Page 462 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562962 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 20773
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    It's including the arc of New Avengers where she gets the Infinity Formula from Nick Fury. She calls herself a feminist, but she clearly doesn't understand what that means based on the her last issue. When I get to a computer, I'll explain what happened, so the people on this thread DO NOT buy volume 2. Volume one is apparently good though.
    I assume you mean the really bad retcon? Cos CBR themselves have called foul on that themselves: http://www.cbr.com/so-mockingbird-le...for-no-reason/
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I think it's a very fine line and anything disrespectful will be deleted but when a title gets some hype because of controversy it's really hard to avoid to talk about it in some way. I also have confidence in our Classics and collected community and trust FlashingSabre to be respectful (also spoiler free) and will only talk about the issue from a writing standpoint.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I assume you mean the really bad retcon? Cos CBR themselves have called foul on that themselves: http://www.cbr.com/so-mockingbird-le...for-no-reason/
    The general gist seems to be that it was a pretty good series with some very decent art by Kate Niemczyk albeit not so great sales but ruined by an extremely ridiculous retcon in the last issue which made absolutely no sense (as well as a controversial cover of the last issue which had little to do with the series).

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

What balakin said.

Feel free to discuss controversial issues as they pertain to classic/collected comics, but keep the commentary directed at the material as opposed to the creator or poster.

:-)
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Moving away from that, has anyone picked up the Kaare Andrews IF?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    so is this trade covers the whole run? because I think I've seen a v2 solicited for next year and even though I agree with you about supporting female creators I'm not that crazy about buying 4 issues trades.
    It is first story arc, no idea how many issues to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Moving away from that, has anyone picked up the Kaare Andrews IF?
    I got it in singles. It's really cool. Pick up an issue online to see if you like the art style first, because it's defiantly stylized. Andrews is doing a sequel series called Iron Fists. It is nothing at all like the current Power Man and Iron Fist.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Oh, I didn't see that CBR article. Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. Only other thing is that the author clarified that she wrote it that way to show things from "a female perspective". Which apparently means being an outright horrific person who doesn't deserve to be called a hero. I can't believe the editors let it through. Its outright character wrecking. Its worse than what they're doing to Cyclops, for gods sake.

Obviously she doesn't deserve personal attacks, but god that just awful. I don't even really consider myself a feminist, but that cerytainyl isn't what that issue was.

(She also implies that its ridiculous for someone like Bobbi to be raped, which I can't even fathom why more people aren't up in arms about, but I don't want to get any more political here.)
    Cyclops was right

On another note, the new trade prices are insane. 20 bucks each for the first 6 issues of Ant-Man and Black Widow. Who in God's name would pay cover for that?
    Cyclops was right

Is that from IST? Cause the Supergirl by PAD was 12 bucks and the Alan moore ST is like 11 apiece.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Marvel are really going crazy with these prices and 4 issue trades should be criminal.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Marvel are really going crazy with these prices and 4 issue trades should be criminal.
    I was in a LCS earlier today, and saw OML volume one. I immediately went to buy it, since I lve Lemire and Sorrentino's Green Arrow. Then. I saw that it was 20 bucks for 4 issues. Why would anyone pay that? It not like it won't get OHC'd either. It make no sense.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Oh, I didn't see that CBR article. Yeah, that sums it up pretty well. Only other thing is that the author clarified that she wrote it that way to show things from "a female perspective". Which apparently means being an outright horrific person who doesn't deserve to be called a hero. I can't believe the editors let it through. Its outright character wrecking. Its worse than what they're doing to Cyclops, for gods sake.

Obviously she doesn't deserve personal attacks, but god that just awful. I don't even really consider myself a feminist, but that cerytainyl isn't what that issue was.

(She also implies that its ridiculous for someone like Bobbi to be raped, which I can't even fathom why more people aren't up in arms about, but I don't want to get any more political here.)
    checked the cbr article and I don't get why this had to happen either? This is not even a retcon or not in the usual way. Retcons mostly try to slide some new information in, for example Silk. She was there all along we just didn't see her, fair enough. But this is straight up denial.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    checked the cbr article and I don't get why this had to happen either? This is not even a retcon or not in the usual way. Retcons mostly try to slide some new information in, for example Silk. She was there all along we just didn't see her, fair enough. But this is straight up denial.
    Exactly! It just makes Bobbi out to be a horrible person becausespoilers:
    she cheated on her husband, lied about it and "killed" her boyfriend on the side in order to cover up her scandalous behaviour
    end of spoilers. Very very silly. Not quite sure what the agenda was with this "retcon".
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 11-01-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Exactly! It just makes Bobbi out to be a horrible person becausespoilers:
    she cheated on her husband, lied about it and "killed" her boyfriend on the side in order to cover up her scandalous behaviour
    end of spoilers. Very very silly. Not quite sure what the agenda was with this "retcon".
    To rescue the Phantom Rider character. He is probably slated for potential use in the MCU somewhere, while Mockingbird is shelved. So getting that character off the hook for his deeds in-continuity is imperative.

Bizarre Marvel moves in 616 (or whatever the hell it is now), can usually be explained by its usefulness to the MCU.