Page 453 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553953 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 20773
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    Now that we have ASM omnibus 3 coming, I can't help but wonder why they chose the cover they did for the DM cover, issue 101. I would have loved the DM cover to have been either issue 68, 70, 75, 97-98, or issue 100. Oh well, at least these will be inside the book.
    Yes, it always feels odd to me when they choose a DM cover that's a very villain-specific story that's not representative of the book as a whole. It's not like this volume is hyper-focused on Morbius. I think something from the sans Comic Code drug plot is more emblematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I dont think you can critisize [Remender's Cap] simply cos it took a different direction to Brubakers run. Using Cap to tell a pulpy sci-fi story isnt a bad thing in and off itself.
    I mostly criticize it for being terrible, personally.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Personally I love vampires so I like that cover
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Yes, it always feels odd to me when they choose a DM cover that's a very villain-specific story that's not representative of the book as a whole. It's not like this volume is hyper-focused on Morbius. I think something from the sans Comic Code drug plot is more emblematic.
    I sort of agree with you, although that is still a sweet cover! Some of the iconic covers from this era that would have made great covers include

68 ("Crisis on Campus" with that classic swinging JR image of Spidey which was used all over the place back in the day)
    70 (but used for a MMW volume already)
    80 ("On the trail of the CHAMELEON!" ... this one is probably not a good Omnibus cover candidate, but it's always been a favorite of mine as it's one of the first Spidey back issues I picked up as a kid at a flea market in the mid 80s! Dig that creepy Chameleon image!)
    86 ("Beware the Black Widow!" ... always liked this cover, very dramatic)
    87 ("Unmasked at last!" ... an all time classic cover with Pete & the gang down front & the giant Spidey image in the back)
    88 ("The Arms of Doctor Octopus!" all time classic cover ... very cool)
    97-98 either are great ... 98 would have been my 1st choice for this volume!
    100 ("The Spider or the Man?" ... all time classic cover but already used for MMW)

You kind of have to wonder if Marvel has some plans for Morbius with him being on this Omnibus cover. They're reprinting the Spirits of Vengence TP (which includes Morbius #1 ... but that could just as easily be chalked up to GR showing up on the SHIELD TV show).

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    Yep. Might be. Everybody sees things differently. As I am entitled to my own opinion and since I don't live in a world where I am lectured what I can write and what is off limits, I can critisize it on every aspect all day long FOR ME, it was crap, because of the lack of plot. FOR ME, in essence it was a brutal fest and a whole crapload of bad ideas with even worse implementation. And I am ashamed that I stayed on in the end to read it all. I wrote a whole thread about this here somewhere for the interested. If storytelling in comics is all about inflicting injuries nobody can survive, hey, then this could be the story you are looking for. I might suggest to look into Aarons Wolverine Omni too, as the first story and the last will give you pleasure beyond believe.
    I expect a lot more than just shockers from a story. Brubaker delivered here in MY opinion very well, because personally I was hooked and couldn't stop reading.
    But the original question was, if there are PMCs of his Cap? Answer: Yes there are.
    But all of thats issues with the plot and writing, not with the genre.
    Its like critisizing a Batman story just because its done as a straight up action-superheroic story rather than a gritty crime noir. Batman can be both and neither is objectivly better purely based on merit. Its how its executed that counts.
    I might generally prefer crime stories to superhero stories, but it could be a crime story thats written godawfully.
    Genre is no indication of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I mostly criticize it for being terrible, personally.
    Based on issues with the plot, writing and/or art im guessing.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 10-20-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I sort of agree with you, although that is still a sweet cover! Some of the iconic covers from this era that would have made great covers include

68 ("Crisis on Campus" with that classic swinging JR image of Spidey which was used all over the place back in the day)
    70 (but used for a MMW volume already)
    80 ("On the trail of the CHAMELEON!" ... this one is probably not a good Omnibus cover candidate, but it's always been a favorite of mine as it's one of the first Spidey back issues I picked up as a kid at a flea market in the mid 80s! Dig that creepy Chameleon image!)
    86 ("Beware the Black Widow!" ... always liked this cover, very dramatic)
    87 ("Unmasked at last!" ... an all time classic cover with Pete & the gang down front & the giant Spidey image in the back)
    88 ("The Arms of Doctor Octopus!" all time classic cover ... very cool)
    97-98 either are great ... 98 would have been my 1st choice for this volume!
    100 ("The Spider or the Man?" ... all time classic cover but already used for MMW)

You kind of have to wonder if Marvel has some plans for Morbius with him being on this Omnibus cover. They're reprinting the Spirits of Vengence TP (which includes Morbius #1 ... but that could just as easily be chalked up to GR showing up on the SHIELD TV show).
    Issue 75 would've made a really cool cover.

