Page 495 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595995 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 20773
    Fantastic Member

I have been waiting for a series of dedicated color reprints of classic Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-man for years - so, the forthcoming MMW will be much appreciated! It's been a long time in coming, but better late than never.

The iconic cover to PPTSSM #1 was incredible - the Tarantula was a great villain, and I really enjoyed the storyline as well. It will be great to have these early issues in color, since I've only read them via the b&w Essential (back in the 200X's).

IIRC, PPTSSM was initially supposed to focus more on Peter Parker's personal life (hence, the title), whereas ASM was supposed to have more action. Not sure if this was actually the case, however. I will say that in the '70's, PPTSSM seemed to be more of a stand-alone title in that you didn't necessarily have to read ASM at the same time; but, chances were if you read/collected one title you would almost certainly read/collect the other (and there were references to the other title in each series). By having both titles focus on Spider-man, it was a great way to give the character more exposure, and also made Marvel more $ as a result (LOL). Then, of course, you had Marvel Team-up - which also focused on Spider-man....

By the '80's I remember both ASM & PPTSSM being fairly interchangeable - and having a lot more cross-overs by that time; notably the Doctor Octopus/Owl gang-war storyline. Though, there were a lot of notable stand-alone PPTSSM issues in the '80's - notably the Cloak & Dagger origin issue; the issue focusing on the Toyman; another cool issue with Stilt-man which had a great cover (in which he was destroying the cover logo - LOL); etc.
    Last edited by ROM Spaceknight; 12-23-2016 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    no tie ins?
    No tie ins, 5 issues, $50, but...it really is Monster sized. 14 1/4" x 21 1/4" trim size. I think that's bigger than the Adamantium Collection books. It will be interesting to see how this does.

In regards to a Miles Morales omni, I will be so pissed if it happens when they've apparently abandoned the Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter) omnis.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    No tie ins, 5 issues, $50, but...it really is Monster sized. 14 1/4" x 21 1/4" trim size. I think that's bigger than the Adamantium Collection books. It will be interesting to see how this does.

In regards to a Miles Morales omni, I will be so pissed if it happens when they've apparently abandoned the Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter) omnis.
    At least Ultimate Parker has a full run in OHC, Morales has been raved about, but nothing in OHC format yet - it's a nice size to fit all the Morales stuff into an Omnibus

Realm of Kings omnibus.

11.jpg
    12.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Realm of Kings omnibus.

11.jpg
    12.jpg
    That looks great - can't wait to see all 3 War of King's Omni on my shelf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post

It is. 21 1/4" is almost the size of IDW's biggest Artists Editions (Steranko SHIELD or Kirby Thor). That is huge, and at that price a bargain. However, I'm a bit concerned about the reproduction of the artwork as this is quite a bit bigger than the actual artboards used today. So in case the artists didn't use oversized boards the artwork will just be blown up, possibly resulting in a sub-par reproduction.

As to the Morales Omni, I'd be a bit miffed as well since I only recently bought the TPBs. I have the complete USM Peter Parker set in oversized HCs but had given up on hoping the Morales series would ever be published in the same format.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    Realm of Kings omnibus.

11.jpg
    12.jpg
    I hated the War spine design and how busy it all was with that wraparound. I actually quite like this one. Plain on the spine and a cracking Thanos image on the front.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by ROM Spaceknight View Post
    I have been waiting for a dedicated color reprints of classic Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-man for years - so, the forthcoming MMW will be much appreciated! It's been a long time in coming, but better late than never.

The iconic cover to PPTSSM #1 was incredible - the Tarantula was a great villain, and I really enjoyed the storyline as well. It will be great to have these early issues in color, since I've only read them via the b&w Essential (back in the 200X's).

IIRC, PPTSSM was initially supposed to focus more on Peter Parker's personal life (hence, the title), whereas ASM was supposed to have more action. Not sure if this was actually the case, however. I will say that in the '70's, PPTSSM seemed to be more of a stand-alone title in that you didn't necessarily have to read ASM at the same time; but, chances were if you read/collected one title you would almost certainly read/collect the other (and there were references to the other title in each series). By having both titles focus on Spider-man, it was a great way to give the character more exposure, and also made Marvel more $ as a result (LOL). Then, of course, you had Marvel Team-up - which also focused on Spider-man....

