Page 47 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157971475471047 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The interview I posted take about how the onmi is lee and ditkos full run. I haven't read it but I guess it's a short run. I don't know if there will be supplemental stories or if it continues a few issues after that. But it's probably not going to be the thickest omni. I'm sure it will be priced as a large onmi though... So... Yeah.
    Thats where the issue is. You posted a link to the cover, not the interview :P

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    The interview I posted take about how the onmi is lee and ditkos full run. I haven't read it but I guess it's a short run. I don't know if there will be supplemental stories or if it continues a few issues after that. But it's probably not going to be the thickest omni. I'm sure it will be priced as a large onmi though... So... Yeah.
    Based on the interview, the first three Doctor Strange omnibus look like this:

• Doctor Strange Omnibus, Vol. 1 (Strange Tales #110-111, 114-146 and Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2) [377pg, + letters pages and 50pg+ of bonus material)
    • Doctor Strange Omnibus, Vol. 2 (Strange Tales #147-183 and Marvel Feature #1, with Avengers #61, Sub-Mariner #22 and Incredible Hulk #126) [618p + letters pages]
    • Doctor Strange Omnibus, Vol. 3 (Marvel Premiere #3-14, Doctor Strange #1-18 and Tomb of Dracula #44) [568pg + letters pages]

I believe the editor said that it'll be listed at $74.99.
    Last edited by JShilpetski; 11-14-2015 at 01:19 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post

• Doctor Strange Omnibus, Vol. 1 (Strange Tales #110-111, 114-146 and Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2) [377pg, + letters pages and 50pg+ of bonus material)
    • Doctor Strange Omnibus, Vol. 2 (Strange Tales #147-183 and Marvel Feature #1, with Avengers #61, Sub-Mariner #22 and Incredible Hulk #126) [618p + letters pages]
    • Doctor Strange Omnibus, Vol. 3 (Marvel Premiere #3-14, Doctor Strange #1-18 and Tomb of Dracula #44) [568pg + letters pages]

God, I hope they don't call them vol 2 and vol 3. Cause I'd buy vol 3 for the Engelhart stuff but I don't care for Lee's writing and having only a vol 3 on the shelf is a bit harsh for my ocd.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Thanks, so these stop just short of the end of MMW vol. 6...

This is so stupid. They could easily make it just two volumes but noooo they just have to suck every nickel out of us..

I'll believe that when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    God, I hope they don't call them vol 2 and vol 3. Cause I'd buy vol 3 for the Engelhart stuff but I don't care for Lee's writing and having only a vol 3 on the shelf is a bit harsh for my ocd.
    I agree with everything you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    This is so stupid. They could easily make it just two volumes but noooo they just have to suck every nickel out of us..
    Well, if they were to do them at $75 each, which I doubt they will, then combining vol. 1-2, which is about an average or decent size omnibus, would make it $150. Personally, I think they'll charge $100 each (think Hawkeye or Aaron's Punisher), so really it's $200 for that one omnibus. Damn, Marvel, you suck. Of course I can't complain because I'm not wasting any money on Stan Lee's drivel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Well, if they were to do them at $75 each, which I doubt they will, then combining vol. 1-2, which is about an average or decent size omnibus, would make it $150. Personally, I think they'll charge $100 each (think Hawkeye or Aaron's Punisher), so really it's $200 for that one omnibus. Damn, Marvel, you suck. Of course I can't complain because I'm not wasting any money on Stan Lee's drivel.
    While a price gouge is possible there have been some thin omnis for reasonable, young avengers, minibus, and the superior foes is still listed at a mid range price. For 300 some odd page count even with release week discounts $75 or more would be ridiculous.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Thats where the issue is. You posted a link to the cover, not the interview :P
    I must have took it down when I fixed some things. I'll get the real one up when I'm home.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Managed to get a great copy of the Currently out of print Invincible Iron Man Volume 1 Omnibus for $50 from a guy in town here that was selling it off! Now to hope for a decently priced Volume 2..

Hey everyone, really sorry.
    Here is the link to the interview I accidentally edited out.
    http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...ht_111215.html

My apologies everyone. Forgive.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Doesn't look like it's been mentioned, Barnes & Noble is having there buy 2 get the 3rd free sale on Marvel and DC.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/dc-c...-free/_/N-2cp4
    it's all in the reflexes

Quote Originally Posted by ThePorkChopEx View Post
    Doesn't look like it's been mentioned, Barnes & Noble is having there buy 2 get the 3rd free sale on Marvel and DC.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/dc-c...-free/_/N-2cp4
    This sale had some good value last year when the prices were semi-competitive. They jacked the prices up so much this year, that it's not even worth it.

FYI, Netflix is releasing their Jessica Jones show on Friday. There was a run on Daredevil collected editions following the release of that show and Marvel was caught flat-footed. If you are on the fence about the Alias Omnibus (or any of the TPB's) it might be time to grab it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    FYI, Netflix is releasing their Jessica Jones show on Friday. There was a run on Daredevil collected editions following the release of that show and Marvel was caught flat-footed. If you are on the fence about the Alias Omnibus (or any of the TPB's) it might be time to grab it.
    Yeah I grabbed it ASAP as soon as the omnibus started getting pricier. Got a nice copy from a private seller for €50 last week. Finished it already
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47