Page 498 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 398448488494495496497498499500501502508548598998 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post
    I just want to read x-men books but i really don't like the inhuman , can i pass WOK ?
    I'd say the WOK event is an important and really satisfactory story line for Vulcan, since his first appearance in Deadly Genesis. But I don't particularly remember this event having any impact on the main X-Men story or characters, apart from the Shiar

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I'd say the WOK event is an important and really satisfactory story line for Vulcan, since his first appearance in Deadly Genesis. But I don't particularly remember this event having any impact on the main X-Men story or characters, apart from the Shiar
    At the end of WOK Polaris, Havok, and Rachael Summers are stranded in deep space. They are recovered at the end of Mike Carey's run on Legacy, and beyond knowing they were stranded you don't need too much more information about WOK to understand what's going on. Similarly, I believe the next major Starjammers story is in Cyclops, and that hardly references WoK.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I just want to read x-men books but i really don't like the inhuman , can i pass WOK ?
    Its only really important for the Havok and Rachel Summers. (And possibly Polaris, but I'm not sure how much page time she got in it).
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Near Mint View Post
    Thrilled to see PPtSSM hit MMW, but I'm concerned about the frequency of subsequent volumes too. They actually did do a second volume of MTU about 18 months after the first, but there hasn't been a third in over four years since then. I seem to recall that MTU may have licensing challenges with some of the rotating cast of guest stars, but I don't know with certainty the reason for the delay.
    This is exactly my concern as well re: PPTSSM in the MMW format, and is the reason I didn't want to see the title reprinted in this format. It will take YEARS to even get to the mid-'80's PPTSSM issues, and that's assuming that we get one MMW volume per year. For these reasons, I would have strongly preferred Omnis for this title.

Conversely, a short-lived title like Savage She-Hulk will work much better in the MMW format; they can easily complete that series in two volumes.

Spectacular Member

I agree with what the others say in that WoKs doesn't really effect what's happening to the X-Men in the main ongoing titles of the time.
    It was a great self contained story though - if you want it just from the X-perspective, then Deadly Genesis + WoKs Omnibus will cover it for the full "Vulcan" story.
    FYI - The early Inhumans story thread focuses on Quicksilver in the aftermath of House of M (Son of M), which was more X-related before drifting into ramifications with Inhumans (Silent War, Secret Invasion, etc).
    The Aftermath Omnibus will only cover some Shi'Ar related material - so the firm X element drops out by here. Depends on how bothered you are on following the Shi'Ar as part of x-continuity as to whether you'd want this too.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Thanks for the tip, everyone. I just tried to read Hickman's Ultimates, and... wow. That was a chaotic mess to someone who has only read a smattering of UU issues before. I loved Hickman's FF, but now I am worried about his Avengers after reading Ultimates. Should I be worried?
    Avengers and New Avengers were Hickman's first books I really had a problem with. They start out fine, even if they tend to emphasis his worst flaws but they become messing the further his run gets. It might also be that I am sick to death of the heroes vs heroes events. I did however, really enjoy Secret Wars.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Thanks for the tip, everyone. I just tried to read Hickman's Ultimates, and... wow. That was a chaotic mess to someone who has only read a smattering of UU issues before. I loved Hickman's FF, but now I am worried about his Avengers after reading Ultimates. Should I be worried?
    Hickman's FF is better than his Avengers run, but the Avengers run is still very good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Hickman's FF is better than his Avengers run, but the Avengers run is still very good.
    His FF run was epic - one of the best FF runs ever. He made Johnny respectable, he understood science and he mapped at a pretty cool future.
    And then Fraction came along and fucked it all up.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    His FF run was epic - one of the best FF runs ever. He made Johnny respectable, he understood science and he mapped at a pretty cool future.
    And then Fraction came along and fucked it all up.
    Couldn't agree more.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

The F4 haven't been the same since Mr. Hickman left.

Yeah Hickman was close to perfect on FF books so glad they got them out in omnibus form quickly.

So the Spider Gwen ohc is a few weeks away, what's the general consensus on this? Worth picking up or nah?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My end of year Marvel Collected Editions haul:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The 2 Spider-Man PHC's were picked up at clearance from a local comics internet store. The Marvel Universe by John Byrne Omnibus was purchased from IST at $50 during their recent discounts. Some nostalgia kicked in, so I picked up those Hulk dvds from amazon.co.uk and the amazon.co.uk marketplace - I loved watching the Hulk series as a kid. The Fallen Son Death of Captain America OHC has a dent or two but it was a pretty cheap in particular for an OOP OHC.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 12-31-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Happy New year, folks. Hopefully Marvel can pull it together in 2017.

Yeah, I'm still bitter about IvX. Peanut allergy my butt
    Cyclops was right