By the '80's I remember both ASM & PPTSSM being fairly interchangeable - and having a lot more cross-overs by that time; notably the Doctor Octopus/Owl gang-war storyline. Though, there were a lot of notable stand-alone PPTSSM issues in the '80's - notably the Cloak & Dagger origin issue; the issue focusing on the Toyman; another cool issue with Stilt-man which had a great cover (in which he was destroying the cover logo - LOL); etc.

This was a great run for the first 150 issues or so as I recall... Then we hit the clone stuff which I wasn't a fan of.
    The Doc Ock/Owl stuff was great. Don't forget, Peter David wrote a lot of the stuff starting around issue # 100.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I hated the War spine design and how busy it all was with that wraparound. I actually quite like this one. Plain on the spine and a cracking Thanos image on the front.
    Agreed - there were far better images to use for the War Omni, Realm looks incredible - lets hope the Road to War Omni will be in the style of Realm too

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    As to the Morales Omni, I'd be a bit miffed as well since I only recently bought the TPBs. I have the complete USM Peter Parker set in oversized HCs but had given up on hoping the Morales series would ever be published in the same format.
    I gave up on the OHCs appearing too - it feels like any hope lies in Omnibus.
    I understand why you'd be miffed though, I have the full Hickman Avengers OHC collection, so slightly irritated on the Omnibus coming next year (I'll still get it of course! lol)
    I was more irate with the GotG Omni being reprinted across the War of Kings Omni Trilogy though - thankfully managed to sell it on for roughly what I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: THE CLONE CONSPIRACY HC
    Written by DAN SLOTT, CHRISTOS GAGE, ROBBIE THOMPSON & SEAN RYAN
    Penciled by JAVIER GARRÓN, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, JIM CHEUNG, IRENE STRYCHALSKI, JAMAL CAMPBELL & JAVIER SALTARES
    Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
    The Jackal is back, and he’s conquered mortality; now some of Spider-Man’s firmest friends and fiercest foes are dead no more! Outmatched by his classic enemy’s army, does the wall-crawler have a chance? Should he even stand in the way if Miles Warren holds the key to eternal life? If Peter Parker doesn’t have the answers, ask…Otto Octavius! Shocks reverberate throughout Spidey’s world as Silk gets drawn into the fray by a Spider-Woman back from the grave! Scarlet Spider faces Carrion! And a reborn Prowler works for the Jackal — but what role does the resurrected Madame Web play? All this plus…Gwen Stacy! It’s the most death-defying Spider-Man event of all time! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2015) #19-24, THE CLONE CONSPIRACY #1-5, THE CLONE CONSPIRACY: OMEGA 1, SILK (2015B) #14-17, PROWLER (2016) #1-5 and material from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2016 (CAPTAIN AMERICA) #1.
    496 PGS./Rated T+ …$60.00
    Trim size: oversized
    The first Worldwide OHC collecting the main title includes ASM #1-11 (Worldwide paperbacks 1 & 2). If there's a second one, I assume it will include #12-18 (paperbacks 3 & 4). And, per Amazon solicitations, there's a post-Clone Conspiracy storyline going from #25-28 in the sixth paperback, so we could also be talking about a third OHC including the Clone Conspiracy tie-ins (#19-28, paperbacks 5 & 6).

So my guess is, this is Spider-Verse all over again and there will be some double-dipping involved in case we want it all in OHC.

Let's hope that the Clone Conspiracy OHC has the accurate reading order, at the very least intertwining ASM and the mini...

Spectacular Member

Is there anything I really need to read between the Hickman FF omnis and the Hickman Avengers omnis? Thanks very much.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Let's hope that the Clone Conspiracy OHC has the accurate reading order, at the very least intertwining ASM and the mini...
    At the very least, if not in reading order it needs to include an accurate listing of both reading order and contents, and page numbers on the actual pages.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Is there anything I really need to read between the Hickman FF omnis and the Hickman Avengers omnis? Thanks very much.
    No. They follow each other eith nothing between. Though some would suggest reading Hickman's Ultimates run. I dont think it is at all important, but some people do suggest it
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    No. They follow each other eith nothing between. Though some would suggest reading Hickman's Ultimates run. I dont think it is at all important, but some people do suggest it
    It does get you Ultimate Reed which is a vital part of what goes on. Plus I think it does help having some grounding in the UU before diving into SW #1.