Page 497 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597997 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 20773
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I can't recommend The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly enough. It's amazing.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    It does get you Ultimate Reed which is a vital part of what goes on. Plus I think it does help having some grounding in the UU before diving into SW #1.
    Thanks for the tip, everyone. I just tried to read Hickman's Ultimates, and... wow. That was a chaotic mess to someone who has only read a smattering of UU issues before. I loved Hickman's FF, but now I am worried about his Avengers after reading Ultimates. Should I be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Thanks for the tip, everyone. I just tried to read Hickman's Ultimates, and... wow. That was a chaotic mess to someone who has only read a smattering of UU issues before. I loved Hickman's FF, but now I am worried about his Avengers after reading Ultimates. Should I be worried?
    His ultimates was a mess. Personally I don't think you need to read it to understand Avengers. Just know that the Ultimate Reed isn't a good guy.

I loved his FF. I really liked his New Avengers but didn't think much of Avengers early on. It all picked up once you get into Infinity and the following arcs. It's very, very cosmic and not your average Avengers run. It's good, tho.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 12-26-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I think they have gone back to the OS fallout in newer issues, can anyone confirm that because that would entice me to get the new OHC.
    I can confirm this, in fact I happened to re-read all the issues you're talking about just the other night. OS is alluded to a couple times in the earlier issues of the current series, and issues 8-11 specifically deal with it. That storyline is collected in TPB as Deadpool World's Greatest, Vol 3: Deadpool vs Sabertooth, as for OHC I think they'll be in Vol 2.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    His ultimates was a mess. Personally I don't think you need to read it to understand Avengers. Just know that the Ultimate Reed isn't a good guy.

I loved his FF. I really liked his New Avengers but didn't think much of Avengers early on. It all picked up once you get into Annihilation and beyond. It's very, very cosmic and not your average Avengers run. It's good, tho.
    Do you mean Infinity, rather than Annihilation?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    His ultimates was a mess.
    At that point the entire Ultimate Universe was a mess, the whole project had gone off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Do you mean Infinity, rather than Annihilation?
    Yes, thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    At that point the entire Ultimate Universe was a mess, the whole project had gone off the rails.
    Yeah I said something similar awhile back. There wasn't much saving it. Most of the main characters were dead and the ones left weren't very interesting. The only thing worth really reading was the new - at the time - Miles SM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I can confirm this, in fact I happened to re-read all the issues you're talking about just the other night. OS is alluded to a couple times in the earlier issues of the current series, and issues 8-11 specifically deal with it. That storyline is collected in TPB as Deadpool World's Greatest, Vol 3: Deadpool vs Sabertooth, as for OHC I think they'll be in Vol 2.
    Thanks for the info.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

All-New Member

Do i need to read the Annihilation series/omnibus before i read the War of Kings Omnibus?

Also, should i wait til the prelude is released before i get into WOK?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyWeiss View Post
    Do i need to read the Annihilation series/omnibus before i read the War of Kings Omnibus?

You don't need to read Annihilation or Conquest to read WoKs, but I would say wait for Prelude Omni - both the X-Men and Inhumans have a build up to the main Omni. Prelude will also position Guardians, Nova and Darkhawk.

I'd definitely wait for the prelude. I'd very highly recommend getting Conquest first as well.

Annihilation, as good as it was, isn't worth waiting for, considering the ridiculous prices people are trying to sell it for.
    Cyclops was right

All-New Member

I have conquest, but havent' delved into it knowing the WOK was coming out. Will wait for prelude. Thanks guys.

I have conquest, but havent' delved into it knowing the WOK was coming out. Will wait for prelude. Thanks guys.
    Between the four volumes, the entire runs of the fantastic Guardians and Nova books from that era are collected. Might as well wait and read the whole series straight though.
    Cyclops was right

I just want to read x-men books but i really don't like the inhuman , can i pass WOK ?