Page 457 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557957 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 20773

Now we need a Micheline & Bagley Amazing Spidey omnibus collecting the last of Micheline's run. Issues 351 - 388 and the 11 parts of Maximum Carnage that weren't ASM issues. This gives us 49 issues for a good sized omnibus.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Copied from the masterworks boad
    Can someone please place ASM Epic "Goblin's Last Stand" and SS Epic vol. 8 in context with relation to existing omnibi?

And how is the quality of Spider-Man's Tangled Web?

Thanks!

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Now we need a Micheline & Bagley Amazing Spidey omnibus collecting the last of Micheline's run. Issues 351 - 388 and the 11 parts of Maximum Carnage that weren't ASM issues. This gives us 49 issues for a good sized omnibus.
    This, but I hope they chuck in up to 393, so that it dovetails in to Clone Saga
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Can someone please place ASM Epic "Goblin's Last Stand" and SS Epic vol. 8 in context with relation to existing omnibi?

And how is the quality of Spider-Man's Tangled Web?

Thanks!
    It will directly follow upon the recently announced ASM v3 omni

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Goblin's Last Stand picks up at 105, and ASM Omni v3 ends with 104.

SS Infinity Gauntlet replicates much of the Silver Surfer issues contained in the IG Omnibus, plus six more from the IG Aftermath TPB. It appears that the only reasons to buy it are the Annual (#4) and a handful of stories from Marvel Comics Presents. Why they would choose this material again, over that which would constitute SS Epic Volume 4, 5, 6 or 7, boggles my mind.

BTW, the newly announced Avengers Epic contains most of Avengers Omni v2 with nothing new added.

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    BTW, the newly announced Avengers Epic contains most of Avengers Omni v2 with nothing new added.
    That Larsen Omni overlaps the ASM Epics too?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That Larsen Omni overlaps the ASM Epics too?
    Yes, the Larsen Omni duplicates almost all of the ASM issues in Epic Volume 20 and all ASM issues in Epic Volume 21. There are other contents in both Epics that keep them from being completely obsolete, but Volume 21 just came out in Feb 2016 and will have had a shelf life of barely 16 months by the time this Omni is released. Makes me wish the Epics had been more focused on plugging some of the '80s gaps, similar to what we've seen with Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man.

So the only stories worth getting in the Tangled Web omni is the flowers for rhino and the kingpin henchman story? Because as amazing as those are, both of them are in the best of spider-man OHCs. I'm guessing I can skip this omnibus?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    So the only stories worth getting in the Tangled Web omni is the flowers for rhino and the kingpin henchman story? Because as amazing as those are, both of them are in the best of spider-man OHCs. I'm guessing I can skip this omnibus?
    I believe the consensus so far was the stories overall are all pretty solid, with those being some of the examples highlighted.

I think I'm in for this one as well. Funny just earlier this year i was bitching that marvel has sorely neglected its main man in the omnibus dept, and then they drop three on us in a span of months. No need to thank me, just doing my part.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Goblin's Last Stand picks up at 105, and ASM Omni v3 ends with 104.

SS Infinity Gauntlet replicates much of the Silver Surfer issues contained in the IG Omnibus, plus six more from the IG Aftermath TPB. It appears that the only reasons to buy it are the Annual (#4) and a handful of stories from Marvel Comics Presents. Why they would choose this material again, over that which would constitute SS Epic Volume 4, 5, 6 or 7, boggles my mind.

The IG Omni is out of print. There's no other way to get those (critically acclaimed) issues. Why is it weird?
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    I don't have the omni but I think it's contents would be covered up through the vol 3 tpb with some overlap. So if you wanted to finish the run in tpb you would need tpbs 3-5. I think. If that's your plan it might be better to seek out the new avengers ohcs instead. Although they are out of print now.

And this is only a guess, but by getting the run in these tpbs now, along with the huge lag since the first omni was released, it's my opinion that getting a new avengers by Bendis omni vol 2 is now slim to none. That ship has sailed. Anything can happen obviously, but I don't think we will see a vol 2 omni. Just like those still waiting for an Iron Man by Fraction / LaRocca ohc vol 3 - I think these ships have sailed...
    Cheers for that, I sold the vol 1 omni a while back, so I can get all five (or more) of these collected editions and know I have quite a bit of unread stuff to look forward too

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The IG Omni is out of print. There's no other way to get those (critically acclaimed) issues. Why is it weird?
    Because there's SO much fantastic SS material that has NEVER been collected, which is a real shame...

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    This, but I hope they chuck in up to 393, so that it dovetails in to Clone Saga
    Would be too many issues dude. Issue 389 is part of the 'Pursuit' cross over with the other titles. Then 390-393 are the arc 'shrieking'. That gives us 8 more issues on top of 49. Getting a little large.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Because there's SO much fantastic SS material that has NEVER been collected, which is a real shame...
    My thoughts exactly. While it is true that the IG Omni is OOP, it was readily available for over 18 months after its initial publication in July 2014 and went on clearance early this year to eliminate the remaining stock. I'm all in favor of classic material being presented in a variety of formats and can appreciate the more affordable price point of an Epic Collection vs. an Omnibus. However, I'm also eager to see the Epic line utilize its other major advantage of non-sequential releases, allowing never-before-collected runs to finally see print.

Very happy for those who missed out on the IG Omni but still hoping to see those SS V3 gaps closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Has volume 2 been confirmed or fished?
    I don't think so, but I haven't been looking for it either. I'm not a big fan of Clone Saga and haven't bought the first one yet. I'll probably panic and cave in some day when I hear it's about out of print or stock though.