Page 50 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354601001505501050 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Okay, I'm drawing the line here. I was interested in those Star Wars and Master of Kun-gu omni's but not at that price, I just won't do it. Also, why would they release a Squadron Supreme omni when they already released half the stuff in an omni, it just comes across very milk-ish, forcing people who love the Squadron to buy two omni's. Lousy, Marvel, lousy.
    It really is. I'd quite like that Squadron Supreme omnibus, but already own the first. It's double dipping of the worst kind.

I'm beginning to feel I need to join that MMW forum just on the off chance that guy Corey, who is a collections editor, can see some of my growing criticisms regarding the omnibus line.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Of course marvel reprints everything Civil War related except the Spider-Man stuff. Even in trade, can't get no love. Hopefully this means they're doing some kind of Omnibus for the JMS run instead..

Okay, as a big Star Wars fan, who in their right mind decided that the Ewoks and Droids kiddie series should get the omnibus treatment?! I am like 99% sure I wouldn't even get an EPIC of that, but surely not an omnibus of that.

Of all the SW material ripe for omnibus treatment, such as the Thrawn Trilogy, or the Crimson Empire series, or even Rogue Squadron in its entirety (I know it's now in starting in the EPICs already) - this just seems very odd. But whatever. Slapping SW on anything is like printing money these days, I guess I'm MORE shocked we haven't seen MORE SW omnibuses coming out in the solicits.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Okay, I'm drawing the line here. I was interested in those Star Wars and Master of Kun-gu omni's but not at that price, I just won't do it. Also, why would they release a Squadron Supreme omni when they already released half the stuff in an omni, it just comes across very milk-ish, forcing people who love the Squadron to buy two omni's. Lousy, Marvel, lousy.
    agree. The page count-price ratio is ridiculous. I'm not that fussed about the SS omni, read some older SS and IMHO if you have the SS omni you have the best version already.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The page count/price on the Master of Kung-fu is a bit insulting and reeks of the "X-tax", however, they kind of have not only have collectors but readers by the short hairs on this one.
    The material, as far as we know, seems to have a narrow window of reprint-ability. One either gets it now, in OMNI(with no promise or expectation of other formats) or risk paying more for it when they become "whales".

I could see the Droid/Ewok Omni being clearance out, I'll gamble that one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The page count/price on the Master of Kung-fu is a bit insulting and reeks of the "X-tax", however, they kind of have not only have collectors but readers by the short hairs on this one.
    The material, as far as we know, seems to have a narrow window of reprint-ability. One either gets it now, in OMNI(with no promise or expectation of other formats) or risk paying more for it when they become "whales".

I could see the Droid/Ewok Omni being clearance out, I'll gamble that one.
    that is true, it is finally available and exclusively in this format but with Marvel's quality it's still not a great deal. From an other publisher, maybe. I'm also not a big fan of their paperstock, they use the same stock for everything and lot of older books turn out oversaturated.

The funny thing about the Shang-Chi is I like the page count, but it really should have been $100. I'm not big on Kung-Fu, but I was going to give it a try, now I think I can safely pass and not worry about disappointment. If that Droids omni gets even average sale numbers I'll be shocked.

Didn't see an Epic so that's a bit of a let down. Honestly though a month where I don't have to spend any money on Marvel is a good thing. They over charge for what they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON BY CHRISTOPHER PRIEST: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Don't love the price though...Like, Priest's Black Panther coming out in the same format and is like 100 pages more for the same price...

Nothing to see here then, so I can gladly move along

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Shang-Chi Omnibusses were once amongst my biggest wants. Looking at the price and page count has put me slightly off. Other than the fact that quite a few of us have been waiting for them, now I know why they've been hyping them so much. Cory also mentioning that they won't likely see reprints is probably another plug in order to make some of us rush out and preorder copies.

The Squadron Supreme Classic Omnibus has set a precedent what with reprinting previously Omnibussed material. I wonder what else awaits us? Saying that, I'm interested in purchasing it.

Aarrgghhh... I had no interest at all in the Stan Lee Vibranium-sized book. None. Nada. Until I read that it includes Moebius' Parable. Damn it. Just dammit.

SHANG-CHI: MASTER OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC Cover:

SQUADRON SUPREME CLASSIC OMNIBUS HC Cover:

STAN LEE: MARVEL TREASURY EDITION SLIPCASE HC Cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Shang-Chi Omnibusses were once amongst my biggest wants. Looking at the price and page count has put me slightly off. Other than the fact that quite a few of us have been waiting for them, now I know why they've been hyping them so much. Cory also mentioning that they won't likely see reprints is probably another plug in order to make some of us rush out and preorder copies.

The Squadron Supreme Classic Omnibus has set a precedent what with reprinting previously Omnibussed material. I wonder what else awaits us? Saying that, I'm interested in purchasing it.
    Well that crappy Ultimate Universe Beginnings Omni was 1/2 reprint of the Ultimates and USM Omnis.

Spectacular Member

Is there any sort of precedent for what more recent stuff typically gets the OHC treatment? I'd imagine Spider-Man/X-Men/Avengers stuff always get collected in OHC but are there any examples of more recent-ish stuff not getting put out in that format? I'm trying to stay up to date with the ANAD stuff as the trades come out but for some of the bigger titles I'd be fine with waiting a little longer if OHCs seem like a pretty sure bet.

On a different note shouldn't the Marvel Knights Cap collection be part of the Epic line?

STAR WARS: DROIDS & EWOKS OMNIBUS HC DROIDS Covers: