Page 449 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549949 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Was interesting to see that the reprint of ASM2 only sold 650 odd copies, with X-Men around the 500 mark.
    ASM2 reprint? I thought that wasn't out for another week or so.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    The prologue and main narrative is in order. The supplementary stuff is after the fact. And the spanish issue was intended to be that way. It's part of an anthology issue and follows the mexican spider-man. I think the english version was only available digitally.
    Ah, okay. Thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Monsterbus would be a baffling choice if I didn't know all the old men on the MMWB chat constantly about getting the Golden Age / Atlas era masterworks going again. Which failed in the first place because no one bought them. I mean, go into any shop that carries masterworks (not so many these days) and you'll see piles of them deeply discounted. These two monsterbus are a way of getting the Lee / Kirby / Ditko stuff from that era reprinted at least, skipping everything else. So it appears at this time, anyway.

Next up, Killraven. They talk a lot about Killraven.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Second 2017 Omni to excite me.
    The DD Silver Age Omni vol.1 was the first!
    EXACTLY! Whats wrong with them!? That DD Omni is a must!
    The Alpha Flight Omni

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah, Spiderman hasn't even really come out yet. I don't think sales figures can be taken thi s early.
    Cyclops was right

Just finished the Doctor Strange omnibus and it was magical. Honestly, if you are on the fence about picking up do yourself a favor and give it a try. The art is fantastic.

This was my first time reading standalone Doctor Strange, before I had just seen him appear in crossovers. I can't wait for the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Second 2017 Omni to excite me.
    The DD Silver Age Omni vol.1 was the first!
    No way, with stuff like:

Alpha Flight by John Byrne Omnibus
    War of Kings Aftermath: Realm of Kings Omnibus
    Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus
    War of Kings Prelude: Road to War of Kings Omnibus
    Doom Patrol: The Silver Age Omnibus

the year's starting good for me! (Bad for my Wallet)
    Although i still don't see no Peter David X-factor (madrox or 90's run with the J. M. DeMatteis and Todd DeZago volumes too) nor Excalibur, nor Moon Knight Omnibus on the way! (New Mutants I think they are just waiting for the movie release date)
    :P

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Was interesting to see that the reprint of ASM2 only sold 650 odd copies, with X-Men around the 500 mark.

Strange did 2600 while Shang Chi 2 did just under 1K.

Granted that is only the DM sales and no Amazon or non-US sales included, but still, considering the whale status, the preorders for ASM2 were much lower than I expected them to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think there were shipping issues with ASM it sold out pretty fast on IST because they had low stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Whitmore View Post
    ASM2 reprint? I thought that wasn't out for another week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Yeah, Spiderman hasn't even really come out yet. I don't think sales figures can be taken thi s early.
    The Dr Strange Omni blew it out of the water. It's been No.1 on IST for the last several weeks so customers are buying it correlating with the high order numbers from retailers, as opposed to the Champions #1 floppy i.e. probably will be the Diamond No. 1 single issue seller for October but hardly any regular readers are buying it.

As Balakin wrote, there were shipping issues with ASM Vol. 2 Omni 2nd printing as was the case with the Shang-Chi Vol. 2 DM Cover Omni so I expect these 2 Omnis to once again chart next month.

I'll endeavour to get together and post the regular monthly list tomorrow.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Monsterbus would be a baffling choice if I didn't know all the old men on the MMWB chat constantly about getting the Golden Age / Atlas era masterworks going again. Which failed in the first place because no one bought them. I mean, go into any shop that carries masterworks (not so many these days) and you'll see piles of them deeply discounted. These two monsterbus are a way of getting the Lee / Kirby / Ditko stuff from that era reprinted at least, skipping everything else. So it appears at this time, anyway.

Just Kirby, no Ditko, right? That's a big minus for the Monsterbus, to me.

If I hadn't picked up those deeply discounted Suspense and Astonish MMW, I would still consider the omni. Those stories are totally brainless, but have become a true guilty pleasure for me for some reason. There are a lot of other good artists in the MMW even besides Kirby and Ditko, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I remember from the "Marvel comics-the untold story" in this era Lee and Kirby was quite uninspired with the monster of the month comics coming out and that lead Lee wanting to quit and then writing F4 #1. It just seem like an era not worth to be collected in omnibus format.
    Exactly. I don't see what the demand driver was for this book other than (a) some of the Atlas Age material was stranded when their MMW lines ended or (b) it somehow ties in with Marvel's Monster thing coming up early next year or whenever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

Yes, I agree with this pretty much 100%.