There are a lot they could've used, instead of that Morbius cover. Guess I can't complain though. Just excited we're finally getting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Marvel needs to up their OHC game. 70+ titles in All New All Different Marvel and probably only a fraction will get OHC. Like ten series....which is a shame because some of the stuff that got lost in the mix has beautiful art made for big pages...
    I totally agree, I have a feeling I'll never get Remender's Cap or All-New Wolverine in OHC. It could be worse, they could start producing them and then stop mid-series like they did with Fraction's Invincible Iron Man. Man that still frustrates me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    But all of thats issues with the plot and writing, not with the genre.
    Its like critisizing a Batman story just because its done as a straight up action-superheroic story rather than a gritty crime noir. Batman can be both and neither is objectivly better purely based on merit. Its how its executed that counts.
    I might generally prefer crime stories to superhero stories, but it could be a crime story thats written godawfully.
    Genre is no indication of quality.

Based on issues with the plot, writing and/or art im guessing.
    Then I would suggest reading my post again, as I didn't write anything about the genre or the sudden change of the genre. That was a point that was put into the mix of another person replying to my post. I did write about the lack of story which was compensated with uninspiring blood and gore just for effects. I don't care the setting this plays in, I would hate it if Brubarer would have put it in his story. If the Scifi setting was the background for some well thought out plots (invasion plan, some hidden base on the moon, cap solving a mystery in pouter space...) then I am all in. The Brubaker sonspiracy/spy was mentioned as this was a cool one to throw ideas around which were implemented with detail and didn't need brutality to cover up holes. I don't see Cap as a Rambo on Drugs, I see him more as James Bond with Superpowers, be it on earth or in outer space. And with all things: Thats just my view on things

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    I totally agree, I have a feeling I'll never get Remender's Cap or All-New Wolverine in OHC. It could be worse, they could start producing them and then stop mid-series like they did with Fraction's Invincible Iron Man. Man that still frustrates me.
    I still don't get this. Fraction's one of their top writers(or was, as of late).

It's also one of the few Iron Man runs I actually enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I still don't get this. Fraction's one of their top writers(or was, as of late).

It's also one of the few Iron Man runs I actually enjoyed.
    The Bruce Jones Hulk was another one that was rolling along and then just stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The Bruce Jones Hulk was another one that was rolling along and then just stopped.
    And Greg Pak's Hulk

And Greg Pak's Hulk
    Yeah, didn't they stop collecting Pak and jump to Hercules in OHC and then not complete that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, didn't they stop collecting Pak and jump to Hercules in OHC and then not complete that as well?
    Not sure about Pak's Hulk, but they collected the Incredible Herc into two OHCs and then nothing.
    Obviously this all circles back to sales, though. I'm sure Herc wasn't a huge seller, neither was DnA's Nova. Fraction's Iron Man has always been puzzling, though, as Iron was (and is) one of their biggest characters, the movies for him were going strong back then, Fraction was a writer they were pushing (what did they call them for awhile, "the architects" or something like that?) - anyways, it never made any sense not to continue it in OHC, unless an omnibus was in the works. And I think that time has sailed for BOTH options as we're too far down the timeline, and now they're focused on Bendis' work on the character in 2 titles at a time. It's a little puzzling, but business is business I guess. Maybe it didn't sell all that well in reality.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

And Greg Pak's Hulk
    Well Pak's Hulk run been fully collected but in a mis-mash of formats.

Prelude to Planet Hulk is TP
    Planet Hulk & World War Hulk are are OHCs
    Fall of the Hulks and World War HulkS are super-fat OHCs, and Omnibus in all but name (they're larger than some Omnis).
    Incredible HulkS was initially collected in TP and the small premiere HCs as I recall, but the last few collections were only TPs before the series ended.
    Son of Hulk was, I believe, TP and premiere HC.

I'd have to go dig out my old notes or do an online search to find the reading order/formats again.

What are the chances of Simonson's Thor Omnibus getting reprinted next year?
    We need better comics

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    What are the chances of Simonson's Thor Omnibus getting reprinted next year?
    it's more likely they'll reprint mighty thor vol 1 and release vol 3. seems to be the pattern, they did it for x-men and now spider-man.