Page 48 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258981485481048 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah I grabbed it ASAP as soon as the omnibus started getting pricier. Got a nice copy from a private seller for €50 last week. Finished it already
    did you like it?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    did you like it?
    Yeah, yeah I did. It falls in the exact same category as Bendis's Daredevil. Great plots, strong characterization but sometimes jarring dialogue. But yeah it's definitely some of Bendis's best work with very strong and interesting plots. The art left a lot to desired unfortunately. It looked great but the facial expressions were all very similiar and hard to read, so a lot of the emotional scenes could be have been better. I really wish Maleev would have drawn this, that would've been awesome. All in all, a pretty good book. I bet people who dislike Bendis less than me will LOVE this book.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Yeah, yeah I did. It falls in the exact same category as Bendis's Daredevil. Great plots, strong characterization but sometimes jarring dialogue. But yeah it's definitely some of Bendis's best work with very strong and interesting plots. The art left a lot to desired unfortunately. It looked great but the facial expressions were all very similiar and hard to read, so a lot of the emotional scenes could be have been better. I really wish Maleev would have drawn this, that would've been awesome. All in all, a pretty good book. I bet people who dislike Bendis less than me will LOVE this book.
    Thanks for opinion, waiting for my copy, won't happen before 20th unfortuntely.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    While a price gouge is possible there have been some thin omnis for reasonable, young avengers, minibus, and the superior foes is still listed at a mid range price. For 300 some odd page count even with release week discounts $75 or more would be ridiculous.
    Good point on Young Avengers. I forgot about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Managed to get a great copy of the Currently out of print Invincible Iron Man Volume 1 Omnibus for $50 from a guy in town here that was selling it off! Now to hope for a decently priced Volume 2..
    Wow, great deal on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    did you like it?
    Alias is one of Bendis' best works. Even non-Bendis fans whom I know have enjoyed it.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 11-15-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Does anyone who a comprehensive list of oversized Marvel hardcovers like the one on the first page?

I'm looking to get the post Lee Spider-Man omnis and was wondering what the reading order is between untold, Stern, and the David one.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Just saw these 2 listed on Amazon. They don't give issue numbers but I'm guessing the X-Factor trade is X-Factor #1-?

X-Factor: Genesis & Apocalypse (X-Men) Paperback – May 24, 2016

As one of the greatest X-Men of all makes her triumphant return, one of mutantkind's deadliest threats debuts! When Jean Grey is found alive - with a little help from the Avengers and the Fantastic Four - she reunites with the rest of Xavier's original class to form X-Factor! But as Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman face new enemies Tower and Frenzy, little do they know the villains are part of an Alliance of Evil led by... Apocalypse! They'll encounter uncanny new foes like Bulk and Glow Worm, and old sparring partners in Freedom Force, but there's no question who will rise to the role of their arch-nemesis. The story of En Sabah Nur begins here!

X-Men: The Rise of Apocalypse Paperback – May 31, 2016

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I'm looking to get the post Lee Spider-Man omnis and was wondering what the reading order is between untold, Stern, and the David one.
    The "Untold" Omnibus is best read alongside the first Lee Omnibus i.e. ASM Vol. 1, as these are so called "untold" tales of Spidey during his early days. There's a reading order in the Untold Tales Omnibus. The "Stern" Omnibus should be read after ASM Vol. 2 and the "David Michelinie" Omnibus is the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Actually, that's the order, although technically Untold should be read with Lee's Volume 1 as the stories take place within those stories. Not that big of a deal, but it could make for a nice read if decided to go back and read Vol. 1. There's actually a reading order list in the Untold omnibus.

Update: Raffi's quick. He beat me to it.

Thanks guys. And man that was fast 1 minute within each other lol.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Just saw these 2 listed on Amazon. They don't give issue numbers but I'm guessing the X-Factor trade is X-Factor #1-?

As one of the greatest X-Men of all makes her triumphant return, one of mutantkind's deadliest threats debuts! When Jean Grey is found alive - with a little help from the Avengers and the Fantastic Four - she reunites with the rest of Xavier's original class to form X-Factor! But as Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman face new enemies Tower and Frenzy, little do they know the villains are part of an Alliance of Evil led by... Apocalypse! They'll encounter uncanny new foes like Bulk and Glow Worm, and old sparring partners in Freedom Force, but there's no question who will rise to the role of their arch-nemesis. The story of En Sabah Nur begins here!

This sounds like it'll cover X-Factor 1-9 or maybe more. Awesome stuff!

Also ecstatic to see that Spider-Man: Tombstone is finally being collected.

http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Tom...GZAN8GCTGCEXS0

Proctor and The Gatherers storyline from Avengers is about all that's missing.

I thought the exact opposite about the art! Not that I'd of minded Maleev but that argument could be made for anything with me. What did you find jarring about the dialogue? Something specific or just what you usually feel about Bendis?

I hope the level of swearing is maintained in the show, it's a big part of her character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I thought the exact opposite about the art! Not that I'd of minded Maleev but that argument could be made for anything with me. What did you find jarring about the dialogue? Something specific or just what you usually feel about Bendis?

I hope the level of swearing is maintained in the show, it's a big part of her character.
    I agree that the Gaydos art was good. The Bagley sections are bad, IMO, and that continues over to the first arc of Jessica Jones: The Pulse. The idea for the different contrast between Gaydos, Bagley and Mack is good though.

Story wise, it's definitely entertaining and engaging the whole way through, but I think the hype might be a little overblown on it. The cases are interesting, but not mind-blowing. It's good but it's not like Watchmen or whatever the introductory preface said. The last arc with Purple Man was just a giant meta-circle jerk that was super disappointing. There are some interesting things Bendis does with the scripting of the whole series that are unique, but then at the same time, sometimes Bendis goes too Bendis-y, especially with the dialogue.

There are very strong ideas in there with the character and the overall plot, especially with the Purple Man arc despite it's poor execution on the page, and I think the Netflix series is really going to fine tune those and punch them up in ways the comics didn't and maybe couldn't do.

The swearing is "meh." Yeah it adds some realism to a degree, especially when you don't have to substitute in $%#@ in the actual dialogue bubbles. But I don't think the frequency of it, especially F-Bombs, is that great. I'm sure there will be some on the show, but you can have good, realistic writing using some bad words without going overboard.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post

The dialogue was usual Bendis stuff, very rambling and unnatural (imo. I know we've had this discussion before but I never heard someone talk the way Bendis writes). The art looked great but I just didn't dig the facial expressions. The scene that comes to mind the most is spoilers:
    that scene in arc 1 where the "sister" that set Jessica up is being confronted and is so terrified that she fainted. I don't know what Gaydos was going but it didn't work the way I think Bendis wanted it to be. The words and pictures don't always align so to say
    end of spoilers
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post

This is one of the reasons I'm so against reprints. Marvel obviously recognise there will be interest in the first appearance of Apocalypse. So, the new film, perfect chance for an X-Factor omnibus covering his origins and the Horsemen stuff from that series.......but no, we get a reprint of a god awful 90s event that was a shelf warmer the first time round.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God