Strange did 2600 while Shang Chi 2 did just under 1K.

Granted that is only the DM sales and no Amazon or non-US sales included, but still, considering the whale status, the preorders for ASM2 were much lower than I expected them to be.
    Like the other guys said, I was completely blindsided on the ASM2 Omni reprint. I was going to get it and didn't even know it was out, by the time I heard it was sold out already. I think there were some shipping problems with both it and the Shang Chi vol 2 DM variant. Apparently they will each have a wider release in a few weeks.

Is there a comparison between ASM Omnibus 2 original printing and the reprint?
    I'm curious as to how much thinner the reprint is, if even.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Is there a comparison between ASM Omnibus 2 original printing and the reprint?
    I'm curious as to how much thinner the reprint is, if even.
    Yes, it would be interesting to see.

I have the Ramos cover of the 1st printing which a lot of people hate. I don't mind it and I'm much happier having it with the faux leather cover and thicker pages than the 2nd printing with the Romita cover but with thinner pages and cheaper cover.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    That's really good of IST to keep it discounted at 50%.

Default September 2016 Marvel Collected Editions Sales Figures

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for September 2016 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales.

16. Star Wars OHC Vol. 1 - 3,255
    23. Doctor Strange Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602
    41. Black Panther Epic Collection Panthers Rage - 1,919
    62. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 1 Legacy - 1,603
    63. Punisher War Journal By Carl Potts and Jim Lee TPB - 1,596
    70. Thor By Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman OHC Vol. 1 - 1,503
    71. Haunted Mansion OHC - 1,483
    72. Doctor Strange and Secret Defenders TPB - 1,473
    78. Rocket Raccoon and Groot Vol. 0 Bite and Bark TPB - 1,434
    86. Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four HC Vol. 18 - 1,352
    88. Captain America Epic Collection The Coming of....The Falcon - 1,309
    90. Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones OHC - 1,295
    114. X-Men Apocalypse Wars OHC - 1,012
    123. Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 2 - 949
    125. Mini Marvels: The Complete Collection - 939
    128. Spider-Man Complete Clone Saga Epic Book 1 - 931
    143. Guardians of the Galaxy OHC Vol. 3 - 862
    151. New Mutants Bill Sienkiewicz Marvel Artist Select OHC (IDW) - 822
    163. Spider-Men OHC - 729
    190. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 2 (2nd Printing) - 622
    216. New X-Men Omnibus (3rd Printing) - 550
    267. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 444
    272. Avengers Assemble By Bendis OHC - 434

As I posted earlier, there were shipping problems with the Shang-Chi Master Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 2 DM cover and the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 2 (2nd Printing). We can, therefore, expect them to chart again in October’s list and obtain more realistic figures for both of these titles when we sum up their sales for both September and October.

The Doctor Strange Vol. 1 Omnibus at 2,602 units is now the 3rd bestselling Omnibus of all time with regards to premiere month sales. I don’t think many of us were expecting those kind of figures. Black Panther Epic Collection Panthers Rage shifted 1,919 copies and as far as I know is the highest Epic Collection seller (excluding the Star Wars Epic Collections). Extremely disappointing results for the GotG Vol. 3 OHC (Vol. 1 sold 2,509 units back in May 2015) , but I guess most people are waiting for the upcoming Omnibus.

Below is the updated list of Top 10 bestselling Omnibusses. Doctor Strange conjures his way into the No. 3 spot, whereas Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson falls from grace from 10 to 11.

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    3. Doctor Strange (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602 (September 2016)
    4. Invincible Iron Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,447 (April 2008)
    5. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    6. Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    7. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,308 (February 2016)
    8. Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,251 (April 2014)
    9. Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,232 (June 2016)
    10. Amazing Fantasy Omnibus Vol. 1 – 2,186 (August 2007)

Canucked, could you please have the list updated on the first page of the thread.