Page 473 of 988 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573973 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 14812
  1. #7081
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    There is a little more to it than what people have been making out.

    With the OHC's you have to start with New Avengers 1, stop reading it halfway and pick up Avengers 1, then read Infinity, then New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 are pretty spliced together, then Time Runs Out.

    And we're also assuming they aren't going to stick Avengers World in there...
    Not really as complicated as all that. I honestly can't imagine why someone would want to read back and forth between New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 OHCs. They're self-contained, they don't really go back and forth. They don't start following the same storyline until Time Runs Out, which is why Time Runs Out was released the way it was. The OHCs are actually quite easy to read and require no back and forth at all as long as they're read in the proper order. The only part that could seem odd is that the second half of the first New Avengers OHC is in Infinity. (and just skip buying Avengers OHC2)

  2. #7082
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Not really as complicated as all that. I honestly can't imagine why someone would want to read back and forth between New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 OHCs. They're self-contained, they don't really go back and forth. They don't start following the same storyline until Time Runs Out, which is why Time Runs Out was released the way it was. The OHCs are actually quite easy to read and require no back and forth at all as long as they're read in the proper order. The only part that could seem odd is that the second half of the first New Avengers OHC is in Infinity. (and just skip buying Avengers OHC2)
    Absolutely this.

    People seem to have invented a reading order that isn't remotely required because it's Hickman so they assume there's some higher story to be got reading it in order. There isn't. It works and reads absolutely perfectly well, in some cases better, read as you say.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  3. #7083
    Mighty Member Peter Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    Did somebody read the Spider-Man Tombstone Vol. 1 Tpb?
    Is it worth buying?
    If you are into that era of Spidey, absolutely.

  4. #7084
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    If you are into that era of Spidey, absolutely.
    Thanks for your info. I think I am gonna buy it.
    I've read an old spidey story when I was a little kid with Tombstone and Robertson...
    I hope it is included in this collection. Because reading old stories again brings so many good memories back =)
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 11-13-2016 at 12:52 PM.

  5. #7085
    Mighty Member Peter Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    Thanks for your info. I think I am gonna buy it.
    I've read an old spidey story when I was a little kid with Tombstone and Robertson...
    I hope it is included in this collection. Because reading old stories again brings so many good memories back =)
    Its probably in there, the fall of Joe Robertson is an integral part of the story. I'm a little nervous there has been no vol. 2 solicited.

  6. #7086
    Amazing Member Yaggi_Rck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Actually, there could be a need for the run to be collected in a specific order. Otherwise, some payoffs would be spoiled before they're properly introduced.

    spoilers:
    For example, Hulk's switch from the main team to the Illuminati. Reading month to month, there was a proper transition, but if you just read each series' tpb, it seems to happen out of the blue in N.A., IIRC.
    end of spoilers

    Besides, even though they're sister titles and the back and forth between them is minimal at first, it could be a good opportunity for Hickman to settle the pace in which it should be read.

    spoilers:
    Given that 'Avengers' needed to coincide with the movie release, it made sense from a publishing point to have that title launch first, even though we now know that Hickman's story properly started in New Avengers, which could translate to the Omnibus having the first three issues of N.A. before A #1. All of this I take from seeing how he had some input with the Secret Wars collected edition and how the publishing schedule forced him to make some changes from the monthly flow of the story to the collected one.
    end of spoilers

    Granted, it's not that big of a deal if they just publish it interweaving the hc/tpb's, it just got me thinking that's all.

  7. #7087
    Mighty Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Actually, there could be a need for the run to be collected in a specific order. Otherwise, some payoffs would be spoiled before they're properly introduced.

    spoilers:
    For example, Hulk's switch from the main team to the Illuminati. Reading month to month, there was a proper transition, but if you just read each series' tpb, it seems to happen out of the blue in N.A., IIRC.
    end of spoilers

    Besides, even though they're sister titles and the back and forth between them is minimal at first, it could be a good opportunity for Hickman to settle the pace in which it should be read.

    spoilers:
    Given that 'Avengers' needed to coincide with the movie release, it made sense from a publishing point to have that title launch first, even though we now know that Hickman's story properly started in New Avengers, which could translate to the Omnibus having the first three issues of N.A. before A #1. All of this I take from seeing how he had some input with the Secret Wars collected edition and how the publishing schedule forced him to make some changes from the monthly flow of the story to the collected one.
    end of spoilers

    Granted, it's not that big of a deal if they just publish it interweaving the hc/tpb's, it just got me thinking that's all.
    Any idea when we will get more information on the Omnibus and its structure?

