Page 480 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580980 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 20744

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    Save your money! Or if you must burn it, just go out in the yard and light it on fire. You'll be better off than buying that turd.
    ha ha ha. And I thought I could be ruthless about some books, like, oh I don't know . . . . X-Men AoA

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    or just don't buy Marvel or at least physical copies. Maybe epics. There are plety of lovely books out there from other publishers.
    I don't like digital copies and I'm a long long time Marvel zombie. But given my growing unhappiness with Marvel both in content and physical book quality, it may be time to walk away from the hobby again.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    This might be an unpopular opinion. As long as there's no image bleed through, the paper is not distractingly wavy, and there's no real risk of tearing the page just by me turning it, I prefer thinner paper. The latest several Marvel omnis I purchased (Ms. Marvel, MoKF 2, WoK) are fine IMO.

If I only intended to own a dozen or two volumes, I would prefer thicker paper just for the tactile pleasure and sense of high quality. But if thinner paper means that the hundreds of volumes on my shelf take up 30% less space, it's a quality downgrade I'm willing to accept. For me, the main downside of this hobby we share (besides price) is how much space it takes up. I'm already at the point of needing to cull volumes from my shelves because of space concerns.
    Well, then Marvel's lower quality build isn't a big as deal for you, but I disagree in part. For the premium price I'm paying, I want a premium product (which just about every company but Marvel delivers).

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I've as many space concerns as any avid collector. I've posted pics of my four fullsize bookshelves that are now overflowing into plastic bins in the closet. I'd gladly give up 30% of my collection if it meant getting high quality books like the IDW New Mutants slipcase I picked up the other month. Thick paper and quality casewrap--its just the opposite philosophy of the Marvel Collected Editions department where cutting corners and raising prices is the name of the game. Hell, I'll never be able to reread all the books I own, so I'd be better off with fewer books of higher quality that'll stand multiple readings.
    I agree. Space is one of many factors in my collecting, but value for my dollar is also a consideration. I conserve space by limiting what books / characters / creators I buy.

All that said, I got the second volume of the Shang Chi Omnibus today, and the paper quality is a little better. It's still thin for me, but it's smoother than the Deadly Hands Omnibus. I'm wondering if they used an even less quality paper for the latter, since it was a black and white?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-23-2016 at 12:36 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

SPIDER-MAN’S TANGLED WEB OMNIBUS GLENN FABRY Cover:

SPIDER-MAN’S TANGLED WEB OMNIBUS LEE WEEKS Cover (DM ONLY):

Collecting TANGLED WEB #1-4 and SPIDER-MAN’S TANGLED WEB #5-22

Both very good covers, but the Lee Weeks cover is the one for me. I still can't get my head around the fact that this is going for $100 at only 560 pages, and these issues are generally easily obtainable in cheaper formats. Have they carried out some amazing restoration or what?

SPIDER-MAN BY DAVID MICHELINIE & ERIK LARSEN OMNIBUS Cover by ERIK LARSEN:

Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #287, #324, #327 and #329-350; SPIDER-MAN (1990) #15, #18, #19-20 (A stories) and #21-23; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #19-21; and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #48-50

A definite buy for me.

MS. MARVEL VOL. 3 OHC Cover by CLIFF CHIANG:

Collecting MS. MARVEL (2015) #1-12

STAR WARS VOL. 2 OHC DAVID AJA Cover:

STAR WARS VOL. 2 OHC TERRY DODSON Cover (DM ONLY):

Collecting STAR WARS (2015) #15-25 and ANNUAL #1

DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 2 JEFF DEKAL Cover:

DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 2 EARL NOREM Cover (DM ONLY):

Collecting DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU (1974) #19-33 and material from BIZARRE ADVENTURES #25

That Jeff Dekal cover is just awful IMHO - very "squarish" and "computerish", maybe it's the colouring and/or inking as opposed to the art that makes the final product look so bad.
    Fantastic Earl Norem cover, however.

POWERS: THE BUREAU SAGA OHC Cover by MICHAEL AVON OEMING:

The complete collection of Powers: Bureau.

MAX RIDE: FINAL FLIGHT OHC Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA:

Collecting MAX RIDE: FINAL FLIGHT #1-5

DEADPOOL: BAD BLOOD OGN-HC Cover by ROB LIEFELD:

There's no mention in the solicitation as to whether this is oversized or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    SPIDER-MAN BY DAVID MICHELINIE & ERIK LARSEN OMNIBUS Cover by ERIK LARSEN:

Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #287, #324, #327 and #329-350; SPIDER-MAN (1990) #15, #18, #19-20 (A stories) and #21-23; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #19-21; and material from MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS (1988) #48-50

A definite buy for me.
    I still haven't decided whether I'll go for this or the Epic Collections (Cosmic Adventures and The Return of the Sinister Six) instead. I'm a bit unsure of what would be best to read in terms of content - this omnibus or both Epics?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I still haven't decided whether I'll go for this or the Epic Collections (Cosmic Adventures and The Return of the Sinister Six) instead. I'm a bit unsure of what would be best to read in terms of content - this omnibus or both Epics?
    Both options - Omnibus and Epics - have material the other doesn't. The Spider-Man issues aren't in the Epics and the Epics have tons of Acts of Vengeance crossovers not in the Omnibus. I think one of the Epics has that absolutely awful Charles Vess graphic novel as well. Your best option is the Omni AND Cosmic Adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Both options - Omnibus and Epics - have material the other doesn't. The Spider-Man issues aren't in the Epics and the Epics have tons of Acts of Vengeance crossovers not in the Omnibus. I think one of the Epics has that absolutely awful Charles Vess graphic novel as well. Your best option is the Omni AND Cosmic Adventures.
    I already have the Charles Vess GN so that would be one less thing I'd double dip on if I got the omnibus. The Spider-man by Macfarlane Omnibus has SPIDER-MAN (1990) 1-14 and 16 in it, so this new omnibus ties in well having SPIDER-MAN (1990) #15, #18, #19-20 (A stories) and #21-23 in it. I'm leaning towards getting the omnibus now.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I already have the Charles Vess GN so that would be one less thing I'd double dip on if I got the omnibus. The Spider-man by Macfarlane Omnibus has SPIDER-MAN (1990) 1-14 and 16 in it, so this new omnibus ties in well having SPIDER-MAN (1990) #15, #18, #19-20 (A stories) and #21-23 in it. I'm leaning towards getting the omnibus now.
    Yeah, you'll not get those Spider-man issues unless you buy the Revenge of the Sinister Six book that came out a few years ago. Fair warning though, those stories from the first few years of Adjectiveless Spider-Man are total garbage, but fairly pretty to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    I think one of the Epics has that absolutely awful Charles Vess graphic novel as well.

Yes, Return of the SS has Vess's Spirits of the Earth (which ain't good) but the Round Robin has the Fear Itself GN, and by God did I want to rip my eyes out after reading it.