Page 444 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544944 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 20754
    Incredible Member

So my Dr Strange omnibus just arrived from Amazon and it didnt come wrapped in cellophane. This is unheard of for a brand new Marvel omnibus from my experience but I just wanted to check with others here before I fire off an email to Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    So my Dr Strange omnibus just arrived from Amazon and it didnt come wrapped in cellophane. This is unheard of for a brand new Marvel omnibus from my experience but I just wanted to check with others here before I fire off an email to Amazon.
    It is NOT normal... mail them and I guess u will get a 35% refunded.
    It has already happened to me twice with other shops

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Got a note from IST that since I was a recent customer I get an extra 3% discount today & tomorrow. That's cool but whenever these extra discount opportunities come around, for some reason I have a hard time finding anything I truly want. I don't want to buy something just for the sake of burning cash. I was thinking about Avengers by Byrne, but also saw the Spirits of Vengeance TP which was just released this week.
    Same. I found one book for about $15. Nothing else. Too bad they couldn't send this out in a few weeks. Oh well.

Mighty Member

This extra 3% deal has gotten under my skin lol. This happened several weeks back and i just chalked it up to not getting an email because it happened on a rare week i didn't order something, but this time I've had several consecutive orders. I guess i shouldnt care, but like many of you, I've been a regular customer going on 5 years now and have spent thousands this year alone and can't get any love from IST? Probably wouldn't use it either, it's just the principle damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo01 View Post
    It is NOT normal... mail them and I guess u will get a 35% refunded.
    It has already happened to me twice with other shops
    I just had an exchange in the Omnibus collector group about amazon and everyone said they don't do partial refunds just replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    This extra 3% deal has gotten under my skin lol. This happened several weeks back and i just chalked it up to not getting an email because it happened on a rare week i didn't order something, but this time I've had several consecutive orders. I guess i shouldnt care, but like many of you, I've been a regular customer going on 5 years now and have spent thousands this year alone and can't get any love from IST? Probably wouldn't use it either, it's just the principle damn it.
    You can always email them an ask. Anytime I've ever had any issues, they're always quick to reply! There are some good things on there for the extra 3% sale, but nothing is really grabbing my eye.

I could get the Onslaught Omnibus for $68, but I already have the Epic TPs and from what I can tell (but I'm no Krisis) it looks almost like a copy of the TPs minus a couple of X-Men issues. Similarly the DD Companion is on my "to buy" list eventually and with the extra 3% it's "just" $55. I used to have the original glued 1st print but sold it off when prices spiked a few years back. Since that time I've replaced the bulk of the content (MWOF, Born Again) and have the Spidey issues in other collections so I'm only missing the Love & War GN and don't feel like shelling out the cash right now just for that. Also kind of gripes me that the original printing could be gotten for ~$37 years ago.

Also I've got my eye on PM&IF Epic v2, but couldn't really get into v1 so am thinking of skipping that. Also a couple months ago I got on a serious Marvel Conan kick, bought all the Dark Horse "Chronicles of Conan" TPs I could find and the two BWS HCs except TP v14 which apparently is super-rare nowadays along with the first 8 TPs of the King Conan reprints. I could get the last 3 Chronicles of King Conan TPs for like $11 ea but I'm kinda burnt out on Conan after reading like 7 of those TPs and am taking a Conan break for a while.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I wouldn't take too long in picking up the Daredevil Companion Omnibus, I can see that going OOP in the not too distant future.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    They gave me some BS that they're out of stock until the 30th of october when i complained today -_-

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3 confirmed for May

http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...sm_omni03.html

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post

Hot damn! Sounds about right with the new Spidey movie on the horizon!
    Now, what will that DM cover be??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post

I think everyone saw the writing on the wall with this one with the recent reprints, upcoming movie and whatnot, but it is nice to finally have confirmation. One step closer to having the Death of Gwen/Green Goblin collected in Omnibus. Thats what I'm really looking forward to. Hope this puts up big sales numbers to expedite the process

EDIT: I don't normally care about the DM covers, but I'll have to get in early on this one lol. Do NOT care for that Mckone one at all.
    Last edited by awayne83; 10-14-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Did Marvel ever fix the Spider-Verse HC book?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I actually like the Mckone cover. Hope Volume 2 hurries up and gets released soon. That thing is way over due.
    Cyclops was right

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Movie or not, these are the MMWs. They're notorious for moving sloooooooooooooooooooow. Has this EVER happened before? I'm not an expert on this line, only having a few myself, but I'd be shocked. This jumps out to me as a pretty big pattern break, some new behavior from Marvel, no?

I wonder how strong the sales will be on these considering all the previous volumes (including the most recent) are hilariously out of print and presumably a whole host of new fans are going to discover the character soon, driving those secondary prices up further. How many people will buy them knowing they can't lay hands on the others, which also were probably underprinted at the time considering his level of exposure, adding to the problem? I guess it doesn't really matter since Marvel needs to do the restoration now anyway so they can repackage it into other formats soon. Doctor Strange is relatively undercollected and they do need to fix that. I'm still pretty surprised though. The masterworks are a niche product in an already niche market, I'd think they'd need to give the previous volume a bit more time to sell first.

krisis'll have a good perspective on this I'm sure.
    I'm really puzzled by this particular fast-tracking. They don't need MMW head-room to get out another Omnibus since the first was so short. There's not a nearby stopping point, since they're still another pair of MMWs from meeting up with existing collections on the other side. They just started an Epic line, so if they just needed my Dr. Strange produced they could have easily doubled-up there.

(And, honestly, he's not all that under-collected - we're closing in on the 70% mark for him, which for a line outside of the initial Epic Six and X-Men is terrific.)

The only remarkable thing about the volume that I note is it exactly plugs a gap in a potential Roger Stern Strange omnibus, which began in the prior MMW volume and continues through the end of this series. Said omni could also easily be a pair of Epics.

Could this rush MMW be an indication that Marvel wants to produce just the #47-75 portion of Stern's run in a single book, which would effectively be Doctor Strange Omnibus Vol. 4?

Or, are we going to see them double-up on a handful of lines with clear stopping points in sight in the effort to maximize MMW profits and open up room for some newer lines to begin?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Excited for Spiderman volume 3 but like others have said the DM cover will be a must with this one.