Page 46 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056961465461046 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Dr.Strange Omni Vo.1 by Lee/Kirby just broke today. It was not in the same link Canucked, all good. I was coming to see if anyone had posted the Dr.Strange Omni news though.

That Dr.Strange Omni is going to be solid top seller I'd predict. Anyone know what the highest selling Omni has been to date? SHIELD Omni just did 1900 units, can Strange go that high? Has any Omni sold 2K units in it's first month?
    SHIELD was over double the length of what Dr Strange will be.

The interview Cory gives is nice in that he clearly is passionate about what he does, but it's also ridiculous in that he says they need to split Strange in to 3 omnis. You could get everything from Lee to the end of the original Dr Strange run, in Marvel Premiere, in to one volume of 1218 pages. Smaller than a few recent big releases.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    About 3/4 of the way through the Hawkeye omni and I'm failing to see the love, the Aja art is stunning, but the other art looks like it has been done by a 7 year old, the story hasn't held me, although I quite like the tracksuit wearing bro's and what the hell was the dog issue?? Colour me unimpressed
    I loved the dog issue but was surprised to see the apparently unanimous acclaim. The style is very Chris Ware, and I thought it was ballsy to tell a story within that style in a "mainstream" superhero title. This being said, maybe Hawkeye had the goal of appealing to that specific "indie" target from the start. I didn't love the Kate-centric issues in the second half of the story either.

I think it's worth checking out. I'm personally waiting for the second OHC.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

It's a shame the doctor strange omni is so skinny, there is more than enough content for them to make several chunky volumes but instead we have the silly way they've chosen to divvy it up.

Also, the guy said he planned three books. He also said ages ago he'd planned a dozen uncanny x-men omnibuses and we're only now getting vol 3 so it seems rather unlikely that we'll see all 3 doctor strange omnis before 2020 or something stupid.

Mark Millar on social media:
    Okay, talked to Marvel last night & we're going to put a Kick-Ass box-set out late Spring. All 4 volumes slip-cased for 50 bucks! ENJOY!

Awesome. I haven't read any of it but love the films and Millar and JRJR. Seems a much better way to get it all than paperbacks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if that's oversized or not, or even in hardcover at all. I'm guessing probably not oversized since they only did the first volume oversized and never upgraded any of the others. And at the $50 price point, I'd be very surprised if it was even standard hardcovers. For $50 I'd guess it's going to be a paperback box set. They could easily just do a Kick-Ass Omnibus and charge $100 retail for it. I'm not necessarily saying it would be worth that much, but they could easily do it.

Bummer about the size of the Doc. Strange, although I hope having follow up volumes will allow for stuff like The Oath and Triumph & Torment to make it in.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if that's oversized or not, or even in hardcover at all. I'm guessing probably not oversized since they only did the first volume oversized and never upgraded any of the others. And at the $50 price point, I'd be very surprised if it was even standard hardcovers. For $50 I'd guess it's going to be a paperback box set. They could easily just do a Kick-Ass Omnibus and charge $100 retail for it. I'm not necessarily saying it would be worth that much, but they could easily do it.
    Think I'd much rather have a $100 omnibus than a boxset of trades of PHCs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Seriously. I actually really like the series, but that Pizza Dog issue was complete crap.
    About 3/4 of the way through the Hawkeye omni and I'm failing to see the love, the Aja art is stunning, but the other art looks like it has been done by a 7 year old, the story hasn't held me, although I quite like the tracksuit wearing bro's and what the hell was the dog issue?? Colour me unimpressed
    I've enjoyed what I've read so far (only the first OHC) but I've never gotten why the pizza dog issue was a big deal.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    For me, Fraction's Marvel work has been hit or miss. Enjoyed The Order and Iron Fist was terrific. Uncanny X-Men was bleh, his Fantastic 4 was just boring but FF was okay. Hawkeye was great.
    Iron Man was pretty cool. Not impressed with his Punisher.

Hellboydce didn't like Sex criminals either, that's why I think his writing is just not his thing.
    Ugh. We agree on a lot of things, but, man I hated sex criminals. juvenile and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I agree that it's probably soft covers, but maybe - just maybe - because the artist (Millar in this case) has more control over the product, there could be a chance that we get some hardcovers.

I can dream.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ugh, I didn't realize the Dr. Strange omni was going to be so thin!?

Normally I prefer a smaller omnibus for handling purposes, but knowing Marvel they'll still overprice it as much as possible...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Dr.Strange Omni Vo.1 by Lee/Kirby just broke today. It was not in the same link Canucked, all good. I was coming to see if anyone had posted the Dr.Strange Omni news though.

That Dr.Strange Omni is going to be solid top seller I'd predict. Anyone know what the highest selling Omni has been to date? SHIELD Omni just did 1900 units, can Strange go that high? Has any Omni sold 2K units in it's first month?
    I don't have access to the previous stats at the moment but I do recall Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 Omnibus shifting north of 2000 units.

Fraction has never been for me. At his best, I've found his stories interesting but that's pretty much just the first 10 or so issues of his Iron Man, half of his Iron Fist and his Hawkeye. It all feels very boring but like it's trying really hard to be a bit Morrisony. I don't understand his appeal but people out there love him.

Spectacular Member

How thin is the Dr. Strange omni? Where are you guys reading this?

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    How thin is the Dr. Strange omni? Where are you guys reading this?
    The interview I posted take about how the onmi is lee and ditkos full run. I haven't read it but I guess it's a short run. I don't know if there will be supplemental stories or if it continues a few issues after that. But it's probably not going to be the thickest omni. I'm sure it will be priced as a large onmi though... So... Yeah.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.