Page 465 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565965 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 20773
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I don't think any of the cosmic omnibus collections have been in reading order, but rather each mini series and regular series, one after the other.
    It works in the previous collections, but in this one, it's rather annoying
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Amazing Member

Sad, but true. This is one time I regret preordering and would have been fine with OHC.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    Sad, but true. This is one time I regret preordering and would have been fine with OHC.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OHCs were not in reading order either right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OHCs were not in reading order either right?
    Considering the contents of the omni were spread across several different collected editions I would say no. I can understand the frustration though since you would think condensing it all into big collections would be the time to make a cohesive timeline reading order.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    I recently bought Hickmans new avengers ohc vol1 and vol2. Apeard marvel didnt include New Avengers annual(with amazing art by Marco Rudy) in this volumes, so-any ideas where it cold be found in marvel ohc line?
    you shouldn't have done that...New Avengers vol. 2 is completely collected in the Infinity OHC

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    you shouldn't have done that...New Avengers vol. 2 is completely collected in the Infinity OHC
    I didn't even realize this.

God dammit Marvel, between this and the GotG/WoK complete overlap, I'm getting a little pissed

Spectacular Member

I know Marvel are re-releasing a number of X-men OHC's in TPB format, such as X-Tinction Agenda and Bishop's Crossing, and making new releases of some of the thicker OHC/Omnibus books such as Inferno. Just wondering if there will be a difference in paper quality/reproduction with the OHC's, and if there is any chance Marvel might reprint the OHC's as I'd prefer those but quite a few are out of print.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I didn't even realize this.

God dammit Marvel, between this and the GotG/WoK complete overlap, I'm getting a little pissed
    Hey, worry not, the Infinity hardcover is constructed quite poorly in regards to paper quality and binding. My advice is to turn that into a readers copy - take it in the bath, light some candles, and relax knowing your other copy is safe on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I know Marvel are re-releasing a number of X-men OHC's in TPB format, such as X-Tinction Agenda and Bishop's Crossing, and making new releases of some of the thicker OHC/Omnibus books such as Inferno. Just wondering if there will be a difference in paper quality/reproduction with the OHC's, and if there is any chance Marvel might reprint the OHC's as I'd prefer those but quite a few are out of print.
    No one can say, Marvel collected editions is a little tied up printing Bendis' GotG over and over. But I think that for that old X-Men stuff, reprints are all going to be trades, like they've been doing. Maybe one day we will see HC releases of the oop X-Men stuff but they may be whole new editions or something.

Also X-Tinction Agenda and X-Cutioner's song were on shelves for what felt like an eternity. Same with Fall of the Mutants. I don't know how fast marvel is running to reprint old X-Hardcovers.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Thanks for the info. I've never been that bothered about picking up reprints of stuff I already had (and i've got the UXM GIT Corp DVD-Rom), but I have recently picked up some Masterworks and Omnibus' so I'm interested in getting hard copies of these stories looking as best as they can be. I can live with getting the TPB's depending on how the reprints compare. Any idea about the comparison in paper quality/colour reproduction between the TPB's and the OHC's?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    That's incorrect, the OHC you're thinking of is Avengers OHC 2, not New Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've never been that bothered about picking up reprints of stuff I already had (and i've got the UXM GIT Corp DVD-Rom), but I have recently picked up some Masterworks and Omnibus' so I'm interested in getting hard copies of these stories looking as best as they can be. I can live with getting the TPB's depending on how the reprints compare. Any idea about the comparison in paper quality/colour reproduction between the TPB's and the OHC's?
    To be honest I have little to no knowledge of the trades. I can tell you first-hand that the trades for Fall of the Mutants do not in any way match up to the paper quality of the old big OHC. That paper is really nice. Not sure if the binding is all that great. Inferno LOOKS to be in the same boat.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    To be honest I have little to no knowledge of the trades. I can tell you first-hand that the trades for Fall of the Mutants do not in any way match up to the paper quality of the old big OHC. That paper is really nice. Not sure if the binding is all that great. Inferno LOOKS to be in the same boat.
    Thanks a lot for the further info. Guess I'm better off picking the OHC/Omnibus editions where I can find them.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Anyone know if the DHOKF omnibus coming out tomorrow?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Anyone know if the DHOKF omnibus coming out tomorrow?
    Someone posted the below on the MMW Forum:

DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 DELLOTTO CVR will be available on the InStockTrades website tomorrow (Tuesday, November 8th) although the book can't leave our warehouse until Wednesday.

Our contact at Marvel said that the estimated arrival date for DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 CARDY DM VAR ED changes everyday and did not have a date to share with us. We will keep you posted as we learn new information.