Page 477 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527577977 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Many of us like the Clone Saga and recognize it's more good than bad. It's not even the best example of what the collections department "slaps together".

90's Firsts Omnibus
    Random Issue Omnibus by John Byrne
    Random Issues Women of Marvel Omnibus
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Marvel just omni'd the clone saga, i don't think quality factors into what their collection department slaps together :P
    Marvel has never taken quality as a factor into what it collects. I don't think the Clone saga is a good example tho. Does the "90s firsts" ring a bell? LOL

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Marvel has never taken quality as a factor into what it collects. I don't think the Clone saga is a good example tho. Does the "90s firsts" ring a bell? LOL
    I still can't believe this got additional TP releases

Can't choose between 2 books and need some help. I have the ASM vol 1 omni. And I have all of hickmans avenges ohcs but time runs out. I cant decide which to get. On one hand I already know I like hickmans avengers. But Spiderman I haven't read of yet. It is the oldest comic material I have and I love the character. I'm worried that asm vol 2 is gonna sell out soonish. So its between asm vol 2 omni or the time runs out ohc. Which would you choose?

asm vol 2 ftw.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Can't choose between 2 books and need some help. I have the ASM vol 1 omni. And I have all of hickmans avenges ohcs but time runs out. I cant decide which to get. On one hand I already know I like hickmans avengers. But Spiderman I haven't read of yet. It is the oldest comic material I have and I love the character. I'm worried that asm vol 2 is gonna sell out soonish. So its between asm vol 2 omni or the time runs out ohc. Which would you choose?
    Definitely ASM Vol. 2 Omni - some great stories and art. And yes, I reckon as the Spidey film approaches, more copies of the Omni will be sold whereas the Marvel OHCs generally are around for quite a while and eventually get clearanced/remaindered. You'll probably end up being able to pick up Time Runs Out for pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I'd say ASM Volume 2 too, but I am biased
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

Whenever the Hickman Avengers volume 2 gets solicited, it'll supplant Time Runs Out, and people (me!) will be rushing to dump the OHC. Supply goes up, price goes down.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered (I checked and couldn't find specific info), but how does the new War of Kings Omni fit in continuity with The GoG Omni and the two Annihilation Omnis; before, after, during?
    I sold my GotG Omni, as it will be divided and reprinted across the 3x War of Kings Omni being released, so the Cosmic Marvel continuity will be:
    Annihilation Omnibus
    Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus
    Road to War of Kings Omnibus (contains Secret Invasion crossover issues)
    X-Men/Inhumans: War of Kings Omnibus
    War of Kings Aftermath: Realm of Kings Omnibus
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Bendis Omnibus

Hope this helps

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Whenever the Hickman Avengers volume 2 gets solicited, it'll supplant Time Runs Out, and people (me!) will be rushing to dump the OHC. Supply goes up, price goes down.
    One of Krisis' predictions on Hickman Avengers vol.2 ended before Time Runs Out, but included the full run of Avengers World #1-21 - I'd rather see this than a straight collection of the existing OHCs:
    http://crushingkrisis.com/2016/06/ma...-12-11-and-10/

Maybe collect Avengers World #17-21, Time Runs Out OHC & Secret Wars OHC as a Vol.3 Omnibus?
    Last edited by jm21; 11-19-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    I sold my GotG Omni, as it will be divided and reprinted across the 3x War of Kings Omni being released, so the Cosmic Marvel continuity will be:
    Annihilation Omnibus
    Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus
    Road to War of Kings Omnibus (contains Secret Invasion crossover issues)
    X-Men/Inhumans: War of Kings Omnibus
    War of Kings Aftermath: Realm of Kings Omnibus
    Guardians of the Galaxy by Bendis Omnibus

Hope this helps
    I take offense at the Bendis Omni being included in that lineup. Bendis didn't even read any of the previous cosmic stuff. He contradicts it left and right.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I take offense at the Bendis Omni being included in that lineup. Bendis didn't even read any of the previous cosmic stuff. He contradicts it left and right.
    Agreed. Bendis's Guardians is bottom of the barrel stuff and should be avoided at all costs by fans of earlier Marvel cosmic. It's really only good for people who are new to cosmic who also liked the Guardians movie, since Bendis completely changes all the characters to fit with the movie, ignoring the vast majority of the characters' histories.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Lol - I've not read much of the Bendis era, but hear bad things. As the question was about continuity / timeline of events in relation to the DnA material, I thought I would drop it in as "what came after".

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Just got the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnibus ... What horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE paper.

It doesn't help that I just finished reading a YA hardcover from the library that had lovely, thick, smoooooooth paper, that made my fingers happy every time I turned a page.

I need to seriously rethink my hobby.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Just got the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnibus ... What horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE paper.

It doesn't help that I just finished reading a YA hardcover from the library that had lovely, thick, smoooooooth paper, that made my fingers happy every time I turned a page.

I need to seriously rethink my hobby.
    or just don't buy Marvel or at least physical copies. Maybe epics. There are plety of lovely books out there from other publishers.