option.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Got a note from IST that since I was a recent customer I get an extra 3% discount today & tomorrow. That's cool but whenever these extra discount opportunities come around, for some reason I have a hard time finding anything I truly want. I don't want to buy something just for the sake of burning cash. I was thinking about Avengers by Byrne, but also saw the Spirits of Vengeance TP which was just released this week.

I only read Ghost Rider here-and-there back in the day so I was mildly interested to pick this one up. I went over to mycomicshop.com to read some of the issue synopses but, man, these look like some really cheesy 1990s Marvel comics. At least the art is by Andy Kubert. Anyways, think I'll pass. Anyone else here, have any memories of this material? How was the Spirits of Vengeance title back in the day? I know it ran for a couple years, but heck, Wonder Man of all people, had a series than ran like 40-odd issues. Ah, the nineties....
    I got that email as well and am in the same situation. I'm likely just going to pass sadly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Same here. I already bought Clone Saga and there's nothing else I want. I'm sure I could find some DC stuff I'm far behind on but it's just 3% so not that huge of an incentive to force a purchase out of me.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Movie or not, these are the MMWs. They're notorious for moving sloooooooooooooooooooow. Has this EVER happened before? I'm not an expert on this line, only having a few myself, but I'd be shocked. This jumps out to me as a pretty big pattern break, some new behavior from Marvel, no?

I wonder how strong the sales will be on these considering all the previous volumes (including the most recent) are hilariously out of print and presumably a whole host of new fans are going to discover the character soon, driving those secondary prices up further. How many people will buy them knowing they can't lay hands on the others, which also were probably underprinted at the time considering his level of exposure, adding to the problem? I guess it doesn't really matter since Marvel needs to do the restoration now anyway so they can repackage it into other formats soon. Doctor Strange is relatively undercollected and they do need to fix that. I'm still pretty surprised though. The masterworks are a niche product in an already niche market, I'd think they'd need to give the previous volume a bit more time to sell first.

krisis'll have a good perspective on this I'm sure.
    yeah I was just joking and I agree the MMWs are kind of slow to materialise. Even though I really enjoyed the first Strange MMW I won't be picking up vol8 since as you said most of the line is hilariously out of print and I don't want a vol1 vol6-7-8 on my shelves (that's why I like the Epics, they are not numbered on the spine)