  8. #7088
    Fantastic Member slop101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered (I checked and couldn't find specific info), but how does the new War of Kings Omni fit in continuity with The GoG Omni and the two Annihilation Omnis; before, after, during?

  9. #7089
    Mighty Member Mr`Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered (I checked and couldn't find specific info), but how does the new War of Kings Omni fit in continuity with The GoG Omni and the two Annihilation Omnis; before, after, during?
    I think it was the second to last event in the Marvel Cosmic Universe. Off hand I think it went like this:

    Annihilation
    Nova
    Annihilation Conquest
    War of Kings
    Realm of Kings
    Thanos Imperative
    Then Annihilators

  10. #7090
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Question since we're talking about Hickman's Avengers.
    When did Thor get the unworthy hammer he was carrying? Did that happen in the Thor monthly series? I'm only reading that in Aaron's OHC, so maybe I haven't gotten to it yet.
    Sort of a trivial question but was curious.
    Also
    Semi Spoiler

















    Toward the end he cannot pick up the hammer because he's become worthy again. But not he's not. Did that get negated due to Secret Wars?

  11. #7091
    Amazing Member Yaggi_Rck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Question since we're talking about Hickman's Avengers.
    When did Thor get the unworthy hammer he was carrying? Did that happen in the Thor monthly series? I'm only reading that in Aaron's OHC, so maybe I haven't gotten to it yet.
    Sort of a trivial question but was curious.
    Also
    Semi Spoiler

















    Toward the end he cannot pick up the hammer because he's become worthy again. But not he's not. Did that get negated due to Secret Wars?
    spoilers:
    The hammer he carries during TRO, belonged to Thorr, a Thor from a different universe (read the first Avengers' arc post-Infinity for more info). Apparently, Aaron doesn't take that into consideration in the story he's telling.
    end of spoilers

  12. #7092
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Thanks for the response!

  13. #7093
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    spoilers:
    The hammer he carries during TRO, belonged to Thorr, a Thor from a different universe (read the first Avengers' arc post-Infinity for more info). Apparently, Aaron doesn't take that into consideration in the story he's telling.
    end of spoilers
    Wasn't there a time jump with Time Runs Out as well? For that I think it happens X amount of months in the future, or whatever. This could account for the discrepancy.

  14. #7094
    multiple choice Orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Deadworld
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack
    Not really as complicated as all that. I honestly can't imagine why someone would want to read back and forth between New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 OHCs. They're self-contained, they don't really go back and forth. They don't start following the same storyline until Time Runs Out, which is why Time Runs Out was released the way it was. The OHCs are actually quite easy to read and require no back and forth at all as long as they're read in the proper order. The only part that could seem odd is that the second half of the first New Avengers OHC is in Infinity. (and just skip buying Avengers OHC2)
    Because story points happen that affect the other book at different points within each book. As was pointed out by another poster, Hulk's situation wouldn't make sense if you just read one straight through then the other.


    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Absolutely this.

    People seem to have invented a reading order that isn't remotely required because it's Hickman so they assume there's some higher story to be got reading it in order. There isn't. It works and reads absolutely perfectly well, in some cases better, read as you say.
    I honestly can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to say here

  15. #7095
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,855

    Default

    Marvel Masterworks: Amazing Spider-Man Volume 19
    Reprints: Amazing Spider-Man #193-202, Annual #13, Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1
    (Vol. 245 in the Marvel Masterworks Library)
    Release Date: June 14, 2017
    296 Pages
    Collection Editor: Cory Sedlmeier
    Written by Marv Wolfman with Bill Mantlo
    Penciled by Keith Pollard with John Byrne, Rich Buckler, Sal Buscema & Al Milgrom
    Cover by John Romita



    SPIDEY MASTERWORKS REACHES ITS 200TH ISSUE MILESTONE!
    The Amazing Spider-Man swings toward an historic 200th issue! Peter Parker has faced villain after villain after villain over the course of his heroic career, but despite all those victories one moment will forever torment him ó the death of his Uncle Ben. Our hero is struck low when not only does Aunt May die, but the man who killed Uncle Ben returns. Itís a saga that plumbs the emotional depths of Peter Parkerís life like no other. As Spidey struggles through his grief, old villains and new faces emerge: The Kingpin returns; Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat, makes her first appearance; Mysterio weaves his illusions; Spidey faces Doc Ock in an Annual extravaganza; and a gang war forces a team-up with the Punisher!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •