Page 481 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581981 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 20771

Getting the Powers which I didn't even know about and the two SM books.
    By the way, is SM giving birth on the Weeks' cover?

CGN has their Black Friday sale going ... think I'm going to pass this year for all the usual reasons: Lack of space (we just moved a few months ago) and to be honest nothing is really blowing my skirt up. I have pretty much everything I need now and would rather save the cash. Also my reading backlog is huge.

I will recommend picking up the Marvel the Untold Story SC book to anyone looking to pick up a nice behind-the-scenes book on the history of Marvel Comics. Found that at my local bookstore yesterday and am already about 130 pages into it! It's great seeing what was going on behind the scenes for all those many years! And it's cheap! You can't go wrong with $17!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    CGN has their Black Friday sale going ... think I'm going to pass this year for all the usual reasons: Lack of space (we just moved a few months ago) and to be honest nothing is really blowing my skirt up. I have pretty much everything I need now and would rather save the cash. Also my reading backlog is huge.

I will recommend picking up the Marvel the Untold Story SC book to anyone looking to pick up a nice behind-the-scenes book on the history of Marvel Comics. Found that at my local bookstore yesterday and am already about 130 pages into it! It's great seeing what was going on behind the scenes for all those many years! And it's cheap! You can't go wrong with $17!
    I've listened to the audiobook twice and loved it. Same with Supergods.

I noticed you didn't that the Atlanta, GA location by your Spider-Man icon. (Damn, that sounds stalker-ish. LOL)

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

How did you move your books? What container type did you pack the books into if I may ask?
    I'm about to have to pack mine up, I close on my house Jan 4 but will need to start packing over the December timeframe.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I grabbed a few flash tpbs and the shield omnibus. Sure it's the silly agents of shield cover but you can't go wrong for oversized classic Steranko shield for only $40... otherwise not a lot to write home about (for me at least).

I've also read that that history of marvel book - very entertaining
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    How did you move your books? What container type did you pack the books into if I may ask?
    I'm about to have to pack mine up, I close on my house Jan 4 but will need to start packing over the December timeframe.
    I put everything that would fit into long comic boxes. They're really great for moving and offer pretty decent protection. So it wasn't too bad except for the weight. HCs and TPBs get heavy very quickly when you fill a long box up with them ... probably 70-80 lbs each (even more with the boxes primarily filled with Omnis). Since the Omnibus books are slightly too wide/tall for the long boxes, I laid them flat then filled in the spaces around with TPBs.

For the few high dollar single issues and signed books I had, I put them in rubbermaid containers, laid flat with packing, and filled up all the empty spaces with packing peanuts or bubble wrap.

To be honest I kind of cheated. I had a fairly sizable collection of about 20 long boxes after I got finished packing, plus a few other smaller boxes of odds and ends. I probably only moved about a quarter of the entire collection. I took the remainder and moved them back into my old room at my parent's house since it's not being used for anything other than an occasional guest room. Personally I didn't feel like using our moving truck space to move that many comics ~500 miles. Moving ain't cheap, especially with a wife and 2 kids and a house full of stuff!

My goal is to slowly move the remainder of my comics as I go back for visits now and then, a little at a time. I have a lot of room in our basement, but I'm wary of leaving collectible books down there, long-term since the basement is unfinished. So I'm taking my time and not in any hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I noticed you didn't that the Atlanta, GA location by your Spider-Man icon. (Damn, that sounds stalker-ish. LOL)
    Stalk away!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

We, too, have a prospective move coming in 2017 and I am already dreading the comic-moving portion of the process. Moving guitars and musical equipment is nerve-wracking enough
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Hmm, to pick up the OHC's of Ms. Marvel or the current Vol. 1 Omni and hope they keep putting it out in omni form...

Tbh, I typically like OHC's better than chunky omni's but slim omni's ala Superior Foes are that sweet spot for me, which makes the choice even harder.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsa View Post
    Hmm, to pick up the OHC's of Ms. Marvel or the current Vol. 1 Omni and hope they keep putting it out in omni form...

Tbh, I typically like OHC's better than chunky omni's but slim omni's ala Superior Foes are that sweet spot for me, which makes the choice even harder.
    I just got the Omni. Looks well built on first glance. I'm sure volume 2 will come once the series actually starts going.
    Cyclops was right

I put everything that would fit into long comic boxes. They're really great for moving and offer pretty decent protection. So it wasn't too bad except for the weight. HCs and TPBs get heavy very quickly when you fill a long box up with them ... probably 70-80 lbs each (even more with the boxes primarily filled with Omnis). Since the Omnibus books are slightly too wide/tall for the long boxes, I laid them flat then filled in the spaces around with TPBs.

For the few high dollar single issues and signed books I had, I put them in rubbermaid containers, laid flat with packing, and filled up all the empty spaces with packing peanuts or bubble wrap.

To be honest I kind of cheated. I had a fairly sizable collection of about 20 long boxes after I got finished packing, plus a few other smaller boxes of odds and ends. I probably only moved about a quarter of the entire collection. I took the remainder and moved them back into my old room at my parent's house since it's not being used for anything other than an occasional guest room. Personally I didn't feel like using our moving truck space to move that many comics ~500 miles. Moving ain't cheap, especially with a wife and 2 kids and a house full of stuff!

My goal is to slowly move the remainder of my comics as I go back for visits now and then, a little at a time. I have a lot of room in our basement, but I'm wary of leaving collectible books down there, long-term since the basement is unfinished. So I'm taking my time and not in any hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    We, too, have a prospective move coming in 2017 and I am already dreading the comic-moving portion of the process. Moving guitars and musical equipment is nerve-wracking enough
    My wife, two kids, and I sold our house and moved around 1,500 miles from Missouri to California this past July. I used a lot of the Diamond boxes I received from DCBS/IST and a lot of bubble wrap to pack my books. It was a lot of work and I really did it all myself as I am more careful than family members would be. I also donated ten boxes of my individual issues and sold three boxes before we moved, so that made the move a little easier. We ended up renting some of those U-Haul U-box containers to move all our stuff and they worked really well.

Now I have most of my books set up, but the townhouse we're currently renting is a bit small so everything isn't quite like I'd like. When we buy a house I'll make sure to get a good space for my books. I will miss having a nice big basement since they are not in fashion in earthquake-prone California.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsa View Post

I am confused. If you like the slimmer books, why spend more to get a red logo on the spine?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I am confused. If you like the slimmer books, why spend more to get a red logo on the spine?
    The Omni is only 20 issues, so its pretty thin.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    My wife, two kids, and I sold our house and moved around 1,500 miles from Missouri to California this past July. I used a lot of the Diamond boxes I received from DCBS/IST and a lot of bubble wrap to pack my books. It was a lot of work and I really did it all myself as I am more careful than family members would be. I also donated ten boxes of my individual issues and sold three boxes before we moved, so that made the move a little easier. We ended up renting some of those U-Haul U-box containers to move all our stuff and they worked really well.

Now I have most of my books set up, but the townhouse we're currently renting is a bit small so everything isn't quite like I'd like. When we buy a house I'll make sure to get a good space for my books. I will miss having a nice big basement since they are not in fashion in earthquake-prone California.
    Same here! We moved into our new house this summer and I used a lot of bubblewrap and those IST Diamond boxes for my OHCs/Omnibus. Had 60 to 70 of those boxes (I stopped throwing them away almost 2 years prior when we began looking for a house) and they were perfect for that since they were not too heavy. I also filled 8 longboxes with my TPBs, which were quite a bit heavier lol